PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A VERY interesting trend since 1970 and going into the final year of this decade

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOTSFANINPA

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Saw a video on something yesterday that I never thought about .......

Since 1970 and the early Super Bowl years there has been ONE TEAM that has dominated a decade and won EXACTLY 3 Super Bowls

1970/1979 the Steelers won 3 titles
1980/1989 the 49ers won 3 titles
1990/1999 the Cowboys won 3 titles
2000/2009 the Patriots won 3 titles
2010/2019 there is only one team that has a chance to win 3 titles before this decade ends and since this is the last year of this decade guess who is in the Super Bowl with a chance to win 3 titles and continue this near impossible scenario? yep the Patriots who have 2 ....

Quite the coincidence - I don't know what the odds would be if you placed a bet on this 50 years ago but I would bet about powerball odds

Already been mentioned, should've already happened. Damn shame.
From a lot of fans alike there is growing concern about the legitimacy of the NFL and sports in general - when stats like that show up you can't blame them for conspiracy theories - like when the Astros won the WS right after the Houston hurricane and the Saints right after Katrina were 2 mentioned as well.

I refuse to go down that path because it ruins everything but very interesting nonetheless

This is deceiving. 79 Steelers won 4th SB in Jan 1980, 89 49ers won 4th SB in Jan 1990.

Not everyone goes by the year the SB is played but by the season.

This is deceiving. 79 Steelers won 4th SB in Jan 1980, 89 49ers won 4th SB in Jan 1990.

Not everyone goes by the year the SB is played but by the season.
its not deceiving - its based on how many super bowls were won in the years 00/09 nothing before nothing after - regardless of what season or part it was in - it still adds up to 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News