SOURCE:NESN

SOURCE:NBC Sports Boston

SOURCE:USA TODAY

Patsfans.com

Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: N/A

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

AB UPDATE: crazy fight w/ ex-wife, dropped by Rosenhaus, picked up by police

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by oldrover, Dec 17, 2019.

1. Ice_Ice_Brady

Ice_Ice_Brady PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +29,253
    So are you like, taking a victory lap here? That was quite an embarrassing sht show of an offense...may have seen Tom leave New England with a sad whimper as he seethed at the sht he he had to throw to, while the only time he was excited all year was when AB was on the team. So maybe AB played himself off the team. But all that BS about being 8-0 “proving” he isn’t needed, and those ridiculous points about “star receivers” not winning Super Bowls, etc., all that turned out to be foolish. The offense isn’t some magical little chess board whereby anyone can be plugged in and they’ll win. They needed a dude with AB’s game changing talent, considering the crap tight ends and other deficiencies. It was the right move to take a chance on him, as we saw the broken down offense that was left otherwise. At least admit that, and others like myself admit AB is indeed batsh1t crazy and probably would have gotten thrown off the team anyway due to his absolutely psychotic personality.

Bottom line: we did need a guy like AB, and badly. The risk was necessary. AB is a psycho and the risk didn’t pay off. End of story. Let’s shake hands and move on to bashing Sanu.

• Like Like x 3
  2. shmessy

shmessy . PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +28,184
    “Gummy” actually set you off???

Take a deep breath.

3. rochrist

rochrist Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract Weekly Picks Winner

Ratings:
    +8,173
    Please. The only time they had anyone remotely comparable to AB was when they had Moss. How many SBs did they win with Randy again?

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Confused Confused x 1
  4. Ice_Ice_Brady

Ratings:
    +29,253
    It’s not that they always need a player like AB. It’s that they needed a player like AB in 2019 at the time they signed him, which is why Belichick took the gamble. Crap tight ends, a running game with big questions due to injuries to Develin and Andrews (and again, the crap tight ends.)

The offense was dependent on a 33-year old Edelman and a guy who was suspended for drug use like 7 straight seasons. Belichick didn’t pickup Brown to show off with his new Ferrari because he could afford him and got a decent bargain (it appeared). The offense was insufficient the problems were stacking up. Demaryius Thomas was not what they were hoping for (see the extremely low trade value), and Harry wasn’t looking like an immediate contributor, and was injured, as the season started. The Brown acquisition was about necessity, not to build a nuclear offense.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Ice_Ice_Brady

Ratings:
    +29,253
    No, just the realization that you’re still intensely posting about your AB obsession four months after the incident. Looks like you had to update your Avatar with a new selfie to show what this has done to you :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. 1960Pats

1960Pats PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +12,216
    This question also came up in the ODB thread recently. According to Jason Whitlock, these players are filming themselves to gain followers on social media. That would then turn into more chances to sell products. It makes some sense.

• Useful Useful x 2
  7. 1960Pats

Ratings:
    +12,216
    Your theory is all based on the idea that Kraft dumped AB because of Goodell. How do you know that? Isn't it possible that Kraft didn't want the negative PR because of his legal problem and that's why he dumped AB?

Btw, I can't believe this topic is still going strong.

• Useful Useful x 1
  8. shmessy

Ratings:
    +28,184
    “Posting intensely”? :p I’m cracking jokes at the people like you who are posting multi-paragraph screeds as to why a stink bomb (with a recording device) is necessary to be thrown into the Patriots locker room. I think you may be projecting, son.

The fact that the short one sentence “gummy” joke set you off was :D.

Take a breath - step back and look - it’s freaking hilarious.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2020
  9. BUSTAMOVE

BUSTAMOVE Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +1,825
    First off it is my assumption. I believe that is all anyone here gives. The Patriots organization is like Fort Knox with info.
    I think it was an accumulative process.
    I think AB was told when they signed him that any added distractions and he was gone.
    You can bet that Krafts incident was in play. Once the negative attention of AB would not go away it brought Krafts problem in view again.

