PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2019 College football season thread

Arguably the biggest game of the year so far? Idk I might be reaching but I'm feigning for some big games.

Idk I kinda like Florida at their place rn. Homecoming game. Wish it was at night.
I’m going. We will get a couple of pieces back on defense but they have had some issues stopping the run all year. On offense, I have doubts our ground game will be able to get going. Brown is a stud. Turnovers will be the difference. Hopefully Grantham can force Nix into a couple of them.

Should be a great game. I don't really have any rooting interest, so I'll just enjoy it regardless of how it goes.
If you don’t have a rooting interest, you might as well root for the Gators.

Clemson in a dog fight against UNC.

Excellent instincts, Greenard!

I’m going. We will get a couple of pieces back on defense but they have had some issues stopping the run all year. On offense, I have doubts our ground game will be able to get going. Brown is a stud. Turnovers will be the difference. Hopefully Grantham can force Nix into a couple of them.
That's awesome. I need to go to a big game someday but would have to fly a few hundred miles to see one lol.

Toney should be back as well although he's hit/miss, more miss. Wish he developed a bit more.

Yea it's on Franks as usually. I'm thinking we see some points though?

That's awesome. I need to go to a big game someday but would have to fly a few hundred miles to see one lol.

Toney should be back as well although he's hit/miss, more miss. Wish he developed a bit more.

Yea it's on Franks as usually. I'm thinking we see some points though?
Franks is done for the year. I actually like our chances better with Trask. I’m thinking no on the points. Maybe something like 24/20 or 27/17.

Franks is done for the year. I actually like our chances better with Trask. I’m thinking no on the points. Maybe something like 24/20 or 27/17.
Literally reading abt Franks as I was writing.
Trask made a few good decisions early on when he took over that made me feel comfortable abt him going foward.

He seems to understand he has to let others win wout the nervous urgency of Frank's. 3 plays that stood out were a checkdown, pitch to RB & the way he scans the field. Again wout the jitters or uneasiness of FF.

I think it's a high 20's game for w/e reason.

Bamas WRs always lift the ball up & away at times when high pointing. Unbelievable mental toughness in the most difficult of catches.

Will be writing abt Tua soon. So impressive. Not sure what else you'd want from a young QB. So impressed watching him over the years. There really anything he doesn't do well. Will have it in the QB thread tonight.

I wasn’t sure how good Ohio state would be this year. They were loaded with talent Last year but were unimpressive. This year they returned 9 starters on D and they look like a totally different unit. This is one of the top 4 teams in the country. They could be the best team TBH. I think they are better than LSU at this point. Maybe better than Clemson too. Not ready to say they are better than Bama or Georgia yet.

@KontradictioN

Oh what to do with the auburn Florida game. I can’t wait to watch. I want to bet it. Im leaning Auburn but I just don’t know. What if the Florida D really shows up. It’s Nix’s first true road test and Florida has the extra week.

@KontradictioN

Oh what to do with the auburn Florida game. I can’t wait to watch. I want to bet it. Im leaning Auburn but I just don’t know. What if the Florida D really shows up. It’s Nix’s first true road test and Florida has the extra week.
I’d bet Auburn but it will be close. I just think their ground game and DL put them over the top. Henderson should be back and we should have close to a full compliment on defense. I think Nix will struggle.

I’d bet Auburn but it will be close. I just think their ground game and DL put them over the top. Henderson should be back and we should have close to a full compliment on defense. I think Nix will struggle.

I feel like Florida could live in their backfield. But auburn might live in Florida’s backfield too

I feel like Florida could live in their backfield. But auburn might live in Florida’s backfield too
I’d love for the Gators to smack him around a bit. Anyone man who is given, and actually accepts, the name “Bo” should be hit as hard as possible as often as possible. Name is absurd.

I’d love for the Gators to smack him around a bit. Anyone man who is given, and actually accepts, the name “Bo” should be hit as hard as possible as often as possible. Name is absurd.

I actually used Florida +3.5(bought a half) in my If bet. I would need 3 other games to hit first, but that is kind of the point.

I feel like Florida is certainly good to win if they bring their A game, even if auburn does too

I actually used Florida +3.5(bought a half) in my If bet. I would need 3 other games to hit first, but that is kind of the point.

I feel like Florida is certainly good to win if they bring their A game, even if auburn does too
Absolutely. But we are dropping one of the next two games. If we beat Auburn, LSU will take us out next week.

Absolutely. But we are dropping one of the next two games. If we beat Auburn, LSU will take us out next week.

We'll see, the LSU defense has not been as good as I expected them to be. I am interested to see how Utah State moves the ball against them

Bo (LMFAO) Nix has the 121st rated passer rating when pressured.

[Todd Grantham likes this]

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back