PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2014 Draft: General Chat

CelticPatriot

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
This draft should be really exciting at the top of the first round (unlike the last few years)

So many good players and there isn't really a true number 1 pick yet. It could be Clowney if Atlanta finish last, or Bridgewater if the Jags do. Also seems to be a lot of depth at QB.

Should be good.

Albert Breer is saying that scouts really like McCarron and that he could be the first QB taken. I just don't see it personally. McCarron is a game manager at best. There's no way I take him ahead of Bridgewater and Derek Carr. I could see him going as the #3 QB though.

Just one extra thought. Imagine if the Browns wanted to trade both their first round picks to go get Bridgewater and did so with the Rams who hold the redskins pick. The Rams could end up with THREE first round picks :eek: . Talk about potential for turning a franchise around. In fact, if I was the rams GM in that situation, I'd probably trade most of my other picks and try to get back into the first ( or high second) for a fourth premium pick and really build the roster.

So here's a question. You are the rams. You have four top 40 picks but no other picks until maybe very late. Who do you draft to potentially turn your franchise into one of the best in the NFL?

I'd go Hageman-Evans-Ebron-Kyle Fuller.

Albert Breer is saying that scouts really like McCarron and that he could be the first QB taken. I just don't see it personally. McCarron is a game manager at best. There's no way I take him ahead of Bridgewater and Derek Carr. I could see him going as the #3 QB though.
"Derek Carr" - speaking of game managers.

I expect Bridgewater will be the top QB. After that it's slop IMO. I heard Mariota is more likely to stay than leave Oregon but even if he comes out, he's a high upside player who is not close to being an NFL QB. I'm an Oregon fan, I love the guy, but he's not close to ready. I wouldn't touch him in the top ten. Manziel ? No thanks. Carr (again, talking top half of first round) ? No thanks.

So here's a question. You are the rams. You have four top 40 picks but no other picks until maybe very late. Who do you draft to potentially turn your franchise into one of the best in the NFL?

I'd go Hageman-Evans-Ebron-Kyle Fuller.
They just spent a fortune on Cook, I don't think Ebron is a good fit. They still need OL (although Fisher has never drafted a 1st round OL), a stud WR, a Safety and at least one CB. Then there's QB where the mediocre and brittle Bradford is owed about $30M unguaranteed the next two years. I know they've verbally committed to him but I think it's a mistake.

McCarron will be the best QB from this draft.

I still can't quite put my finger on why but he reminds me a lot of a very young Brady, now I'm not saying he will end up being as good as TFB but he's the QB I'd want from this draft if I were the GM of a QB needy team.

Bridgewater will be a good QB too and Garoppolo will be an interesting prospect.

McCarron will be the best QB from this draft.

I still can't quite put my finger on why but he reminds me a lot of a very young Brady, now I'm not saying he will end up being as good as TFB but he's the QB I'd want from this draft if I were the GM of a QB needy team.

Bridgewater will be a good QB too and Garoppolo will be an interesting prospect.

Problem with Mccarron is his pocket is too good. How does he do when the pocket breaks down and chaos results? Does he get flusterred? Alabama line give him more time than the NFL will.

Problem with Mccarron is his pocket is too good. How does he do when the pocket breaks down and chaos results? Does he get flusterred? Alabama line give him more time than the NFL will.

More then the 5-6 sec Brady have in Pats pocket? But if thats the knock on McCarron, then plz makeing sure ppl beleave hes that bad under pressure...

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
Back