9th Annual DW Toys Trade-A-Rama Mock Draft to Enjoy or Annoy ROUND 1

DW Toys

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Round 1

1. Cleveland (1-15)- Myles Garrett, DE, Texas A&M
  2. San Francisco (2-14)- Leonard Fournette, RB, LSU
  3. Chicago (3-13)- Solomon Thomas, DE, Stanford
  4. TRADE-New Orleans from Jacksonville (3-13)- Jonathan Allen, DE/DT, Alabama (1st and 2nd)
  5. Tennessee - from Los Angeles Rams (4-12)- Jamal Adams, S, LSU
  6. New York Jets (5-11)- Marshon Lattimore, CB, Ohio State
  7. Los Angeles Chargers (5-11)- Cam Robinson, OT, Alabama
  8. Carolina (6-10)- Mike Williams, WR, Clemson
  9. Cincinnati (6-9-1)- Ryan Ramczyk, OT, Wisconsin
  10. Buffalo (7-9)- Malik Hooker, S, Ohio State
  11. Jacksonville via New Orleans (7-9)- Mitchell Trubisky, QB, North Carolina
  12. TRADE-Patriots from Cleveland - from Philadelphia (7-9)- Zach Cunningham, LB, Vanderbilt (Pats get 1st,2nd, QB Osweiler and 1st in 2018. Clev. Pays all but $2,5mm of Osweiler salary)
  13. Arizona (7-8-1)- Reuben Foster, LB, Alabama
  14. Philadelphia - from Minnesota (8-8)- Haason Reddick, LB, Temple
  15. Indianapolis (8-8) -Christian McCaffrey, RB/WR, Stanford
  16. Baltimore (8-8)- O.J. Howard, TE, Alabama
  17. Washington (8-7-1)- Jabrill Peppers, S/LB, Michigan
  18. Tennessee (9-7)- John Ross, WR, Washington
  19. Tampa Bay (9-7)- Dalvin Cook, RB, Florida State
  20. Denver (9-7)- Charles Harris, DE/OLB, Missouri
  21. Detroit* (9-7)- Derek Barnett, DE, Tennessee
  22. Miami* (10-6)- Taco Charlton, DE, Michigan
  23. New York Giants* (11-5)- David Njoku, TE, Miami
  24. Oakland* (12-4)- Tre'Davious White, CB, LSU
  25. TRADE Jacksonville from Kansas City via Houston* (9-7) -Takkarist McKinley, DE/OLB, UCLA (1st and 3rd for Alex Smith from K.C. . Those picks to JAX for Bortles)
  26. Seattle* (10-5-1)- Corey Davis, WR, Western Michigan
  27. Kansas City* (12-4)- Jarrad Davis, LB, Florida
  28. Dallas* (13-3)- Adoree Jackson, CB/KR, USC
  29. Green Bay* (10-6)- Marcus Williams,CB/ S, Utah
  30. Pittsburgh* (11-5)- Marlon Humphrey, CB, Alabama Gareon Conley, CB, Ohio State
  31. TRADE-San Diego from Atlanta* (11-5)- Deshaun Watson, QB, Clemson(1st and 3rd)
  32. TRADE-Arizona from New England from New Orleans - from New England* (14-2)- Pat Mahomes, QB, Texas Tech (2nd and 2018 2nd)

I love the effort but could you explain how the Pats get #12 overall exactly? I assume JAG but want to be sure.

Also how did they get #32 (to trade away again)? Did they trade Butler?

Last edited:
These always make for good entertainment each year. And, really, none of us know how it's going to turn out, so @DW Toys might as well throw in his opinion. Thanks for the four (!!!!) threads to read through. ;)

I love the effort but could you explain how the Pats get #12 overall exactly? I assume JAG but want to be sure.
Yes, Jimmy G, for the Browns, 1st at #12, 2nd at #33, a 2018 1st Rounder .....and QB Brock Osweiler where the Browns eat most of his salary........Why that guy?!!! He would be a reasonable "clip board holder" and has NFL experience that Brissett lacks. He is young and think if Josh can coach him up? Another trade chip for 2018. He had some decent games and then some corkers!
BB talks value? This is the value aspect
DW Toys

From Cleveland's perspective I cannot envision why they would ever consider that trade under any circumstances..

Then again, this is the Browns we are talking about, so I guess we can dream...

No what I think happens is that one of the reasons Cleveland gives us the picks is that WE take Osweiler off their hands (we do have the cap space to do it). The Trade is OK. I'd even take the #52 in the 2nd, and make the 2018 pick a conditional first that will most likely become a 2nd.

But that being said, I really would rather use that pick on one of the top edge rushers as opposed to a LB who's major weakness was missing tackles. A nice prospect, but too much risk for someone THAT high. I'm surprise Toys didn't jump on Barnett, Reddick or Taco at that spot.

