4 Key Colts Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

flutie2phelan

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Vinatieri ... Simon ... Sanders ... Stokley
all OUT vs Jags
(as ESPN2 has been scrolling for a couple of hours).

flutie2phelan said:
Vinatieri ... Simon ... Sanders ... Stokley
all OUT vs Jags
(as ESPN2 has been scrolling for a couple of hours).
good, too bad they all aren't injured

Haha. Classic ESPN. They report the Colts injury list but not any other teams'.

Kdo5 said:
Haha. Classic ESPN. They report the Colts injury list but not any other teams'.

Yeah, no kidding. I think it is an attempt to make sure that everyone is aware that if god forbid the Colts lose to a very good team, it is only because they were missing key players. I mean, they want to make sure that the Colts would go 16-0 under normal circumstances, but they are at a clear disadvantage here. I mean, the KICKER is out. What will they do without the KICKER.

The only real impact player IMO that the Colts will really miss is going to be Bob Sanders. he leads the team physically and emotionally on Defense. Manning still has Harrison and Reggie Wayne, Missing Stokley won't be to much of a factor considering they can replace him with Dallas Clark in the recieving game. and Martin Gramatica should do fine replacing vinateri..

FSUPatsFan said:
I mean, the KICKER is out. What will they do without the KICKER.
Hey, pal, that kicker switching teams was enough to alter the very balance of power in the AFC. Losing that kicker destroyed the dynasty in New England, and gaining him put a Colts team completely over the top, more than offsetting the loss of a top running back and two starters on defense. You see, he's not just a kicker ... he's a story-line. So losing him for a game has massive ramifications ... it may alter the storm tracks of hurricanes ...

This just in from ESPN - Freeney will play through the pain in his ass....

Del Rio is playing right into the Colts hands too - whining about the six vicious sacks on Byron last time out and the beating he took. And Byron says he's not going to flip anyone the bird but he may yell at the Colts coaches if he thinks defenders are trying to hurt him again. Maybe if Byron had learned to read defenses and throw without the windup he wouldn't be the franchise version of Rohan Davey.

CD28 said:
The only real impact player IMO that the Colts will really miss is going to be Bob Sanders. he leads the team physically and emotionally on Defense. Manning still has Harrison and Reggie Wayne, Missing Stokley won't be to much of a factor considering they can replace him with Dallas Clark in the recieving game. and Martin Gramatica should do fine replacing vinateri..

I agree that Sanders is really really good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe