PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

After one game, apparently A Colt's fans think their defense is fixed...

Status
Not open for further replies.

cblesz

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Last edited:
Re: After one game, apparently Colt's fans think their defense is fixed...

You should change the subject line of this thread to say "...apparently A Colts' fan thinks..." Even as a Colts' fan I've never heard of that site. Their run defense did look a lot better though. To hold Portis to 43 yards with one carry going for 34 yards and to hold the Skins to 114 (including a couple Randle El plays) all together is much better than they had been doing. Fixed? Not yet. Better? Yes. BTW, the Colts were without one of their starting linemen who was in an accident before the game.

workhorse said:
You should change the subject line of this thread to say "...apparently A Colts' fan thinks..." Even as a Colts' fan I've never heard of that site. Their run defense did look a lot better though. To hold Portis to 43 yards with one carry going for 34 yards and to hold the Skins to 114 (including a couple Randle El plays) all together is much better than they had been doing. Fixed? Not yet. Better? Yes. BTW, the Colts were without one of their starting linemen who was in an accident before the game.

while i agree that this was the colts best effort against the run so far, keep in mind that the 'skins were trailing badly for a lot of the game - you can only call so many rushes when you need scores pronto.

Lockdown06 said:
while i agree that this was the colts best effort against the run so far, keep in mind that the 'skins were trailing badly for a lot of the game - you can only call so many rushes when you need scores pronto.

I hear ya. I have Clinton Portis in fantasy and I was angry that they wouldn't run the ball. As for the Colts, we all know they are going to be there in the end. Will they win? That remains unknown. Until they win a big game, they will never be taken seriously in the playoffs.

workhorse said:

Portis was pretty ineffective after that helmet to the nuts. :D

Honestly, workhorse, that team (and I use the term lightly) you faced last night is one of the most pathetic excuses for an NFL team I've ever seen. What an undisciplined, self absorbed, overpaid collection of "talent", coupled with some of the most ineffective though expensive coaching Snyders money could buy. Gibbs should go back to NASCAR where there's nothing to do but left turns.

Hope Mathis is ok though. And kudos to Peyton for that Gumby impression. :eek:

Aqua4Ever04 said:
I hear ya. I have Clinton Portis in fantasy and I was angry that they wouldn't run the ball. As for the Colts, we all know they are going to be there in the end. Will they win? That remains unknown. Until they win a big game, they will never be taken seriously in the playoffs.

Yeah, kinda like the Dolphins...:rolleyes:

MoLewisrocks said:
Yeah, kinda like the Dolphins...:rolleyes:

Wouldn't the Dolphins have to make the playoffs before we could not take them seriously in the playoffs?

That isn't going to happen any time soon with that terrible QB situation Saban locked himself into.

this is just one fan getting way ahead of himself. We all have those people who either proclaim us SB champs or that we are done.

I thought the comedy was worth it, and the guy hates the Pats (jealousy more like it). And, I agree with Lockdown06...Skins were trailing and had to throw. They still racked up 114 yards rushing overall.

And workhorse, I changed the header...

Last edited:

4.8 ypc. Down from 5.2 I can understand how a 0.4 ypc improvement could be worth a 2nd round pick. :rolleyes:

Lockdown06 said:

The Skins were up 14-13 at half time. The third quarter is when the Colts blew it open and scored three times.

cblesz said:
I thought the comedy was worth it, and the guy hates the Pats (jealousy more like it). And, I agree with Lockdown06...Skins were trailing and had to throw. They still racked up 114 yards rushing overall.

And workhorse, I changed the header...

Heh, thanks. Didn't know you could even change it after the fact. I was half way joking anyway, but thanks.

dhamz said:
Wouldn't the Dolphins have to make the playoffs before we could not take them seriously in the playoffs?

That isn't going to happen any time soon with that terrible QB situation Saban locked himself into.

My guess is you don't pay attention to any one but the Pats. QB is not the problem in Miami. It's amazing the difference a coordinator can make. Linehan really was that great and Mularky really is that terrible.

Lockdown06 said:

And also that the Skins simply aren't very good. Clinton Portis had more to do with stopping Clinton Portis than the Colts D.

We will soon see just how fixed that defense is over the next 2 weeks.
HEHEHE

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore