Here's how I would have the pitching rotation for the ALCS:

Game 1: Beckett
Game 2: Schilling
Game 3: Wakefield
Game 4: Matsuzaka
Game 5: Beckett
Game 6: Wakefield
Game 7: Schilling

My reasoning is simple. Assuming Wakefield is healthy he could come back on normal rest for game 6 & give Schill the extra days rest by saving him for game 7. Of course if we're trailing the series than Schill would go in game 6 & hopefully Dice-K or Wake can get the job done in game 7.

Cleveland's closer will provide an opportunity for Big Papi to add more chapters to his late inning legacy or he'll jog in just ahead of Manny more than once.

btw, love the sig Bakes.

You are right on the rotation except for Wake and Dice-K are switched

I thought I read Beckett would be pitching 1,4,7 ? That was a few days ago though.

The main problem the Red Sox will have is matching Carmona at #2. On paper Beckett will do fine matching up on Sabathia. And Matsuzaka/Wakefield are fine against Westbrook/Byrd. Schilling will have to pitch well in his starts, though. If the Indians win Game One, it could be bad - Game One is always important but I think it's more important than ever for the Red Sox to win as the Indians have the Game Two SP advantage (on paper).

Borowski is, indeed, a disaster waiting to happen if the Red Sox are behind by a run in the 9th.

I thought I read Beckett would be pitching 1,4,7 ? That was a few days ago though.

The main problem the Red Sox will have is matching Carmona at #2. On paper Beckett will do fine matching up on Sabathia. And Matsuzaka/Wakefield are fine against Westbrook/Byrd. Schilling will have to pitch well in his starts, though. If the Indians win Game One, it could be bad - Game One is always important but I think it's more important than ever for the Red Sox to win as the Indians have the Game Two SP advantage (on paper).

Borowski is, indeed, a disaster waiting to happen if the Red Sox are behind by a run in the 9th.

I agree with your pitching match-up analysis. I think Schilling needs to pitch the game of his life...again...to beat Carmona.

I agree with your pitching match-up analysis. I think Schilling needs to pitch the game of his life...again...to beat Carmona.
He does - but the key is for Beckett to beat Sabathia; if so then Schilling winning is almost a bonus. If Beckett losses - ouch.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back