Welcome to PatsFans.com

Your 3 opinions on the draft - Future Great Pro-Future Bust-Most Intriguing? (2007)

Discussion in 'Patriots Draft Talk' started by PATRIOTSFANINPA, Apr 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PATRIOTSFANINPA

PATRIOTSFANINPA Rookie

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Who is your choice for .....

Sure Fire Pro all star player

Sure Fire Bust who is probably out of the league in a few years

Most intriguing person in this draft (one who you don't know which way he will really end up as,either a great one or a bust but is impossible to say right now)

Sure Fire pro player in this draft to me is .....
    LARON LANDRY - Has all the makings of a superb career like a young Rodney Harrison,Plays with fierceness,Hits hard and is determined to make tackles from all over the field.

Sure Fire Bust in this draft is....
    BRADY QUINN - Might be embarrasing to Charlie Weis when saying a few weeks ago that he is a cross between Manning and Brady,IMO he will eat his words on this QB which may end up more like a Joey Harrington rather than Peyton and Tom -He does not impress me despite the Impressive college he went to - Montana and Theismann have nothing to worry about here as far as legendary ND Quarterbacks go,I may be wrong but to me Brady will be nowhere near OUR Brady in his career.

Most intriguing guy to me has to be....
    MICHAEL BUSH - If it were not for injury he might have been a day one pick,Now projected in about late 2nd to early 3rd he may be a guy that gets injured easily and retires at 25 or he may go the way of Curtis Martin type who all prognoticators said was too far of a reach to pick because of his leg injury-Now martin has proven that wrong with a HOF like career and lasted many more years than what most thought - Who knows?,Michael may end with a better career than that OTHER RB named Bush in New Orleans.
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2007
  2. scott99

scott99 Rookie

Ratings:
    +89 / 65 / -57

#87 Jersey

I think Brady Quinn will be a fine QB. May never be a Tom Brady type, but I see him as a successful starter. I'd give away some family members if we could get Landry, lol.
  3. PATRIOTSFANINPA

PATRIOTSFANINPA Rookie

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

I am sure those family members feel special right about now after reading this :D
  4. drpatriot

drpatriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Sure fire star: Amobi Okoye - has all the skills and is only 19

Sure fire bust: JaMarcus Russell - not consistent in college and not enough playing experience, should have stayed another year

Most intriguing: Sidney Rice - three-year sophomore with a lot of upside
  5. Warren94

Warren94 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Sure Fire Pro: Landry is the complete package of all the safeties.

Sure Fire Bust: Lynch, character issues, runs too high. Just don't see him doing that well.

Intriguing: Lamarr Woodley, I think he fits the patriots to a T. Does his job (wherever that may be)
  6. kurtinelson

kurtinelson Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 5 / -2

#37 Jersey

Good Post.

Sure Fire Pro All Star Amobi Okoye

Sure Fire Bust Ted Ginn Jr./Jarvis Moss

Most Intriguing Patrick Willis/Chris Houston/Anthony Gonzalez
  7. chowder

chowder Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Sure Fire Pro All Star LaRon Landry (I don't really believe anything is a given but Landry to me is the closest to being a sure thing)

Sure Fire Bust Troy Smith (Great college player but I can see him failing in the pros like lots of previous Heisman quarterbacks. I do like the guy and would be happy for him if I was wrong, though)

Most Intriguing Chris Houston (I can see him either becoming an All Pro or a complete Bust)
  8. PATRIOT64

PATRIOT64 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Sure fire all pro - Going against the odds with the majority of first round WRs that didn't turn out good,but I will go with Calvin Johnson.

Sure fire bust - Going with Alan Branch,Heard this guy eats more than he breathes,Heavy duty guys can get somewhat fatter and lazier and slower once they get the big bucks.

Intriguing pick - Would have to go with Paul Poluszsny who is a bit undersized,injury prone at times but has heart...Which will be more of a factor will remain to be seen.
  9. 14thDragon

14thDragon Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I will go out on some limbs here...

All Pro - A. Peterson, has every tool a rb needs and then some.

Bust - J. Moss. You know the it factor, he does not have it.
    Close Second Joe Thomas, he seems to lack the love of the game.

Intriguing - Joe Staley. Will be a tackle that can block like a wall and run like a tight end. Stout against size and fast against speed.
  10. rookBoston

rookBoston Rookie

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0

Sure Fire Keeper - Patrick Willis, find me a single scout with any meaningful criticisms. Barring injury, Willis will be someone's keystone on D for years.

Sure Fire Bust - Ted Ginn Jr, never has a PR/KR gotten more over-hyped than Ginn. He'll has all the makings of the next Bethel Johnson.

Most Intruiging - Dan Bazuin, small(er) school guy dominated on a bad D. Is it too much to hope that he lasts to #91?
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2007
  11. patsfan-1982

patsfan-1982 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0

sure fire pro tim shaw lb i like this guy if he fall to the pats in the 3rd round it would be great

sure fire bust calvin johnson he might not be a bust but he is not going to live up to the hype

most Intriguing: leon hall he might be the next ty law or he might be the next
    chris cantay rember him are first rond pick from a think like 97 he was the big is bust ever
  12. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +195 / 7 / -23

Disagree with the assessment on Brady Quinn, if Weiss had all 4 years with him he would have been heads and shoulders above all the rest... he came a long way in 2 years.
  13. PushnPencils

PushnPencils Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -1

Sure Fire Stars: To me, Calvin Johnson is the obvious choice.

Bust: I'm totally not sold on Jamarcus Russell, especially if his first few years are spent in the dysfunction that is the Raiders.

Intriguing: I like Willis a lot. But the corners intrigue the crap out of me. Specifically Houston, who seems to have Hobb's bravado. Could be a great one, Could be Chris Canty.

Also Daymeion Hughes. As unimpressive as his speed numbers are, you can't ignore the productivity.

Lastly Josh Wilson. Crazy fast. Very productive. Height has never been an issue for the Pats at CB.

I'd love to see some huge upgrades at this position.
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2007
  14. Brady'sButtBoy

Brady'sButtBoy Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 3 / -1

Sure Fire All-Pro - Meriweather

Bust - Alan Branch

Most Intriguing - Weddle
  15. hobbsownscoles

hobbsownscoles Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I disagree He wasn't very good he just is shooting up the drafts because he ran a good 40 time, he was the third best lb on the Penn State this year
  16. shakadave

shakadave Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Bump! . .. ... ....
  17. patchick

patchick Moderatrix Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +603 / 6 / -0

Wow, nobody hit all three. Interesting to remember all the love for Landry.

The funny thing is, the 2007 draft being so uncommonly lousy, just about everybody got the bust picks right!
  18. WhiZa

WhiZa Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Re: Your 3 opinions on the draft - Future Great Pro-Future Bust-Most Intriguing? (200

yea, I think we tend to covet the players who the Pats could use the most in the draft. Which seems to be OLB every year!
  19. patriotscpfc

patriotscpfc Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Re: Your 3 opinions on the draft - Future Great Pro-Future Bust-Most Intriguing? (200

Nobody hit on all 3?

I'd say these 2 were pretty damn good.
  20. FredFromDartmouth

FredFromDartmouth Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 5 / -0

This shows how risky it is to make evaluations right after the draft. One one (1) guy picked Adrian Peterson to be All Pro. ONLY ONE! No one picked Reevis!

Consider that if the draft was done with 20/20 hindsight Peterson would have gone first and Reevis second....
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.