After Win, Newton Tells Off Reporter On the Way to the Locker Room

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
After Win, Newton Tells Off Reporter On the Way to the Locker Room

Ian Logue

Apparently Panthers quarterback Cam Newton was a little bitter toward the media coming into Sunday's game against the Patriots and following the win, he had choice words as he headed back to the locker room.

Continue reading...

(If you enjoyed this entry - hit the Thumbs Up/If not, hit the Thumbs down in this thread)

Newton needs a thicker skin. This comes across as being a major prima donna, as if he wants adulation 24/7 with zero criticism, even if it is warranted.

You would think at this point in his career he would have a better understanding of the media (and fans), especially after what he experienced in the aftermath of being on the losing team in the Super Bowl.

All this is going to accomplish is to set himself up to be in the spotlight that much more whenever the Panthers lose their next game.

Obviously in a league with as many players as the NFL you'll get a wide variety of personalities.

Brady is the picture of perfection when it comes to dealing with the media while Newton is on the opposite end of the spectrum.

Ironically enough the NFL goes out of their way to smear Brady's image and would rather put their support behind a guy like Newton.

So embarrassing bb a "defensive genius" let this clown come back from the dead.

Please BB, enough of this soft containment prevent nonsense...find a scheme that's aggressive and find players who can scare the life out of QBs

Newton needs a thicker skin. This comes across as being a major prima donna

He has always been a narcissistic prima donna. He's super-talented, but super full of himself and when I've seen him play the way he goes for crowd reaction I sometimes think he's more suited for WWE than NFL.

I don't like the guy at all. He's 2-0 against us now. I don't even think he's a great QB. He's ok but nothing great.
He can be great, but is too inconsistent to truly be elite.

Please BB, enough of this soft containment prevent nonsense...find a scheme that's aggressive and find players who can scare the life out of QBs
Yea at this point if they are going to be giving up big plays might as well hit the quarterback in the process.

Wonder if anyone will call out Mr Black Power on his disrespect for the press...
So because a player did something you don't like you're all "wahhhhhh wahhhhh he disrespected the press". Screw the sports mediots. I wish every single player in every single sport gave them massive disrespect all the time. It's what the mediots have coming to them.

Wonder if anyone will call out Mr Black Power on his disrespect for the press...

We should be more concerned about his disrespect for our defense.

Yeah, Belichick is one stupid SOB, isn't he??
icon_lol.gif
:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill