PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2012 Draft 3rd Round

I Augustus

On the Game Day Roster
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
2022 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Yesterday,while cleaning my garage I found my hand written notes regarding 2012 NFL Draft.
It relates to 3rd round I watched on TV with Mike Mayock and Rich Eisen. Their thoughts are in parenthesis.

#64 Colts Dwayne Allen (second TE selected by Colts! Wow! Are Colts Trying to duplicate Pat's 2 TE set?)
#65 Rams Trumaine Johnson CB ( Jeff Fisher's son played in Montana.This pick could be influenced by inside info.)
#66 Minesota moves 20 spots , trades #3 and #4 and selects Josh Robinson DB ( great movement skills , this move leads to speculation about possible run on DB's )
#67 Denver Ronnie Hillman RB (change of pace RB)
#68 Texans DeVier Posey WR (nice size)
#69 Buffalo TJ Graham WR (7th round quickness,kick return guy). OT Bobbie Massie was expected to be taken at this spot.
#70 Jacksonville Bryan Anger P ( highest picked punter since'95 ,selection met with laughter "punters are players,too".Next punter was taken 207 overall by Carolina,4 others made teams as UFA's.
#71 Washington Josh LeRibeus G (tough guy with short arms, good strength at the point of attack )
#72 Miami (have not won a playoff game since 2000 ). Olivier Vernon DE ( underclassmen ,off field issues ,solid 34 DE )
#73 San Diego Brandon Taylor S ( good run supporter but man to man coverage is a weakness )
#74 Kansas City Donald Stephenson LT (very talented developmental LT )
#75 Seattle Russell Wilson QB ( 30-20 as a starter,short but quick )
#76 Texans Brandon Brooks G ( no combine invitee )
#77 New Jersey Jets DeMario Davis LB ( everybody expected OT or S to be selected at this point but Jets selected undersized LB,special teams demon )
#78 Miami Michael Egnew TE ( no surprise here,they needed WR on outside or TE )
#79 Chicago Brandon Hardin S ( big hitter,missed 2011 season with shoulder injury )
#80 Arizona Jamell Fleming CB (can play zone ,core ST player )
#81 Dallas Tyrone Crawford DE (5 tech player )
#82 Tennessee Mike Martin DT ( explosive 3 tech Nose Tackle ,they have to stop the run against Houston )
#83 Cincinnati Mohammed Sanu WR ( knock on him he couldn't separate ). So true!
# 84 Baltimore Bernard Pierce RB ( big back 6'0" 218 lbs , also ST player )
#85 Detroit Dwight Bentley CB ( quick and feisty , return skills )
#86 Atlanta Sean Spence LB ( one of the most instictive line backers in this draft,smart )
#87 Cleveland John Hughes DT ( solid collegiate season )
#88 Philadelphia Nick Foles QB ( 6'5" 243 lbs , heavy footed in the packet )
#89 New Orleans Akiem Hicks DT ( Regina Rams,Canada ,huge man with big arms )
#90 New England ( 9 strait seasons with 10 plus wins , they think DE/OT/RB selection )
Jake Bequette DE ( versatility,intelligence ), At this point I turned TV off.

If you turned the TV off 5 minutes earlier ...

Yesterday,while cleaning my garage I found my hand written notes regarding 2012 NFL Draft.
It relates to 3rd round I watched on TV with Mike Mayock and Rich Eisen. Their thoughts are in parenthesis.

#64 Colts Dwayne Allen (second TE selected by Colts! Wow! Are Colts Trying to duplicate Pat's 2 TE set?)
#65 Rams Trumaine Johnson CB ( Jeff Fisher's son played in Montana.This pick could be influenced by inside info.)
#66 Minesota moves 20 spots , trades #3 and #4 and selects Josh Robinson DB ( great movement skills , this move leads to speculation about possible run on DB's )
#67 Denver Ronnie Hillman RB (change of pace RB)
#68 Texans DeVier Posey WR (nice size)
#69 Buffalo TJ Graham WR (7th round quickness,kick return guy). OT Bobbie Massie was expected to be taken at this spot.
#70 Jacksonville Bryan Anger P ( highest picked punter since'95 ,selection met with laughter "punters are players,too".Next punter was taken 207 overall by Carolina,4 others made teams as UFA's.
#71 Washington Josh LeRibeus G (tough guy with short arms, good strength at the point of attack )
#72 Miami (have not won a playoff game since 2000 ). Olivier Vernon DE ( underclassmen ,off field issues ,solid 34 DE )
#73 San Diego Brandon Taylor S ( good run supporter but man to man coverage is a weakness )
#74 Kansas City Donald Stephenson LT (very talented developmental LT )
#75 Seattle Russell Wilson QB ( 30-20 as a starter,short but quick )
#76 Texans Brandon Brooks G ( no combine invitee )
#77 New Jersey Jets DeMario Davis LB ( everybody expected OT or S to be selected at this point but Jets selected undersized LB,special teams demon )
#78 Miami Michael Egnew TE ( no surprise here,they needed WR on outside or TE )
#79 Chicago Brandon Hardin S ( big hitter,missed 2011 season with shoulder injury )
#80 Arizona Jamell Fleming CB (can play zone ,core ST player )
#81 Dallas Tyrone Crawford DE (5 tech player )
#82 Tennessee Mike Martin DT ( explosive 3 tech Nose Tackle ,they have to stop the run against Houston )
#83 Cincinnati Mohammed Sanu WR ( knock on him he couldn't separate ). So true!
# 84 Baltimore Bernard Pierce RB ( big back 6'0" 218 lbs , also ST player )
#85 Detroit Dwight Bentley CB ( quick and feisty , return skills )
#86 Atlanta Sean Spence LB ( one of the most instictive line backers in this draft,smart )
#87 Cleveland John Hughes DT ( solid collegiate season )
#88 Philadelphia Nick Foles QB ( 6'5" 243 lbs , heavy footed in the packet )
#89 New Orleans Akiem Hicks DT ( Regina Rams,Canada ,huge man with big arms )
#90 New England ( 9 strait seasons with 10 plus wins , they think DE/OT/RB selection )
Jake Bequette DE ( versatility,intelligence ), At this point I turned TV off.
Cool to see and think back...I keep my Draft notes and have since 2013 when I started taking this somewhat seriously

Interesting note on Davis, I find that strong STers can at least be competitive in the back 7, specifically at LB and S

Also, never realized/forgot that Hicks is from a Canadian school

Believe Bequette is a Marine now, which is incredible

The 2012 and 2013 hauls really put this team in a position to compete for a good while (Hightower, Jones, Collins, Ryan, Harmon), hopefully 2019 and 2020 can replicate that for NE, 2019 still offers tons of promise

The 2012 and 2013 hauls really put this team in a position to compete for a good while (Hightower, Jones, Collins, Ryan, Harmon), hopefully 2019 and 2020 can replicate that for NE, 2019 still offers tons of promise
Just think how impressive those hauls would've been if Bill didn't keep trying to prove that he was the smartest guy in the room by reaching for garbage such as the Error Repeater & Jake the Fake (and a couple of pennies-on-the-dollar trade-downs) in 2012; and Aaron Dropson & Josh Boyce in 2013 (and of course the foolish, star-struck trades for OchoStinko & Fat Albert that killed our depth in both of those drafts)...

Last edited:
Jake Bequette is a first lieutenant with the US army and is stationed at Ft Campbell. He did it the hard way, too.

Jake Bequette - Wikipedia

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back