PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

AAF Players to the NFL

Status
Not open for further replies.

CISGS

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
I know the talent is limited in the AAF, but figured we could have a thread for who stands out and looks like they could make a roster next year.

I’m rolling with Aaron Murray. I think he’s on a team come August.

Garrett Gilbert

2ca3317f6d6473b2fd3c1b8f2d2522f2.png

Yeah, Garrett Gilbert's a step above all the other QBs I've seen in the league.

FWIW, I'm not overly hyped on one player, but I admit I enjoy watching the games. Sort of a cross between College and the NFL. The games are pretty fun to watch and it's interesting how the various teams are getting larger and lager crowds with each passing week.

The NFL was smart to jump on the bandwagon and share broadcasting and announcers with the AAF. It's got some interesting features, like letting the viewers listen in to what the refs are discussing during reviews, and removing the PAT and requiring a 2-point conversion attempt after a touchdown.

Mostly, it feeds my football jones until College starts up, and training camps, and preseason start for the NFL. :rolleyes:

I watch games here and there. It's not the NFL but it's better than Arena and the CFL.....and yes the broadcast is professional and entertaining.

This league was co-founded by that piece of **** human Bill Polian. That's what stands out about the AAF.

I’m rolling with Aaron Murray. I think he’s on a team come August.
Murray seems to throw the ball well over the middle, but he's really struggling when throwing outside the numbers.

I wouldn't say it is better than the CFL though, but mildy entertaining....I miss more games than I watch...

Rashad Ross and Charles Johnson belong in training camps. Wouldn't hate if it was the Patriots' with the need at WR. Johnson in particular looks like a man playing with boys and he's had success in the NFL, though both are pushing 30 and may simply be top minor leaguers.

On defense, Ed Reynolds, Trenton Thompson, Terrence Garvin, Jamar Summers, and Damontre Moore look great. Thompson's an interior tackle and was the number 1 recruit in the country back in 2015, but left Georgia too early for the draft and went undrafted. Ended up in camp with the Browns but got cut, but wouldn't be beyond the Browns to let talent slip between their fingers. He's a guy who may have a ton of untapped potential.

Last edited:
This league was co-founded by that piece of **** human Bill Polian. That's what stands out about the AAF.

I heard a rumor that the AAF is done. Too bad for Bill Polian. He always seemed to have his heart in the right place. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft