PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Your favorite plays of 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

FourierSeries

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Since we're almost a week away from the 2015 season, how about one last thread to appreciate and commemorate the fantastic 2014 season before "we're on to Pittsburgh."

List your favorite plays from 2014. Obviously, the Butler INT is likely everyone's #1 play, so try to select another one so we don't end up with an entire thread of nothing but the same gif.

To start:

NastyRewardingAdder.gif

Joe Flacco intercepted by Harmon at the end of the Baltimore game. The tension was unreal.

Nink's interception against Peyton is up there for me, Ayers' sack in the same game...

Blocked FG against the Jets to seal it as well.

Edit: Revis breaking up the fade route to Megatron was neat.

There was this as well:

And in that same game:

Butler -- too obvious
Edleman - I've been waiting for that play since he was a rookie
Gronk - Throwing people around on his way to a TD (against Bears)

How about Chandler Jones blocked kick?

Because he got injured on the play the play sucked but the hit Mayo delivered is the hardest hit I think I've ever seen.

Besides Butler's int (greatest play in Pat's history)

1) Gronk's one hander
2) Gronk throwing people outta the way on the way to a TD
3) Edelman's TD pass
4) Blount destroying Indy in AFCCG (most of his runs)
5) Hightower tackle of Lynch at the 1 yard line (not as big at the time in hindsight).

Gronk blowing up those Clots DBs? Booya!

Brady rushing for a td against Cincinnati on the first or second drive. I believe that's how we got the td. That was the start of the run

For me I just toss out the double pass and the interception because those have to be 1a/1b

For me my favorite 2 plays were the Akeem Ayers sack on manning in the Denver game where he just crushes Peyton coming around a stunt. And when browner absolutely BLEW UP the TE for the Chargers. Those two plays stick out in my mind from last season.

Because he got injured on the play the play sucked but the hit Mayo delivered is the hardest hit I think I've ever seen.
I still can't believe Mayo and Hightower will be playing in game one for us this year (no jinx please). They should make Collins even more explosive.

3rd and 14 on the post up there was HUGE. Without that conversion, Butler never gets to make his play cause it never gets to that.

2014 is going to be one of the most memorable seasons I've ever watched. To many plays to really pick favorites, so much fight from the team, and overcoming another circus catch in the only game that matters just made the season magical.

I like the TD vs the Colts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick