PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2019 Playoffs Seeding - unexpected outlook

I love winning the AFC East.

I still remember when we didn't consider the AFCE a birthright....

I did not expected to see Pittsburgh in the hunt...
Impressive 5-4

The texans vs ravens will be at 1 so we will know early if the ravens won or lost. This team needs to just focus on bouncing back and beating the iggles.

I understand that some people like the idea of celebrating a division "title" even if it only means that the team beat out 3 of 15 other teams. I'm not one of those and never have been.
I didn't expect to change your mind, just wanted to present my perspective. I don't think the format is going away anytime soon, BTW. It keeps too many viewers (AKA consumers of products sold by sponsors) engaged.

I understand those who value divisions and "rivalries". For me personally, I don't. My take is that North American pro sports spams this concept too much. In the UEFA Champions League from the QFs onwards you could play any club. In any top flight association football (soccer) league across the pond, you get 1 home and away match in league play against each team, no more, no less. You don't see Manchester United and Liverpool playing each other more because they're traditional rivals. To me, its called a league for a reason. But it is what it is.
Very reasonable argument that makes a lot of sense for a League, however intense some individual rivalries may be, that spans multiple countries, languages and cultures.

The US is far more region-focused, as a Republic of 50 states that have ended up grouped together informally into multiple subgroups/communities that sometimes defy geographic proximity. But, it's who and what we are. The EU, trying to impose a similar structure on the continent, has in general, has been a failure, especially economically and now with a dangerous fragility exposed by immigration patterns and pressures.

The NFL is on track to generate over $25 billion, if it hasn't already reached that point. The concept and reality of regional or other rivalries within and across state lines makes sense here.

I dont think the Ravens will run the table. Any week right? They are legit, but I also think our defense is legit and we just hit a bump in the road.

We will get back on track against the eagles.

I didn't expect to change your mind, just wanted to present my perspective. I don't think the format is going away anytime soon, BTW. It keeps too many viewers (AKA consumers of products sold by sponsors) engaged.

I hope I didn't come across as too argumentative. I agree that it isn't going to change, but I like to complain about it now and then, especially in a year like this when there's such a weak division (NFCE).

And speaking of changing minds. I was walking down the street the other day and I saw a young kid picking his nose. The kid had his finger so far up his nose that I thought he was trying to change his mind manually.

I dont think the Ravens will run the table. Any week right? They are legit, but I also think our defense is legit and we just hit a bump in the road.

We will get back on track against the eagles.

They have the Texans, Rams, 49ers, and Steelers left...they should lose at least 1 game. Unfortunately, I see them beating houston, LAR, and SF...it may come down to that steeler game in the last week of the season. But it won't matter if we take care of business from here on out...

I hope I didn't come across as too argumentative. I agree that it isn't going to change, but I like to complain about it now and then, especially in a year like this when there's such a weak division (NFCE).

And speaking of changing minds. I was walking down the street the other day and I saw a young kid picking his nose. The kid had his finger so far up his nose that I thought he was trying to change his mind manually.
Got it.

Sure, the NFCE is a "weak division" with Philly and Dallas at "the top" and the hapless Giants and Redskins at the bottom; but the AFCE ain't all that much better with the Jests and Fins racing to the bottom behind the Pats and Bills at the top. Buffalo got off to a strong start, but is probably destined to come down to earth soon. The divisions are playing each other this year.

And, BTW, the SOS for the Eagles opponents to date is 38--44--1 (0.458); for the 'Boys, it's 36--49 (0.424). The Pats opponents have gone 30--52 (0.366). I think the only fair conclusion we can draw from the above is that all three teams "have a lot of football left to be played."

Got it.

Sure, the NFCE is a "weak division" with Philly and Dallas at "the top" and the hapless Giants and Redskins at the bottom; but the AFCE ain't all that much better with the Jests and Fins racing to the bottom behind the Pats and Bills at the top. Buffalo got off to a strong start, but is probably destined to come down to earth soon. The divisions are playing each other this year.

And, BTW, the SOS for the Eagles opponents to date is 38--44--1 (0.458); for the 'Boys, it's 36--49 (0.424). The Pats opponents have gone 30--52 (0.366). I think the only fair conclusion we can draw from the above is that all three teams "have a lot of football left to be played."
Well, given that the Pats are 8-1 I would expect their opponents to have a worse record

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back