2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Raiders today are playing last game at Coliseum

Another historical franchise will moove

I feel bad for their fan base

Pity and sad...

We were rivals but today is the respect day for Oakland fans

The Raiders belong in Oakland...or LA. And the Chargers need to go back home.

The Autumn Wind is a pirate
Blustering in from sea
With a rollicking song he sweeps along
swaggering boisterously
His face is weather beaten
He wears a hooded sash
With his silver hat about his head
And a bristly black moustache
He growls as he storms the country
A villain big and bold
And the trees all shake and quiver and quake
As he robs them of their gold
The Autumn wind is a Raider
Pillaging just for fun
He'll knock you 'round and upside down
And laugh when he's conquered and won.

Raiders today are playing last game at Coliseum

Another historical franchise will moove

I feel bad for their fan base

Pity and sad...

We were rivals but today is the respect day for Oakland fans
Morons fault.
560e993c9dd7cc22008becdd.jpeg

I live near Oakland. Even though it means I have to talk smack every time I go out in Patriots gear, I feel bad for their fans.

The Raiders are a big part of the community and the identity here and to me it’s not fair that one person can rip that away from them.

I'm going to a party full of Raiders fans this afternoon for the Jags game and goodbye to Oakland. Most of them wanted to go to the game, but tickets were tough to come by, at least as of last week.

Regards,
Chris

I live near Oakland. Even though it means I have to talk smack every time I go out in Patriots gear, I feel bad for their fans.

The Raiders are a big part of the community and the identity here and to me it’s not fair that one person can rip that away from them.

I'm not seeing the same kind of animosity from the fans to the Raiders for moving as we've seen from other fanbases with departing franchises over the years. Like the Chargers moved and in doing so lost essentially their entire fan-base. Do you think most local Oakland fans will stay as Raiders fans, stop following the NFL entirely, or maybe pick a different team?

I'm not seeing the same kind of animosity from the fans to the Raiders for moving as we've seen from other fanbases with departing franchises over the years. Like the Chargers moved and in doing so lost essentially their entire fan-base. Do you think most local Oakland fans will stay as Raiders fans, stop following the NFL entirely, or maybe pick a different team?

Yeah, I’m guessing that’s because this is the second time they moved, they’re used to it.

My hunch is the majority of them will continue to root for them in Vegas.

The fans are the only one’s I feel for. Between the Politicians, the city of Oakland and Al Davis its been a complete clown show over there. Stadium is an absolute joke. Lies and deception from both sides.

Funny thing is most of the Raider fans I talk to are going to remain loyal.

NFL gone full tropic thunder with quite a few if these moves last 5 years

@Tunescribe I needed Fournette to have a good game to win my fantasy league championship and it doesn’t look like that will happen.

Welcome to corporate America.

Yeah, I’m guessing that’s because this is the second time they moved, they’re used to it.

My hunch is the majority of them will continue to root for them in Vegas.
I don't know any season ticket holders, so I haven't heard any expected animosity from them about the move. For my large Raiders fans circle, most are actually looking forward to a Southwest Airlines getaway to Vegas for a game or two per season. Attending a game will seem like an event. Making chicken salad out of chickenpoop, I guess.

Regards,
Chris

I don't know any season ticket holders, so I haven't heard any expected animosity from them about the move. For my large Raiders fans circle, most are actually looking forward to a Southwest Airlines getaway to Vegas for a game or two per season. Attending a game will seem like an event. Making chicken salad out of chickenpoop, I guess.

Regards,
Chris

I have a business idea based in Vegas to provide mobile tailgate catering services to what will likely be a large number of fans of the opposing teams who make a trip to Vegas to see their teams play the Raiders (and presumably Oakland fans like you say).

They can’t fly with a grill or anything, so for a low price my company will provide it in the parking lot, with tables, food, coolers, beer, footballs, life size cardboard cutouts of your favorite players...

It’s a goldmine idea. Who’s in? @chris_in_sunnyvale? @VegasGuy what say you?

...so for a low price my company will provide it in the parking lot, ...

Serious question: Is there a parking lot? I thought the stadium wasn't building one as everyone was expected to mosey over from the strip.

Regards,
Chris

Serious question: Is there a parking lot? I thought the stadium wasn't building one as everyone was expected to mosey over from the strip.

Regards,
Chris

That’d be an admission that all the fans were from out of town and were staying in hotels! There has to be something, there’s certainly enough space for it.

That’d be an admission that all the fans were from out of town and were staying in hotels! There has to be something, there’s certainly enough space for it.
I dunno. One thing is for sure: The influx of LA Raiders fans making the 4hr drive will be huge.

Regards,
Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back