PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A theory on why the Pats ended with 3 IOLs

Status
Not open for further replies.
And, who says the Patriots see Herron as an IOL? Mike Reiss listed him as a T in the roster breakdown he did yesterday.

Jarrett Stidham big NFL draft winner as Patriots' roster takes shape

“Draft experts “ have labeled him as a G because he has short arms. If memory serves Matt Light had short arms and Isaiah Wynn hardly meets the mold of an NFL T, but that’s where he plays.

I was the poster who first (as far as I know) speculated on Onwenu’s possible usage as a NT, a position he played quite well his freshman year at Michigan. It would make sense to use him that way to compliment Beau Allen on the game roster as the Patriots don’t have another DT of that size. Plus, the tendency is to dress only 3 DTs for a game because they usually offer limited special teams value.

Have heard comments from Jonathan Kraft about how the Pats pay the roster players and practice squad players.. so why can't they bring up someone to fill a gap in the event of an injury or specific need??

Consider MLB they bring up role players from their affiliates to fill a need for a short period of time, why shouldn't the NFL do the same??..

The current practice never made much sense to me.. that would also be a better way to assess the talents and abilities of a practice squad player in a game time situation..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back