PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Zay Flowers to NE “worst kept secret in the league”

Is that you bill, you seem offended by something intended as humour. I didn't think of rutgers or lacross, but ill work on it
341359582_764641228556281_2184737350822079593_n.jpg

If it is stated “worst kept secret” then it is a smokescreen.
There is no franchise more secretive. When alleged information comes out from the Patriots it is for a reason. But most of the time it is deceptive

If I understand some of the posters, the slot is SO important that they want to have a 5'9" slot to complete our set of the THREE slot receivers (including Juju and Bourne).

They want a slot receiver so much that they would rather draft a 3rd slot receiver than draft one of the 4 OT's or 3 CB's. They would rather draft s slot receiver than trading down and picking up 2 or 3 additional contributors like we did last year.

After all last year, we had 21 and ended up with a starting OG, 2 backup CB's, a top punt returner and a 2023 3rd. And yes, I have to remind myself just how bad Belichick is at drafting CB's. IMO, we did fine with Jones and Jones. Marcus was an especially fine pick.
============
and finally, if we are intent on drafting a WR, why wouldn't we draft JXN?

You really thought i was serious? than you have issues. Even pats go for 4 knew i wasn't serious. Apparently i have to put a big fat
1681776431610.jpeg Just for you

BB will trade down and take a db that nobody ever heard about from a division three school, that won't play. He'll then take up a roster spot for years (before eventually being cut), like he has pictures of belichick doing something naughty. ALA jake bequette
I really liked the Jake Bequette pick at the time. Scored off the charts and he played really well at Arkansas. Lesson learned, just because a player can jump out of a building doesn’t mean it always translates to success. Felt the same about Connor Barwin. Still would of liked to see what BB could of done for that guy.

If I understand some of the posters, the slot is SO important that they want to have a 5'9" slot to complete our set of the THREE slot receivers (including Juju and Bourne).

They want a slot receiver so much that they would rather draft a 3rd slot receiver than draft one of the 4 OT's or 3 CB's. They would rather draft s slot receiver than trading down and picking up 2 or 3 additional contributors like we did last year.

After all last year, we had 21 and ended up with a starting OG, 2 backup CB's, a top punt returner and a 2023 3rd. And yes, I have to remind myself just how bad Belichick is at drafting CB's. IMO, we did fine with Jones and Jones. Marcus was an especially fine pick.
============
and finally, if we are intent on drafting a WR, why wouldn't we draft JXN?
I get this but the league has seen a YAC explosion over the last 20-30 years and a ton of that has come from the slot. There's so many advantages that comes with playing there. Who you're playing against - most teams are keeping their CB1 outside. It's easier to scheme an advantage. Free release. More overall space.

Also guys like Jefferson and many others were labeled "slot only" incorrectly. I think JSN will make a living in the slot bc that's where his true value is imo but he can give 150 reps from outside/Z np esp bc our slot/z overlap so much. So in what we're asking them to run.

The real question is could you keep him on the field in 2 WR sets. Can he stay on the field all 3 downs? I believe he can but I'm also so down for Gonzo, JP, Deebo Witherspoon, Wright to be here. Our secondary is close to being elite and Wright is plug/play, athletic, tough and versatile. Him and Onwenu would kill it in our gap/power scheme.
If we didn't have Rham I'd think about Bijan but we've been hitting on mid round RB. Plus Strong and Harris looked good in limited samples. And it's a ridiculously deep class. Roschon Johnson can run power/gap, pass pro, is explosive (one of the fastest 10 yard splits), can make you miss, doesn't fumble and has a lot of potential as a rec back. He'll most likely be there at 46 if we REALLY want a RB. Achane is another rec back I and others love.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
Back