PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

3 of top 5 rookies from Patriots

3 of Schrager's Top 5 Rookies are from Patriots. Great job by the front office so far this year. Hitting it out of the park it seems. We needed a good draft so badly.

I think Dugger could be in there too. As top 5 contender.

Fantastic draft. Period.

Great drafting by the Patriots. But Jones is not ROTY. That would be Ja'Marr Chase.
This'll be a tough one. However, it does kind of seem like the Bengals are trending down and the Patriots are trending up. Mac may end up winning by end of season. That said, I'd probably give the nod to Chase if the voting was held today.

Great drafting by the Patriots. But Jones is not ROTY. That would be Ja'Marr Chase.
It's a lot closer now than it was a month ago imo. I think QB's usually get the nod by default unless someone else is having a special season. Which Chase is, but his team is pulling him down I think.

This'll be a tough one. However, it does kind of seem like the Bengals are trending down and the Patriots are trending up. Mac may end up winning by end of season. That said, I'd probably give the nod to Chase if the voting was held today.
Agreed. But there is only one trophy that counts. Example : BB has twice as many SBs as a head coach than coach of the year awards. You telling me BB was ‘the best coach three times in 20+ years of unprecedented success’ ?

Give Chase and other babies the little trophy and they can wear their pretty clothes to a cute ceremony. Hug the commish if you like. I think Mac knows that wins > that BS.

Mac for sure, #1, but Rhamondre Stevenson is a Bad bad man i.m.o. Did you see the run he had which was called back for holding in Atlanta game. Doesn't he remind you of Curtis Martin first year? Man this guy hit's the brakes, shift's a gear, turns hard right and he stiff arms his way for 30+ yards. Case close, drop the mic.

That fist bump from Jones tho. I felt that! He was feeling it!

Sure fire Jags pick needs to get new tutoring ? Adds to the ‘BB isn’t nearly as bad as many posters think he is’ narrative.

Glad we have Jones, but it WOULD be interesting to see how Jones would do in such a situation.
I’m glad we have Josh McDaniels. He’s doing. Great job developing Mac. The grass is not necessarily greener.

3 of Schrager's Top 5 Rookies are from Patriots. Great job by the front office so far this year. Hitting it out of the park it seems. We needed a good draft so badly.

Nice recognition, but godly these ~breakdowns were... oof

I'm very excited about how the roster will look when we get McCourty and Hightower's massive dinosaur contracts off our books next year.

I'm very excited about how the roster will look when we get McCourty and Hightower's massive dinosaur contracts off our books next year.
If that happens, I sure hope there is a successor for DMac. I think that over the course of a season, there are keys plays that he breaks up because of his speed and knowledge. Fans on here are sometimes down on him in recent years, but I don't discount what he brings to the team.

If that happens, I sure hope there is a successor for DMac. I think that over the course of a season, there are keys plays that he breaks up because of his speed and knowledge. Fans on here are sometimes down on him in recent years, but I don't discount what he brings to the team.
I’m hoping Dugger and Phillips will both settle in and give us a solid back end for a few years. I think they’ve both got the tools to do what’s needed back there. And they’re getting the experience, learning from DMac I’m sure.

I’m hoping Dugger and Phillips will both settle in and give us a solid back end for a few years. I think they’ve both got the tools to do what’s needed back there. And they’re getting the experience, learning from DMac I’m sure.
Might be nice, but just remember Philips is also a FA this year, no guarantee he’ll be back.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back