I truthfully think after the texting incident Goodell called Kraft and said that AB was done. Between the NFLPA negotiations and the 100th Anniversary tour going on there was no end in sight of AB’s antics. Bad publicity. I think he called Kraft and said he is going to exempt AB. Kraft at that point did not want to piss off Goodie with Goodie keeping Krafts problems out of the limelight with no punishment and decided enough was enough with AB. Keeping him would be foolish because you still would have to pay his salary and he was going to be sidelined. You also piss off Goodell because it would have went to an appeal hearing taking all the attention from the NFL and muddying the NFPLA negotiations. The texting incident gave Kraft a shot in the dark to try and recover the contract money while staying in good graces with the league

My major point is once the texting incident happen AB was done. He crossed the final line drawn in the sand with the NFL. They just interviewed the girlfriend in the lawsuit with no public statement and then AB threatens another woman, making the NFL look like enablers. They were done with him. He was threatening women, GM’s, racial slurs, calling out teammates etc. A total nightmare. Why do you think no team went near him after that. They all knew that AB was un signable.

Just my opinion but I bet I am close to the true facts

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. Ice_Ice_Brady

Ratings:
    +29,253
    I have little doubt you are close to the facts as to why Kraft thought releasing him was the right move, however foolish his reasoning was.

Pros of Releasing Him
    • Might be able to recover cap space and avoid paying sign-on bonus.
    • Might have wanted to get rid of him regardless, but many people here think that is foolish, and it was reported Belichick was not of that mindset.
    Cons of Releasing Him
    • Might be stuck with cap hit and sign-on bonus anyway.
    • Cap hit for 2019 is already a sunk cost and not recoverable in 2019. Even if they get it back for the future, this was a team that has made the previous three Super Bowls. Recovering this cap space and bonus years later after court appeals is not the same as recovering it in 2019.
    • It was obviously in the opinion of your franchise’s greatest player ever that they should have tried to keep him, and the embarrassing on-field results may have led to a premature exit from Brady.
    • It was not certain he would have been Exempt Listed. Goodell does not want to anger the NFLPA right now or draw more attention to the player conduct policy, since a criminal report filing had always been the impetus for an investigation.
    • Brown may have served suspension this year anyway and returned if he was still on the Patriots and had the NFLPA pressuring the league. As of now he’s not an NFL player and there is no urgency to conclude anything.
    • Brown’s contract would have paid a lot less money for missing incentives, so the Patriots would have avoided a lot of payments anyway, eland possibly had him down the stretch and for the postseason, which is what they really wanted him for.
    • Patriots would have had option to franchise Brown in 2020.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. BUSTAMOVE

Ratings:
    +1,825
    I agree my friend. Unfortunately drama sells in modern society especially when there are counter views.

12. BUSTAMOVE

Ratings:
    +1,825
    Ice. I like that you have thought through it also. Some of your points I agree with some I don’t. The one fact that I don’t agree with is he was going to get exempted. Reason. No other team even sniffed him. Many needed a WR. The NO tryout never had a chance to materialize. All the owners knew. Just like Kapernick. Kapernick was bringing a racial divide. AB was bringing a women divide. It wasn’t a one time incident with both that the NFL could try and move on from. From both it was multiple incidents. NFPLA negotiations at that point was the less of two evils

The NFL does not like when groups of viewers start getting annoyed with the Brand. That is money and that is what the NFL protects at all costs. Deflategate was just an opinion one way or another. Owners can take differing views and stances on distractions like that, Race and Women and Dog lovers are cha Ching cha Ching. Have a player keep bringing negativity continuously to those groups of viewers and that is when unity between owners take precedent. He was a threat that was not going away. Owners knew it and blackballed him through Goodies winks and nods

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. BUSTAMOVE

Ratings:
    +1,825
    I am done with AB and moving on. Scumbag is not worth it

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. 1960Pats

Ratings:
    +12,216
    I doubt that we ever know for sure what happened.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Triumph

Triumph Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +10,819
    AB is never coming back.

There is nothing that he can say or do to make amends for all the damage that he has caused. The Pats have enough problems without AB including the curse of AB now for letting him into to the franchise. Dude is Satan himself.

16. shmessy

Ratings:
    +28,184
    I don’t think he’s Satan. He’s just very ill. And knows how to use recording devices. That’s a terrible combination.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Triumph

Triumph Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +10,819
    3 NFL teams and 3 terrible endings.

Everywhere AB goes something occurs that involves the Police or Courts or both.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  18. supafly

supafly James White pays me for shoutouts PatsFans.com Supporter Weekly Picks Winner

Ratings:
    +24,647
    • Useful Useful x 2
  19. BadMoFo

BadMoFo Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +2,694

• Useful Useful x 3
    • Sad Sad x 2
  20. XLIX

XLIX Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings: