PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A$ante being A$ante

Need Want GIF

Asante cared about one thing, and it wasn't winning.
Wheres My Money GIF
"Get Rich to This" tattooed on his arm. If he had stuck to his assignments better, Belichick may very well have paid him. He freelanced way too much, admittedly he was very good at it. But many blown assignments through the years from the guy who hates the Pats so much, he can't ever stop talking about them. See ya' till next time, and there will certainly be a next time, right, Assante?

I’ll post the clip, but now Asante is saying the Patriots put the players families in a crappy hotel for Super Bowl 42. The day before the Super Bowl Asante is getting into with Bill over this and then complained to Kraft. The next day of the Super Bowl, all the families got new rooms.

Last edited:
I’ll post the clip, but now Asante is saying the Patriots put the players families in a crappy hotel for Super Bowl 42. The day before the Super Bowl Asante is getting into with Bill over this and then complained to Kraft. The next day of the Super Bowl, all the families got new rooms.
In SB 36 Lawyer Milloy had a similar story about his room and he complained to Bill.

Bill swapped rooms with him.

Exactly. I was listened to the PFW pod this week and and they were talking about Asante blabbing about the fact that he was going to get paid soon. This was the day before the Super Bowl. Bitter AS*HAT.
Shoulda had David Ortiz shoot him with that dollar bill gun.

He is such an idiot... talking about coaches getting paid while players don't. Hey Assante - have you heard of the term "salary cap"? Well, let me refresh your memory - It doesn't apply to coaches.

A team can pay all of the coaches whatever the heck they want without a worry in the world. There is no spending cap on coaches.

I laughed when someone on twitter chirped back at him about his 4 inch vertical leap. :D

He really is an ungrateful bum. The Pats took a chance on a 2003 nobody draftee in the 4th round. I bet you he wasn’t even rated that high. And like we’ve seen throughout the years, the Pats could take virtual nobodies, and coach them into decent to excellent DBs. He’s no different than Butler and Jackson, who were virtual nobodies, and turned into Pro Bowl caliber players. Unfortunately by the time they become that good, usually the Pats don’t have the cap to give them the huge contracts they want.

I’m not saying it was ALL coaching, they had talent and had to put in the work, but they were virtual nobodies.

He is such an idiot... talking about coaches getting paid while players don't. Hey Assante - have you heard of the term "salary cap"? Well, let me refresh your memory - It doesn't apply to coaches.

A team can pay all of the coaches whatever the heck they want without a worry in the world. There is no spending cap on coaches.

The guy had $57m in career earnings. 2X World Champion. Had a very, very, very good NFL career and a son who he is now living vicariously through. It's a credit to him and having the good fortune of playing on some good teams. Big picture hes got nothing to complain about. Life has been good to him....but hes bitter and clearly has an axe to grind.

Some people are happy when they are miserable.

He needs to let it go lol He felt slighted which is fine, but bro it's been over a decade now
He was not a great player after he left NE either.

It's fine to call out BB, but Samuel didn't win crap after he left.

I don’t see why hes so bitter. He was tagged for one year and got a nice contract with philly the next. Earned 2 rings here. Move on ya clown

In SB 36 Lawyer Milloy had a similar story about his room and he complained to Bill.

Bill swapped rooms with him.

i remember how when we went to Glendale in SB49 the Pats specifically asked for the same hotel that the Giants stayed at in 42…they learned their lesson

Welker's a wide receiver, yeah, there is no excuse.

But if Samuel is the CB that he thought he was, he makes that play easily.
I saw him successfully make that exact play in a regular season game that year.
Too scared on the big stage?

i remember how when we went to Glendale in SB49 the Pats specifically asked for the same hotel that the Giants stayed at in 42…they learned their lesson
I didn't know that. Interesting.

The guy had $57m in career earnings. 2X World Champion. Had a very, very, very good NFL career and a son who he is now living vicariously through. It's a credit to him and having the good fortune of playing on some good teams. Big picture hes got nothing to complain about. Life has been good to him....but hes bitter and clearly has an axe to grind.

Some people are happy when they are miserable.
True but once you have kids, you gotta let all that **** go. He embarrasses his son every time he yaps. Your kids are more important than your fragile ego

I recall Randy Moss talking about SB42 and saying the team was in one hotel for the week leading up to the game and then moved to a different hotel the day before the game. Moss hated the move because he thought the second hotel was terrible, his bed was uncomfortable and he couldn't get a good nights sleep. I assume that the players and their families were all staying at the same "crappy" hotel initially and then the team moved to a different hotel on Saturday. Maybe both hotels were terrible. Or maybe one person's crappy hotel is another person's favorite.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back