PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

28-3 comeback meme

Status
Not open for further replies.

n6249c

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Love that this comeback has become such a meme...

Not so happy about the particular examples.

upload_2020-5-30_22-48-25.png

Attachments

• upload_2020-5-30_22-48-25.jpeg
    upload_2020-5-30_22-48-25.jpeg
    27.1 KB · Views: 6
Not happy but more than happy to share that non sense.

Cool.

Racism?

I’m on the first plane to Antarctica. Then good luck with all that bs

Those pesky stats...

upload_2020-5-31_9-33-50.png

I dont understand something.

4 years ago an unarmed guy (Daniel Shaver) was shot and killed by cops. He had a pest control business.

3 years ago an unarmed woman Justine Diamond who was a former vet and motivational speaker was shot by police as she approached their car for help.

Where were the "justice for them" protests?

4 years ago an unarmed guy (Daniel Shaver) was shot and killed by cops. He had a pest control business.

3 years ago an unarmed woman Justine Diamond who was a former vet and motivational speaker was shot by police as she approached their car for help.

Peop0le should have brought it up then, not use it now as a way to change/cloud up the current issues.

I think you make a good point, that cops need to be better trained to not kill citizens except in extreme cases. There have been some recent screw-ups in this department and I am glad it is not being swept under the rug.

Peop0le should have brought it up then, not use it now as a way to change/cloud up the current issues.

I think you make a good point, that cops need to be better trained to not kill citizens except in extreme cases. There have been some recent screw-ups in this department and I am glad it is not being swept under the rug.

Unarmed people being shot by the police isnt the current issue? I did not know that.

I guess you and I can take solace in this - Thank god the "majority" of the wonderful people in this awesome country are intelligent enough to understand that being a police officer is a very difficult job. There will be horrible mistakes made and lives will be lost. And thankfully these people will not use their outrage as an excuse to burn down their own community.

Unarmed people being shot by the police isnt the current issue? I did not know that.

I guess you and I can take solace in this - Thank god the "majority" of the wonderful people in this awesome country are intelligent enough to understand that being a police officer is a very difficult job. There will be horrible mistakes made and lives will be lost. And thankfully these people will not use their outrage as an excuse to burn down their own community.

I am sorry, I thought you were referring to events that happened in the past. My bad, yes it should be dealt with ASAP. The police are only as good as the leaders and culture of each department. Unfortunately there is a history in this country of unfair treatment of poor people. Poor people have a harder time of retaining good attorneys that lead to more charges "stickin" and all of a sudden their record is longer and then when they dragged in again they are more likely to get a prison sentence, and then when they get released they are are less likely to get a job, and then when they can't get a job they are more likely to commit a crime and end up back in prison and the cycle keeps repeating itself. Being poor is not a crime, but it can easily be a reason for people to give up and not give a flying f@$k, turn to drugs, make bad decisions, etc. There is a way out for some folks, but overall the cards are stacked against poor people. Now add skin color to the mix and the issue gets more interesting and unfortunately more heated and uncomfortable.

Also, for the record, I have a couple family members that are cops, I don't hate cops. I've often said to many of my friends that being a cop has got to be the hardest job and tough psychologically. Almost every encounter they have with people is when there is a bad situation going on, it seems like it would be hard to have a positive attitude about fellow human beings. Good cops want solutions to these problems, they are people too, but they are stuck in a situation where they have to answer for some bad eggs. Crowd control for these protests is not a desirable job assignment. Good cops need to be encouraged to be honest with their superiors to root out the bad ones.

The sociological and factual differences between those cases and these are obvious to any black kid age 10 and above. The privileges of growing up white: you can get into your 60s and "not understand" something obvious to someone who has to live with it every day.

If you truly believe people are protesting that one statistic, then you are a racist idiot. Please, keep posting things like that so we can see who you are.

It's also the definition of circular logic to use U.S. government statistics to prove that the U.S. government isn't systematically oppressing people.

If you truly believe people are protesting that one statistic, then you are a racist idiot. Please, keep posting things like that so we can see who you are.

I guess those stats are more than just pesky to you. Who knows what insults you would have thrown around had he included black on black violent crimes. Those are off the charts.

Civilian-civilian interactions are a separate issue from law enforcement-civilian interactions. It goes to figure that because ~72% of the U.S. population is white, looking at raw volume, white people will be the most killed race by all other races. In civilian-civilian interactions, whites are predominately killed by other whites and blacks and predominantly killed by other blacks; this is a basic observed fact.

Look at criminal justice statistics, look at traffic stop statistics, look at conviction rates and sentencing disparities. Look at a handcuffed black man getting casually lynched over the period of 10 minutes while begging for his life. Look at the generational wealth gap which is still lingering as a product of former racist and discriminatory practices (100-200 years is very little on a macro-historical time scale). Voting rights, Jim Crow, sharecropping, redlining ... the last slave is believed to have died in 1971, to give some perspective.

"Unjustified police brutality" is one circle, and "unjustified police brutality against black people" is a circle within that former circle ... I'd argue a disproportionately large one. No one has said that non-blacks aren't also affected by unjust police force, of course they are - but the data indicates that black people are especially affected. And beyond that, no one has said that non-blacks don't have their own struggles and challenges to face and overcome, personally and societally. "Black lives matter" -- not "black lives matter more than yours".

If you want to find rioters unjustly destroying property, you can find that. If you want to find LEOs unjustly using force and assaulting civilians, you can find that. Of course there will be opportunistic people who take advantage of the protests to cause destruction and harm; of course there will be individuals who conduct themselves inappropriately. So you can choose to focus on that relatively small percentage of opportunists, or you can take a step back and evaluate the event(s) that led to these protests and listen to what the protesters are pleading for.

I think it's fair for us to reevaluate what role we want LEOs to play in the communities they serve. I won't say much more beyond that, but asking ourselves how we want public servants being paid with our tax dollars to interact with the communities and people they serve is a perfectly legitimate question. For instance, there's data indicating that a relatively low percentage of LEOs live in the respective communities they serve; is this something that is worth talking about? (And as a caveat, I understand that policing is an inherently dangerous job, especially given the proliferation of firearms in the U.S., so the community cannot fully dictate police protocols/procedures - but a discourse about better aligning community and LEO priorities is absolutely a conversation worth having, along with discussions about LEO responsibility and accountability).

And that's not say there aren't good cops who do their job ethically and for the right reasons; and that's also not to say there aren't cultural issues with inner-city, poor, black communities related to gangs, crime and violence -- it's a massively complex cultural/societal mosaic with so many variables and inputs that need to be addressed -- but black communities have deserved so much better on so many fronts for a very long time.

(Ignoring the modern vehicle), if you were shown the photo below in a high-school history class, would you think it is from 2020 or 1920?

8eae6262e5.png
?

Last edited:
I guess those stats are more than just pesky to you. Who knows what insults you would have thrown around had he included black on black violent crimes. Those are off the charts.
So you’re ok with the disproportionate killing of minority citizens by cops?

Those didn’t happen when there was 40% unemployment nationally (wonder what it is in communities of color?), in the midst of a pandemic that disproportionately kills people of color, with a racist egotist who bungled the pandemic response running the country.

Does that aid your understanding?

So you’re ok with the disproportionate killing of minority citizens by cops?

When you say minorities do you mean black?

Are you ok with killing more white citizens?

When you say minorities do you mean black?

Are you ok with killing more white citizens?
That’s one way to make it proportionate.

Not killing citizens is another.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye