PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

1st round mock: Final edition

Love Jaire Alexander, less sure about Davenport a) falling that far and B) whether he’s a risk. Can’t odds the potential value there, particularly in this class.

Da-Ron Payne is someone that’s interesting me for the Pats though if he falls. If they don’t pick up Brown’s 5th year option, that could be something worth watching. I think Payne provides a good combination of penetration nd run defense - I’m never sure about the Bryan/Hurst type 3-techs whose speciality is to play the 1-gap but are perhaps a little more limited as 2-gappers. I can see Payne providing more balance for what B.B. likes from a DT.

For me, if it's a choice between Reid and Davenport at #31, I'm going with Reid.

I'd be pretty bummed if this is how the drafts falls to us. I'm hopeful of Rosen sliding into the 8-12 range and/or Lamar Jackson being there at 23. I love Alexander but not so keen on Davenport. I'd probably trade down from 31 if it happened this way. Hopefully a team wants to come up to get Rudolph. I'm pretty confident the Pats go some variation on QB/LB/OT/S in the first round.

I'm also hoping that Harrison is there for us at 31, but ideally 43.

Given that Brady's agent says TB wants to play a few more years..( For what that's worth) does BB really spend high draft capital on his replacement this year? Unless one of the top 5 QB's that he covets drops near 23 I think he goes with BPA on his board.......of course he could always trade back a few to gain another pick in a round where he has none.....

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back