PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2020 Patriot-Type Players

What if bb took chinn at 23 as a 2021 replacement for Chung , who is almost at his expiration date

chinn can play in all three levels of a defense and makes plays everywhere. He needs a red shirt year but could be super in our defense after that,

What if bb took chinn at 23 as a 2021 replacement for Chung , who is almost at his expiration date

chinn can play in all three levels of a defense and makes plays everywhere. He needs a red shirt year but could be super in our defense after that,
I also really like Chinn as a Chung replacement...but 23's too early for my taste...don't even know if I'd take him if we acquired a 2nd/early 3rd, but that might also depend on whom we take ahead of him...I'm hoping he lasts somehow to 87...Unfortunately, he'll probably wind up being one of those guys who'll be taken between our picks...

This is why I want those 2nd round picks!

With
I also really like Chinn as a Chung replacement...but 23's too early for my taste...don't even know if I'd take him if we acquired a 2nd/early 3rd, but that might also depend on whom we take ahead of him...I'm hoping he lasts somehow to 87...Unfortunately, he'll probably wind up being one of those guys who'll be taken between our picks...
This is why I want those 2nd rounders from Chicago. With our 3rds we could easily move up and down 40-100. Hopefully get 2-3 solid players.

Or those Cinci picks 33 and 65.

This is why I want those 2nd rounders from Chicago. With our 3rds we could easily move up and down 40-100. Hopefully get 2-3 solid players.

Maybe Bill could do a couple of small trade-downs first, just 2-3 spots each, to give him 7 picks within the first 4 rounds, plenty of ammunition to move where he wants during Day 2 and to target guys he (and I pray we too) likes.

Could someone educate me please.....

A team drafts a player , is the team then obligated to give the player a contract or can the team decide he is not what we thought and release the player....I would assume the player would be protected in some way?..

A team drafts a player , is the team then obligated to give the player a contract or can the team decide he is not what we thought and release the player....I would assume the player would be protected in some way?..

I believe as long as the player didn’t sign a contract, the team could renounce his rights with no obligations.

Stryker Sulak (Raiders, 2009) and Raheem Brock (Eagles, 2002) are two examples of draft picks that were never signed by the team that drafted them.

Stryker Sulak (Raiders, 2009) and Raheem Brock (Eagles, 2002) are two examples of draft picks that were never signed by the team that drafted them.
Christian Peter

This is why I want those 2nd round picks!

With

I'm desperate for us to trade back from 23 into the second round, but I don't think Chicago is a likely trade partner. They have no 1st, 3rd or 4th round pick, so if anything, they should be trading back themselves.

I'm a little nervous that we won't have any takers to get us into the 2nd. I don't see much that makes sense for other teams.

I'm desperate for us to trade back from 23 into the second round, but I don't think Chicago is a likely trade partner. They have no 1st, 3rd or 4th round pick, so if anything, they should be trading back themselves.

I'm a little nervous that we won't have any takers to get us into the 2nd. I don't see much that makes sense for other teams.
I hear ya. Check the thread on main. I think I laid out 5-6 teams that could/might work.

Cinci is one. They only have one 3rd. One 4th & 5th I believe.

Maybe 23/87/100/125 for 33/65?
Young team that might want to add another 1st besides on JB? Get more shots at the board in the 3rd/4th rounds?

I think they're my fav choice? First pick in the 2nd round, we'll have a ton of great options. Then we can try to get back into late 2nd with 65/98/7th.

I'll look into more again when I have some time.

Cincy could make sense given that they would be wise to invest in a OT with first round talent to protect Burrows.

I suspect that there are teams that would trade their 2nd plus a 2021 pick.

Alternatively, we might trade down for a 2nd and a 3rd.

On the flip side, I think there will be more teams looking to trade up than trade down (and remember that if there's an imbalance, the team looking to make the trade usually gives up more than they get).

I wanted to see how well I've done regarding PTP & the our drafts, so I started going through some old PTP stuff and found this ...

Uche, Dugger, Unwenu, Keene, Asiasi
5/10

Winovich, Harris, Froholdt, Stidham
4/9

Wynn, Sony, Dawson, Berrios, Sam, Crossen
6/9

UDFA
Myles Bryant, De'Jon Harris, Lewerke

2018 PATRIOT-TYPE PLAYERS.xlsx

2019 is on 1st page on my thread that year. It's here fairly close to page 1, top of 2. I'll link it soon.

2020 NEP Big Board.xlsx

18 players in total, 15/28 drafted!!!! Again all documented.

I won't take credit bc I can't find a list but believe it or not I had Rivers, Garcia & McDermott as PTP going into that draft. Wise was definitely on my radar but I honestly didn't label him for some reason. @reamer & others did though. Same for Harry. Staring me in the face for years but I didn't pull the PTP trigger on him even though he fit the mold.

Just thought it was cool, 15/28 players that were drafted and 3 udfa.

I wanted to see how well I've done regarding PTP & the our drafts, so I started going through some old PTP stuff and found this ...

Uche, Dugger, Unwenu, Keene, Asiasi
5/10

Winovich, Harris, Froholdt, Stidham
4/9

Wynn, Sony, Dawson, Berrios, Sam, Crossen
6/9

UDFA
Myles Bryant, De'Jon Harris, Lewerke

2018 PATRIOT-TYPE PLAYERS.xlsx

2019 is on 1st page on my thread that year. It's here fairly close to page 1, top of 2. I'll link it soon.

2020 NEP Big Board.xlsx

18 players in total, 15/28 drafted!!!! Again all documented.

I won't take credit bc I can't find a list but believe it or not I had Rivers, Garcia & McDermott as PTP going into that draft. Wise was definitely on my radar but I honestly didn't label him for some reason. @reamer & others did though. Same for Harry. Staring me in the face for years but I didn't pull the PTP trigger on him even though he fit the mold.

Just thought it was cool, 15/28 players that were drafted and 3 udfa.
Well done with the prognostications...though I don't know how I'd feel about matching Billy on the bolded names, however...

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back