PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

60% - An impressive stat - Winning in Today's NFL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm wrong... There has been 11 seasons... this being the 11th season, so we have played in 6 of 11 AFC Championship games which is 54.5%.

What exactly am I intentionally misunderstanding?

I'm wrong... There has been 11 seasons... this being the 11th season, so we have played in 6 of 11 AFC Championship games which is 54.5%.

It was clear to me all along that the OP meant the 2001-2011 seasons.

I thought you were being funny, and intentionally misunderstanding what he meant by taking it literally. I withdraw my characterization of your post as "clever."

In addition, I presume that we are excluding Belichick's first season because the stat would be worse.

In addition, I presume that we are excluding Belichick's first season because the stat would be worse.

Even though when you say worse, I would say 50% of all Champioship games is still un heard of!!! over a 12 year period.

I agree.

50% over 12 years is awesome.

Even though when you say worse, I would say 50% of all Champioship games is still un heard of!!! over a 12 year period.

If you look at the Brady Belichick partnership though it's 60% in years Brady was his starter for the majority of the season...

This is why players still want to come here. Particularly those with the requisite self motivation. A chance to win it all. Because while no one can guarantee you a win, this place puts you in position to have that chance more often than any other in the long run.

And as one of our former OL jags articulates in this NFP article, that is what players want first and foremost. Just a shot at the Superbowl experience. Most never realize even that.

We as a fan base are spoiled. Ergo we don't tend to appreciate it. Once you've won one it's all about winning another for most players and fans. But for most of the players on this team, just getting to one will be the experience of a lifetime. It's always preferable for that experience to end in basking under the confetti shower rather than ducking and dodging someone else basking in it, but the experience itself is a reward and the upside is until you've won one you should always remain hungry. We're lucky that we have a blend of guys on the field and on the sidelines performing this season for every sound reason from the desire to experience one, to the thrill of winning one, to the ultimate ambition to consistently strive to experience winning the next one and the one after that...

NFL -- Nothing bigger than Super Bowl? Not exactly - ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference