PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

AFC East Coach of the Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

n6249c

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
BSPN polled the four writers covering the AFC East for them and the Coach of the Year was a tie between Bill Belichick and Adam Gase.

Interesting part to me was that both Mike Reiss and Miami reporter James Walker voted for Belichick. The two others voted for Gase. Made me wonder how much those were really votes against the Patriots?

If you want you can read the comments and justifications from each of them here: Bill Belichick and Adam Gase tie for AFC East coach of the year

thought Rich Cimini's comment was funny:
Yeah, Belichick went 3-1 without Tom Brady, a noteworthy feat, but Gase went 10-6 with Ryan Tannehill and Matt Moore. To me, that tops Belichick on the degree-of-difficulty scale.
Not much respect for Tannehill in that is there?

Other coaches are measured against each other. BB is measured against BB... The only way he wins is if the somehow exceeds the ridiculously high bar he's set. Other coaches win it for simply not pissing and ****ting themselves and then reaching into their diapers and eating their own waste.

With that logic shouldn't he have voted for BoB? Guy went 9-7 with Brock and Savage
and unlike Gase BOB won his wildcard game. But this was a poll for AFCE only, not the whole conference.

I think Bill should win Coach of the year. I think its been 1 of his best coaching years. But everyone is crapping on us for are weak sauce schedule. Its funny I never heard about other teams schedules before for awards.

I give the award to Rex Ryan. I'll miss he buffoonery going forward. Gase is boring. Same goes for Bowles.

They should just give BB a lifetime type of award and not put him in the running for coach of the year. They could just rename the award the Belichik Coach of the Year Award and have that be his honor for the rest of time.

I mean its not like Gase is a horrible choice when you only have 4 options. I could see a reasonable argument to vote for him because what he did in Miami by getting them to the playoffs was completely unexpected whereas with Belichick you know is continued excellence.

BB deserves consideration every year but this year more than any other.

From 2015. BB the GM removed/lost Collins, Jones, Easley and Hicks and in 2016 BB the coach finished with the #1 scoring defense in the NFL.

In 2016 BB the coach went 3-1 without Tom Brady the greatest QB in history.

In 2016 BB the coach had the best record in football.

BB should win CoTY by a country mile.

I can't stand the sentiment that BB doesn't earn coach of the year because he already has a good team. Yeah, because year in year out he assembles a great team as the GM and then coaches guys off the street into the pro bowl. And deals with guys leaving for mega money after winning another Superbowl and never misses a beat. The fact that he 'always has a good team' should be the #1 reason he should be a strong candidate for coach of the year, not an excuse to give it to someone else...

BB deserves consideration every year but this year more than any other.

From 2015. BB the GM removed/lost Collins, Jones, Easley and Hicks and in 2016 BB the coach finished with the #1 scoring defense in the NFL.

In 2016 BB the coach went 3-1 without Tom Brady the greatest QB in history.

In 2016 BB the coach had the best record in football.

BB should win CoTY by a country mile.

Not to mention, he shut out Houston earlier this year with a 3rd string rookie QB playing with a broken thumb and on a short week. They should have just awarded him COTY right then and there.

Not to mention, he shut out Houston earlier this year with a 3rd string rookie QB playing with a broken thumb and on a short week. They should have just awarded him COTY right then and there.
And when he did it started the season 3-0 without Brady when everybody was hoping for a .500 start for those four games...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back