PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

* Ye Official 2012 Mock Draft Thread!! *

I thought you would like him. When I was doing some research on the late round/UDFA D-lineman, I saw 6'6" 375lbs and thought this guy is gonna be on OTG's binkie list. He does have some MAJOR character issues though (cocaine arrest), but from what I've been able to dig up he seems like he has a shot to make it in the NFL.

You talk about the cocaine issue like it's a bad thing, while it's unfortunate that he got himself arrested we really should be glad it's cocaine, which INCREASES performance, rather than pot, which harms it:D

You talk about the cocaine issue like it's a bad thing, while it's unfortunate that he got himself arrested we really should be glad it's cocaine, which INCREASES performance, rather than pot, which harms it:D

Haha my issue is that he got caught.

The cocaine issue itself will make him an UDFA. So..we can def. give him a shot at camp.

Weed is one thing. Cocaine...yeah. BIG RED FLAG

The cocaine issue itself will make him an UDFA. So..we can def. give him a shot at camp.

Weed is one thing. Cocaine...yeah. BIG RED FLAG

He was caught with marijuana as well.

I like the CBSSPORTS draft site and give them credit. But, man do they have a god-awful mock for us today. Rang has us taking S. Gilmore and M. Adams a bleepin T? Come on man!!
Reuter's is better. He has us taking C. Upshaw and C. Minnifield. Both mocks have one of my binkies gone before we pick. Devon Still - PSU. I like Upshaw and Vinny Curry. Can't go wrong with either IMO. Dontari Poe the big dt from Memphis is moving up boards. But, we usually don't spend high picks on guys from smaller programs. Logan Mankins was one of the few exceptions. And, that was because BB is buddies with Fresno St. coach. TJ McDonald is starting to get a lot of attention. Couldn't go wrong with Vinny Curry and TJ McDonald. That improves your atleticism on your def. front and in the secondary. I know OTG wants a grizzly. Me too. But, just don't think Poe fits what we usually select.

NFL Draft - 2012 Mock Drafts - CBSSports.com - NFLDraftScout.com

Another angle I haven't been considering. If we stick with the 4-3, could we draft two de's for that system? One to groom behind Carter. One to replace S. Ellis. Vinny Curry and Melvin Ingram?? We have lots of widebodies at dt for next year coming back; Wilfork, Haynesworth, Love, Brace and hopefully Pryor. Move up in 2nd to make sure you get McDonald there at 2a. Give up a 4. Draft a faster 4-3 olb with 2b. He took some dumb penalties early in the year when I saw him. Nigel Bradham from FSU looked pretty good last night. Diagnosed a screen play very well and dropped db for an 8 yard loss on a nice tackle. Didn't go for the kill shot and whiff. I guess depends whether you think we're going back to 3-4 or sticking with 4-3.

I like the CBSSPORTS draft site and give them credit. But, man do they have a god-awful mock for us today. Rang has us taking S. Gilmore and M. Adams a bleepin T? Come on man!!

Yeah, it's simply OFFENSIVE that some ChowderHead who purports to be an expert would perpetrate that we'd have the galactic stupidity to burn a 1st Rounder on O Tackle, when we've already got TWO All Pro Caliber talents AND ~ in Matt Light ~ a proven All Pro.

What a CLOWN. :mad:

I know OTG wants a Grizzly. Me too.

But, just don't think Poe fits what we usually select.

Can't argue with you, there.

It really depends on what KIND of Mock you're printing, right?

If you're producing a predictive Mock Draft, then Poe is a long shot, indeed.

Me, I don't give a rat's petunia what Coach Bill might do.

MY Mocks are 100% based on what I would like us to do. :D

I think mocks have to include the players that the mocker thinks "project" the best into our system. And when I say project, I am looking at the total package, measurables, intangibles, leadership, and coachability.

If you look at the tape and see a guy like Poe that you feel fits our system, then you should include him in your mock and list the reason why.

If someone offers a valid opposing point of view that is backed up with solid verifiable evidence, then that is great, it helps create a healthy dialogue.

I think mocks have to include the players that the mocker thinks "project" the best into our system.

Wrong!!!

WonkaMad.jpg

A Mock can be whatever the Mocker wants it to be, including his ~ or her ~ Vision for the direction he'd like the Patriots to go in.

I don't care if somebody wants to go with 5 Tackles on the Offensive Line. :eek:

I salute Creative Thinkers.

I APPLAUD them.

I don't tell others their business, nor do I allow others to tell me mine.

You Mock your way, and I'll Mock my way, pal.

Good DAY, Sir!!

379_valve-working-to-get-dota-2-out-as-soon-as-possible.jpg

0300 ~ The Hour With No Name. :cool:

Great Blue's got their Report out:

Great Blue North Draft Report

1 Indianapolis 0-9 .538
2 Miami 1-7 .543
3 St. Louis 1-7 .563
4 Arizona 2-6 .472
5 Jacksonville 2-6 .500
6 Carolina 2-6 .515
7 Seattle 2-6 .520
8 Minnesota 2-6 .581
9 Washington 3-5 .453
10 Cleveland 3-5 .492
11 Philadelphia 3-5 .500
12 Denver 3-5 .555
13 Tennessee 4-4 .462
14 Dallas 4-4 .484
15 San Diego 4-4 .520
16 Cincinnati 4-4 .527
17 Tampa Bay 4-4 .530
18 Cleveland 5-3 .470
19 NY Jets 5-3 .472
20 Buffalo 5-3 .492
21P Kansas City 4-4 .504
22P New England 5-3 .457
23P Chicago 5-3 .535
24P Houston 6-3 .415
25P New England6-3 .477
26P Pittsburgh 6-3 .477
27P Cincinnati 6-2 .469
28P NY Giants 6-2 .481
29P Detroit 6-2 .566
30P San Franciso 7-1 .441
31P Baltimore 6-2 .485
32P Green Bay 8-0 .504

Current Projection

Oakland's taking on WATER, baby!! :rocker:

Huge game this week for our pick. New Orleans travels to Atlanta. If the Falcons win, it drops NO to 6-4 and puts them in danger of not making the playoffs. Would put Atlanta at 6-3. NO last 6 games are
NY Giants
Detroit
at Tennessee
at Minnesota
Atlanta
Carolina

No gimmes in the bunch. 4-2 would be a good record. That would put them at 10-6 and prob put them right on the cut line with Chicago, Detroit and maybe Dallas.

Oakland at SD this Thursday. Chargers need to wake up. Division is there for the taking. Oakland defense really stinks. They had 5/8 at home in the first half. I'd love to see a 2-6 or 3-5 2nd half in the Black Hole. A 6-10 OR 7-9 2nd round pick would prob be 44-46.

Great Blue's got their Report out:

Great Blue North Draft Report

1 Indianapolis 0-9 .538
2 Miami 1-7 .543
3 St. Louis 1-7 .563
4 Arizona 2-6 .472
5 Jacksonville 2-6 .500
6 Carolina 2-6 .515
7 Seattle 2-6 .520
8 Minnesota 2-6 .581
9 Washington 3-5 .453
10 Cleveland 3-5 .492
11 Philadelphia 3-5 .500
12 Denver 3-5 .555
13 Tennessee 4-4 .462
14 Dallas 4-4 .484
15 San Diego 4-4 .520
16 Cincinnati 4-4 .527
17 Tampa Bay 4-4 .530
18 Cleveland 5-3 .470
19 NY Jets 5-3 .472
20 Buffalo 5-3 .492
21P Kansas City 4-4 .504
22P New England 5-3 .457
23P Chicago 5-3 .535
24P Houston 6-3 .415
25P New England6-3 .477
26P Pittsburgh 6-3 .477
27P Cincinnati 6-2 .469
28P NY Giants 6-2 .481
29P Detroit 6-2 .566
30P San Franciso 7-1 .441
31P Baltimore 6-2 .485
32P Green Bay 8-0 .504

Current Projection

Oakland's taking on WATER, baby!! :rocker:

Here's a mock from nepatriotsdraft.com. Have us taking Courtney Upshaw at 1a. Vinny Curry on board. I hope we get one of them. And, S. Gilmore -cb - so. carolina. I'd prefer a 2-gap de since we will prob go back to the 3-4. My pick there would be Devon Still - DT - Penn State. If you look at their top 100, we could get Robert Lester - S - Bama with 2a and a wr like McNutt - Iowa or Jones - unc with 2b. Upshaw, still, lester and jones would be a good haul and fit our needs imo.

2012 NFL Mock Draft: Picks 17-32 | NEPatriotsDraft.com - Patriots NFL Draft Site

If you want my thoughts on PSU. I hope Sandusky does the honorable thing and pulls the trigger. Joepa should be fired tonight for not doing enough. I'd like to beat the **** out of that big wimp McQuery. I'm a PSU fan/grad and horrified by this.

Here's a mock from nepatriotsdraft.com. Have us taking Courtney Upshaw at 1a. Vinny Curry on board. I hope we get one of them. And, S. