PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Adding A Quarterback

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you look at Jimmy Garoppolo he had some of the features that Brady has. Gets the ball out quick, makes quick easy throws and is smart. Those are hugely important for a QB in this system.

Plus he literally was trained to emulate Brady.

At the Throw It Deep academy, Christiansen made Brady the template his quarterbacks studied. He showed Garappolo “tens of thousands” of images of Brady, he said. When he needed an example of how to read defenses, he showed video of Brady. When he taught how to use the angle of your shoulders to dupe a defensive back, he showed still photographs of Brady. The proper head placement on a play-action fake? Brady. Throwing motion? Brady. Every photo, every detail, was Brady. Always Brady.

1) Do folks believe that Hoyer will be adequate for 2020?

2) Do folks believe that we would have no problem bringing in a replacement for Boyer, and that this is a better option than bringing someone in now?

For me, we need to replace Hoyer ASAP.

I know it's a small sample size, but from what I saw of Etling last year in the pre season and in scrimages, I don't want him anywhere near the field come regular season time. I think he's back up material at best.
But @ashley1992 he can run like me!!!! ;)

Of the free agents, I like Teddy Bridgewater. As a backup and spot starter.

I wouldn't draft a QB high this year. I'd grab what this draft has a lot of: defensive line. We also need TE/WR help. A good coverage linebacker who can keep up with a RB on a wheel route...
I've been a big Teddy fan since college and would love him here but think he will be too costly for a backup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe