PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2018-19 Stanley Cup - Bruins vs Blues

beard-you-stay-classy-st-a-louis-st-louis-fans-18148332.png
It's midnight and bedtime for me. You just gave me a f*cking nightmare.

Thanks.

And yes I know we’re up against it this round. I’m not blind, I can see that you guys are the faster more skilled team with the hottest net minder to go along with it. Would I like to see the upset? Of course but win or lose I’m still going to enjoy this playoff ride and look back at this squad as the best the city’s ever had. I mean in January we were squarely in the Jack Hughes sweepstakes with the lowest point total in the league so to even be here is crazy.

Blues could even the score tonight. Pretty much do or die for them because heading back to Boston down 3 - 1 is basically blood in the water for the Bruins.

The goalies have been the story. You dont see Boston trying to rough up the STL net tenders.The Bruins have made mistakes and gotten sloppy and Rask has saved the day.

It is still a series. Boston got a good start last night and it snowballed a bit. St Louis has to stay out of the box. It was “over” after game 1, then serious concern after game 2, now it is “over” again. I do think this next game is essentially do or die for the Blues though.

I don’t believe that the people who thought it was over after game one watch much hockey, if they did they would have realized just how precarious any series is. The Bruins have the upper hand and clearly look like the better team but if the goalie performances flipped it would be the other way around, and that happens pretty frequently. Example, Bobrovski in the Tampa series, 3 goals in the 1st period of game 1, then he stonewalled them the rest of the way while the Lightning faltered. The Blues are a good team but Boston is a bad match up for them, as they are more skilled across the board, but still have the size and toughness to play and withstand a really physical team. Sweeney has built a team that can play with the speed and skill teams and with the big physical teams. Toronto was actually the worst match up they faced, and that’s because they are flat out loaded offensively.

Game 4 is always the most important game of the series. I expect the refs will try to balance the penalties tonight. So the Bs better play disciplined or this will be a Blues blowout win.

Question on scheduling. Has there alwsys been this many off days for playoff series? Its been a while since I watched hockey. I dont remember these series going so long into June.

Full sleeve, thick bush, piping a cig. Looks like an alpha male to me.
Nah, the tattoo placements shout "unemployable." Probably subsists on public aid.

He’s got his numbers tagged from the blue line huh. Hahaha. Laughable insight there. He’s timing his check as Gryz is rounding the back of the rink. Look at your first picture. The numbers you speak of aren’t at Sunny’s 12 o’clock. There at his 8-9, right as gryz is losing balance. Try stopping on a dime at Sunny’s position as gryz’s body shift exposing his numbers. Momentum doesn’t work that way.
DOPS clearly didn't think it was laughable. Please don't try to blame physics for Sunny's careless hit. You don't hit a guy into the boards like that. He came in at a high rate of speed, altered his course to Gryz's, and checked him violently into the boards using his elbow/shoulder right to the back of the neck/head when all he's seen is numbers the whole way. It's the definition of boarding and it's not debatable.

Just accept defeat on your position, and the fate of your Blues. Here's to hoping your slimeball team doesn't keep up with the bs cheap shots to injure and running our goalie crap. Maybe if they focused a little bit on hockey and a little less on injuring, they might be able to score a few more goals.

Game 4 is always the most important game of the series. I expect the refs will try to balance the penalties tonight. So the Bs better play disciplined or this will be a Blues blowout win.

Question on scheduling. Has there alwsys been this many off days for playoff series? Its been a while since I watched hockey. I dont remember these series going so long into June.
For the past 20 years from what I can remember the Stanley Cup Finals has always gone into the first 2 weeks of June and slightly beyond if it is a 6-7 game series.

Too bad the Blues PowerPlay is one of the worst of all-time. They're awful.

Also, what a garbage take on "balancing the penalties." The Blues could have about 15 penalties a game the way they play. Constant clutching & grabbing to prevent zone entry/forecheck, hits to the head, cross checking constantly, and running our goalie.

Also, the Blues had more powerplays than the Bruins in game 3 so your point doesn't make sense in a lot of ways.

This is the only formula for the Blues to have a chance at winning another game all series:
1) stop playing like a bunch of undisciplined shmucks to avoid putting their garbage PK/Bruins dominant PP on the ice
2) decline every Bruins penalty bc their pp is even worse than garbage

It does. For example Bruins beat the Canucks right before Fathers Day in 2011 and in 2013 the Bs lost G6 to the Hawks on 6/24 the day before my kids got out of school as they stayed up late to watch the game

Let’s just agree the blue line comment was rediculous. He’s not going to lock onto the players back that far away as the player is circling around the back of the rink.

IMO a 4 min double minor would be an in between if you decide it’s worth more than 2 min but less than the 5 min major. Based on what I saw, I think 2 was the acceptable call. I could even see the 4 min double minor but I think I’ve made my feelings known about a 5 min major or suspension.
The guy who keeps on calling takes "rediculous" is the same guy who just said a boarding could result in a double minor? Case in point how you don't know the game. There is no such thing as a "double minor" for boarding.

Maybe take the chirping and misguided haughtiness down a bit when it's clear your hockey sense isn't as strong as you claim it to be.

DOPS clearly didn't think it was laughable. Please don't try to blame physics for Sunny's careless hit. You don't hit a guy into the boards like that. He came in at a high rate of speed, altered his course to Gryz's, and checked him violently into the boards using his elbow/shoulder right to the back of the neck/head when all he's seen is numbers the whole way. It's the definition of boarding and it's not debatable.

Just accept defeat on your position, and the fate of your Blues. Here's to hoping your slimeball team doesn't keep up with the bs cheap shots to injure and running our goalie crap. Maybe if they focused a little bit on hockey and a little less on injuring, they might be able to score a few more goals.

what's more evident is the the blues intent.......they know they can't skate with the bruins so they hit and then send coach in to complain about the refereeing in game 3 even though the B's had more penalties in the game.

I believe the Bruins were half asleep in game 2 and that it is faulty logic to assume that the blues can just repeat game 2 in game 4......if the bruins show up to play and work to get the puck moving behind their own net, the blue simply can't skate with them.

3E952732-BD74-417B-9F62-4883C4F78F01.png
The guy who keeps on calling takes "rediculous" is the same guy who just said a boarding could result in a double minor? Case in point how you don't know the game. There is no such thing as a "double minor" for boarding.

Maybe take the chirping and misguided haughtiness down a bit when it's clear your hockey sense isn't as strong as you claim it to be.

Brewskies asked what could the NHL do as a middle marker for a 2 min penalty and a 5 min major. I brought up the 4 min double minor as something the league could look at in the future.

I haven’t called all takes on this call rediculous, just your “blue line” take. Because it was.

Never said I was the guys who’s all things Hockey on this board but it doesn’t take a hockey know it all when Gryz is moving from Sunny’s 10 to 12 in an arc and then changes his position due to losing balance he’s not going to have his numbers from the blue line. Just look at your first picture, you draw a line from Sunny’s eyes to Gryz it’s on his shoulder not his numbers, which aren’t exposed until it’s too late. But whatever, no need to go back and forth I have my opinion and you have yours. Nothings going to change.

Last edited:
Blues could even the score tonight. Pretty much do or die for them because heading back to Boston down 3 - 1 is basically blood in the water for the Bruins.

The goalies have been the story. You dont see Boston trying to rough up the STL net tenders.The Bruins have made mistakes and gotten sloppy and Rask has saved the day.

Must win tonight for sure.

I’m not a hockey fan at all but I would really like the Bruins to close it out in Boston so tonight is basically a must win.

I’m not a hockey fan at all but I would really like the Bruins to close it out in Boston so tonight is basically a must win.

Can still close it out in 7.

I know but would anyone be comfortable with a game 7?

More comfortable than I would be losing in 6 but nowhere near as comfortable as I'd be winning in 5 ;)

There's no game but the next one and regaining momentum in hockey is never more than a shift change away

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back