No what I think happens is that one of the reasons Cleveland gives us the picks is that WE take Osweiler off their hands (we do have the cap space to do it). The Trade is OK. I'd even take the #52 in the 2nd, and make the 2018 pick a conditional first that will most likely become a 2nd.

But that being said, I really would rather use that pick on one of the top edge rushers as opposed to a LB who's major weakness was missing tackles. A nice prospect, but too much risk for someone THAT high. I'm surprise Toys didn't jump on Barnett, Reddick or Taco at that spot.

Have two pass rushers coming in 2nd and 3rd. BB has done some time on Cunningham as OLB. Perhaps he sees LB as a little more needy?
I would rather Barnett or Reddick but this is what I think BB can or will do.
That being said I like the Kansas State kid Jordan Willis as much as Barnett and Reddick and he is an absolute student of the game and film room junkie. He's bigger than Reddick for sure and way faster than Barnett.
DW Toys

Round 1

1. Cleveland (1-15)- Myles Garrett, DE, Texas A&M
  2. San Francisco (2-14)- Leonard Fournette, RB, LSU
  3. Chicago (3-13)- Solomon Thomas, DE, Stanford
  4. TRADE-New Orleans from Jacksonville (3-13)- Jonathan Allen, DE/DT, Alabama (1st and 2nd)
  5. Tennessee - from Los Angeles Rams (4-12)- Jamal Adams, S, LSU
  6. New York Jets (5-11)- Marshon Lattimore, CB, Ohio State
  7. Los Angeles Chargers (5-11)- Cam Robinson, OT, Alabama
  8. Carolina (6-10)- Mike Williams, WR, Clemson
  9. Cincinnati (6-9-1)- Ryan Ramczyk, OT, Wisconsin
  10. Buffalo (7-9)- Malik Hooker, S, Ohio State
  11. Jacksonville via New Orleans (7-9)- Mitchell Trubisky, QB, North Carolina
  12. TRADE-Patriots from Cleveland - from Philadelphia (7-9)- Zach Cunningham, LB, Vanderbilt (Pats get 1st,2nd, QB Osweiler and 1st in 2018. Clev. Pays all but $2,5mm of Osweiler salary)
  13. Arizona (7-8-1)- Reuben Foster, LB, Alabama
  14. Philadelphia - from Minnesota (8-8)- Haason Reddick, LB, Temple
  15. Indianapolis (8-8) -Christian McCaffrey, RB/WR, Stanford
  16. Baltimore (8-8)- O.J. Howard, TE, Alabama
  17. Washington (8-7-1)- Jabrill Peppers, S/LB, Michigan
  18. Tennessee (9-7)- John Ross, WR, Washington
  19. Tampa Bay (9-7)- Dalvin Cook, RB, Florida State
  20. Denver (9-7)- Charles Harris, DE/OLB, Missouri
  21. Detroit* (9-7)- Derek Barnett, DE, Tennessee
  22. Miami* (10-6)- Taco Charlton, DE, Michigan
  23. New York Giants* (11-5)- David Njoku, TE, Miami
  24. Oakland* (12-4)- Tre'Davious White, CB, LSU
  25. TRADE Jacksonville from Kansas City via Houston* (9-7) -Takkarist McKinley, DE/OLB, UCLA (1st and 3rd for Alex Smith from K.C. . Those picks to JAX for Bortles)
  26. Seattle* (10-5-1)- Corey Davis, WR, Western Michigan
  27. Kansas City* (12-4)- Jarrad Davis, LB, Florida
  28. Dallas* (13-3)- Adoree Jackson, CB/KR, USC
  29. Green Bay* (10-6)- Marcus Williams,CB/ S, Utah
  30. Pittsburgh* (11-5)- Marlon Humphrey, CB, Alabama Gareon Conley, CB, Ohio State
  31. TRADE-San Diego from Atlanta* (11-5)- Deshaun Watson, QB, Clemson(1st and 3rd)
  32. TRADE-Arizona from New England from New Orleans - from New England* (14-2)- Pat Mahomes, QB, Texas Tech (2nd and 2018 2nd)
Thanks for putting in the effort. Mocks are always a good way to pass the time before the real thing.

1. Don't see Jimmy G going anywhere (Pats choice) and even if they were inclined to trade him, seems like a huge haul. Even Cleveland isn't that dumb.
2. Peppers and Foster both seem very high here, especially with the failed drug tests at the combine.
3. Unless the rumors are BS, seems unlikely that Mccaffrey makes it to 15.

Excellent effort on this.

I like your thinking on the end of round 1 trades.

You have some serious players going to our three afc east rivals. Let's hope they don't see this.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back