PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

All time Pats killer team

If NE had been at that SB, I’d have to add Ray Lewis…. (I know he was wearing his not-gonna-murder white suit and all, but…)

I was shocked to see PEDton Manning on the list.

The roster of the 2007 Giants.

This. Single-handedly ruined the Super Bowl prospects of 3 teams between 2008 and 2011 (albeit I don't think the 2009 team was Super Bowl caliber even with Welker playing).

Also 2012 when he knocked out Ridley in the AFCCG causing a fumble that turned the tide.

The '85 Bears need to be added to the list.

Also 2012 when he knocked out Ridley in the AFCCG causing a fumble that turned the tide.
True, although by that time the Ratbirds were already ahead. I associate the 2012 AFCCG turning point more with Talib's injury early in the game. Once he went out, Anquan Boldin and Torrey Smith started to go wild on the Patriots' D.

One game wonder Pats killers

The Wildcat
Peyton Hillis
DeVante Parker
Nick Foles
Dan Orlovsky :D

He played against NE in more than one game but Alex Smith somehow has a 147 rating against the Pats...

Last edited:
From Super Bowl 31:

- Desmond Howard (Why Parcells continued to let Vinatieri kick anything returnable to him still bothers me to this day)
- Reggie White (3 sacks was single game SB record)
- Brett Favre/Antonio Freeman/Andre Rison (those two long TD passes, plus Howard's TD return were the difference between winning and losing).

Previously mentioned but worth reiterating:
- When OJ became the first player in NFL history to rush for over 2000 yards, it would not have been remotely close to happening had the Bills not played the Pats twice that season. He ran for 250 yards in the season opener, and 219 more in the next to last game of that year. Those 469 yards represented almost 1/4 of his season total, and he averaged 9.1 yards per carry. Fairbanks had no answer to the slasher.

- John Elway: he went 11-0 versus the Patriots in his career. It never mattered how good the Patriots were, you knew they could never win against Elway.
- Mike Shanahan: Elway's coach only lost to the Patriots once in his 20 seasons as a HC, near the end in 2011 with Washington. Altogether he was 10-4 versus the Pats.

- Keith Lincoln: The Patriots were blown out by the Chargers in their very firstleague championship game. Lincoln had an incredible 206 yards rushing with one TD - on just 13 carries! - plus 7 receptions for 123 yards and another TD in the 1963 AFL championship. The 329 total yards from scrimmage was 68 more yards than the entire Pats offense, and is still to this day a record for any single playoff game - a whopping 72 yards more than any other performance.

- Ben Dreith: The link below sums up what was not only the worst officiating in NFL history, but one of the worst officiated events in the history of all sports (short of the infamous 1972 Olympic basketball game).

- Don Shula: 33-20 versus Patriots, with 12 AFC East titles.

- Dan Marino: won 12 straight vs Pats from 89 to 95.

- Bernard Pollard, for obvious reasons.
- Jack Tatum, even more so.

- DC Buddy Ryan and the Bears 46 defense in 1985 and Super Bowl 20

TE - Aaron Hernandez

TJ Ward had it out for Gronk. Taking out Gronk invariably took out our whole offense it felt like.

Also, if we were to assemble a list of Patriots who were not-literal killers, I want to nominate Brandon Spikes, who I heard in an interview with Gronk and the Kelce bros that he was the hardest hitting player they've ever encountered in their careers.

Aaron Hernandez
Zeke Mowat
Phil Olsen (drafted by Pats)
Ben Dreith who called RTP on SugarBear Ray Hamilton

DL- Aaron Schobel, Jason Taylor
schobel...man i used to hate when they faced him. he was a 1 man wrecking crew for buff.
i remember when saban went to mia my first thought was oh . he's gonna turn jt into a 3-4 olb and it will get worse. jt was a little light but perfect size. he was great in that role especially. those two have h.o.f. resumes against the pats.
Coaching- Mike Shanahan
agree...shanny offenses gave bb teams fits

From Super Bowl 31:

- Desmond Howard (Why Parcells continued to let Vinatieri kick anything returnable to him still bothers me to this day)
- Reggie White (3 sacks was single game SB record)
- Brett Favre/Antonio Freeman/Andre Rison (those two long TD passes, plus Howard's TD return were the difference between winning and losing).

Previously mentioned but worth reiterating:
- When OJ became the first player in NFL history to rush for over 2000 yards, it would not have been remotely close to happening had the Bills not played the Pats twice that season. He ran for 250 yards in the season opener, and 219 more in the next to last game of that year. Those 469 yards represented almost 1/4 of his season total, and he averaged 9.1 yards per carry. Fairbanks had no answer to the slasher.

- John Elway: he went 11-0 versus the Patriots in his career. It never mattered how good the Patriots were, you knew they could never win against Elway.
- Mike Shanahan: Elway's coach only lost to the Patriots once in his 20 seasons as a HC, near the end in 2011 with Washington. Altogether he was 10-4 versus the Pats.

- Keith Lincoln: The Patriots were blown out by the Chargers in their very firstleague championship game. Lincoln had an incredible 206 yards rushing with one TD - on just 13 carries! - plus 7 receptions for 123 yards and another TD in the 1963 AFL championship. The 329 total yards from scrimmage was 68 more yards than the entire Pats offense, and is still to this day a record for any single playoff game - a whopping 72 yards more than any other performance.

- Ben Dreith: The link below sums up what was not only the worst officiating in NFL history, but one of the worst officiated events in the history of all sports (short of the infamous 1972 Olympic basketball game).

- Don Shula: 33-20 versus Patriots, with 12 AFC East titles.

- Dan Marino: won 12 straight vs Pats from 89 to 95.

- Bernard Pollard, for obvious reasons.
- Jack Tatum, even more so.

- DC Buddy Ryan and the Bears 46 defense in 1985 and Super Bowl 20
With how thorough that was you should of included Bruce Smith and Cornelius Bennett

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back