PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A$ante being A$ante

sb1

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
I just can't imagine being a guy drafted in the 4th round, where 90% of players flame out after a few years, playing for that team for five years and getting to three super bowls (should have been three wins if he makes that INT), translating that development, exposure, and hard work into a massive free agent contract, and then spending the rest of your life feeling angry about that coach and team.

Hes still bitter BB didn't pay him in 06 and put him over a barrel in 07

There was a reason for that. BB pays players who elevate their games when they count the most.

Asante did not. Instead he let Tyree run around and didn't make plays when they needed to be made.

F that guy.

main-qimg-031aafc115886143de2d8e39ddaad663.gif

I just can't imagine being a guy drafted in the 4th round, where 90% of players flame out after a few years, playing for that team for five years and getting to three super bowls (should have been three wins if he makes that INT), translating that development, exposure, and hard work into a massive free agent contract, and then spending the rest of your life feeling angry about that coach and team.
The worst thing about his latest comments is they trash all his teammates much worse than they trash BB.
That means Willie McG. Willie McGinest? I've never heard anybody speak anything about him except respect. Rodney.Brady.Bruschi.Seymour.
Notice anything Assante? 2 Hall of Famers. And all those guys above were better players-and men-than you,chump.
Get some therapy

There was a reason for that. BB pays players who elevate their games when they count the most.

Asante did not. Instead he let Tyree run around and didn't make plays when they needed to be made.

F that guy.

View attachment 44053
That reaction speaks louder than anything he says on Twitter.

I will never forget Asante posing for a photo with a bunch of cheerleaders in the pro bowl ONE WEEK after he cost us 19-0 with a big smile on his face

***ante needs to let it go. Too funny how salty he gets on Twitter when someone points out the INT that hit him in both hands in the Super Bowl.

Also when someone points out that David Tyree was HIS man on the Helmet Catch.

He'll fire back that he only care's about his kids now..

All you can do is shake your head because it's clear that he is full of it.. Otherwise he wouldn't be the one bringing this stuff up

So far he is not wrong. The drafting and some FA moves did kinda suck.

Brady gone = 0 trophies.

The farm is riding on this season.

Kraft will go ape if Brady wins # 8. Breer has an article on whether Kraft bet on the wrong horse.

F that guy.
According to Asante, he actually wanted to leave after the 2006 season because Bill was trying to diminish his value. He specifically mentioned the Bears incident where he accuses Bill of taking him off the field for no reason for Troy Brown. He said when he went back on the field, he made some play (int or something) and stared Bill down. However, money always talks and I’m sure Asante would’ve reconsidered if Bill offered him a good deal.

The rest of the post I agree with. He was not the type of CB you pay. And that Tyree play was inexcusable.

He's complaining about Belichick being the highest paid coach but forgetting that Belichick earned that. Belichick had 3 SB rings and 4 SB appearances before Asante stepped foot on an NFL football field.

According to Asante, he actually wanted to leave after the 2006 season because Bill was trying to diminish his value.
He specifically mentioned the Bears incident where he accuses Bill of taking him off the field for no reason for Troy Brown. He said when he went back on the field, he made some play (int or something) and stared Bill down. However, money always talks and I’m sure Asante would’ve reconsidered if Bill offered him a good deal.
100% accurate.

Asante cared about one thing, and it wasn't winning.
Wheres My Money GIF

He needs to let it go lol He felt slighted which is fine, but bro it's been over a decade now

***ante needs to let it go. Too funny how salty he gets on Twitter when someone points out the INT that hit him in both hands in the Super Bowl.
I think his excuse he’s said before was that it was too high. I think he mistimed the jump and reaching up for the ball was was slightly slow.

Asante cared about one thing, and it wasn't winning.
Wheres My Money GIF

Exactly. I was listened to the PFW pod this week and and they were talking about Asante blabbing about the fact that he was going to get paid soon. This was the day before the Super Bowl. Bitter AS*HAT.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back