PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Zay Flowers to NE “worst kept secret in the league”

Brother what your take on Houston's QB Clayton Tune?

Can we stop derailing this thread about ZAY FLOWERS. I’m sure that there are threads in the main draft forum where questions about irrelevant QBs from schools which never produce successful NFL QBs are appropriate.

Getting back to ZAY FLOWERS….

Given that Nagy is tight with BB, maybe Zay to the Pats in round 1 is not in touch with reality?

Hooker won't be there for our 2nd pick. He's a top 10 players who is essentially a red-shirt. He is a fine pick for the end of the first, so that a team gets him for 5 years.
We’ll see… many GM’s don’t have the leeway or time to wait. Many teams need a QB now. There are certainly teams with placeholders like the Lions who could afford to wait. The Colts not so much, that owner wants to win now. Never say never is my default position.

And that’s fine. There will be wrs available day2-3. The two guys I feel have some great value are Trey Palmer and Charlie Jones. Grab the OT in r1.
Love Trey Palmer...Charlie Jones reminds me of Danny Amendola Patriot Slot all the way love how he works the middle of the field. :cool:

And that’s fine. There will be wrs available day2-3. The two guys I feel have some great value are Trey Palmer and Charlie Jones. Grab the OT in r1.

Love Trey Palmer...Charlie Jones reminds me of Danny Amendola Patriot Slot all the way love how he works the middle of the field. :cool:

Maryland's Rakim Jarrett is another Day 3 Slot/Speed WR I like... Tank Dell too, but after Palmer, Jones & Jarrett are gone.

Coach cap I hope you know Tank Dell is going in the Second Round and not on Day 3 he's that good.

He very well might, I just wouldn't do it here, based on our own needs, available picks etc...

He very well might, I just wouldn't do it here, based on our own needs, available picks etc...
In all Draft classes certain prospects excel at certain things I think Tank Dell is the best separator of the group even more than Flowers. Dell always give his QB an easy throw he has some sick moves at the top of the route.

@DaBruinz we'll see in two weeks get your Public apologies ready you'll have quite a few on my behalf. :rolleyes:

Why would I apologize to you for anything? Even a blind squirrel finds a nut now and then.

When have you ever apologized to anyone for your posts? When have you admitted to being wrong in general?

Unlike you, I do admit to being wrong. I've admitted to being wrong numerous times over the years.

EDIT: I actually like Tank Dell. But I learned long ago to not put a TON of weight on round projections because there are always surprise risers and surprise fallers. Ernest Shazor says Hi.

Why would I apologize to you for anything? Even a blind squirrel finds a nut now and then.

When have you ever apologized to anyone for your posts? When have you admitted to being wrong in general?

Unlike you, I do admit to being wrong. I've admitted to being wrong numerous times over the years.

EDIT: I actually like Tank Dell. But I learned long ago to not put a TON of weight on round projections because there are always surprise risers and surprise fallers. Ernest Shazor says Hi.
Searching past threads Brady years threads going way back I know I might find something. :rolleyes:
discover tv show GIF by HULU

Searching past threads Brady years threads going way back I know I might find something. :rolleyes:
discover tv show GIF by HULU

I was wrong on Harry and admitted to it.
But, feel free to show where YOU'VE admitted to being wrong. Though no one here is going to hold their breath over it.

There’s no hiding my fandom of Zay Flowers, I started a different thread for Flowers on the draft board. I REALLY want him on the Pats. He’s not just a slot receiver. He can play on the outside as well. If the Pats did the smart thing, and drafted him at #14 (**** this trade down ********), I’d be thrilled. Think of the schemes BOB could come up for him, imagine him and Thornton on the field at the same time, other teams would finally have to worry about the speed on our offense. He was a team captain, and just loves everything about football. Do it, do it.

That being said, they won’t be drafting at 14. Like someone else said, they will trade down to 20, Flowers won’t be there, and then they trade down to 26, then down to 29. We will draft a tackle. We will have 136 third round picks.

IF they don’t draft Flowers, I would hope they grab Tank Dell in the mid rounds with one of their 136 third round picks. He would be a great consolation prize. He’s even more shifty than Flowers, and was faking players out of their jocks in the Senior Bowl practices. He’s a smart player, he knows when to get down and when to get out of bounds. Like Flowers, he was a captain, and I’m sure they’ve spoken to Marcus Jones about Dell, and Jones told them you’re messing up if you don’t draft him.

Last point I’d like to make, someone please tell Belichick that it’s not against the law to draft TWO WRs in one draft. I know he still has painful memories from 10 years ago with drafting Aaron Dobson over Keenan Allen (and Travis Kelce), and Josh Boyce over Kenny Stills, but you still have to try. Typically, you have better odds of someone working out if you draft 2. I think they have a better draft team to figure things out than in 2013.

Within the first three rounds, BB will chose someone that's not on anyone's radar. I look forward to the meltdown.
BB will trade down and take a db that nobody ever heard about from a division three school, that won't play. He'll then take up a roster spot for years (before eventually being cut), like he has pictures of belichick doing something naughty. ALA jake bequette

Last edited:
In all Draft classes certain prospects excel at certain things I think Tank Dell is the best separator of the group even more than Flowers. Dell always give his QB an easy throw he has some sick moves at the top of the route.
166 lbs.... Are you sure you want him ?

Many people can’t compartmentalize the fact that yes, Zay is a “smaller WR” however, he actually isn’t small for his size relative to receivers such as T. Hill, Waddle, Steve Smith, Welker, Amendola etc..They may be a bit on the shorter side, but they possess the necessary bulk for their respective sizes. Flowers is actually quite “rocked up” for a 5’9” receiver & he is explosive in his routes. 5’9” 185-190 lbs (which he’ll eventually reach within the next couple of years, as he’s already allegedly at 182-183) is the equivalent of a receiver that is 6’1” 200 lbs (JSN). Also, what many fail to understand is receivers such as Flowers & JSN would be tremendous value in the first round for a team like NE, because of how we value the slot position; whereas a teams that don’t necessarily implement a ton of slot usage in their system wouldn’t use a first or maybe even a second round pick on a slot WR. We, maybe more than any team/system in NFL history value the slot position. Hell, we damn near put the slot position on the map as the blueprint for the league. He’ll be an EXCELLENT addition in the first round. Bank on it.

BB will trade down and take a db that nobody ever heard about from a division three school, that won't play. He'll then take up a roster spot for years (before eventually being cut), like he has pictures of belichick doing something naughty. ALA jake bequette
Originality of these “jokes”: 3/10. You didn’t want to throw in something about lacrosse or Rutgers?

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
Back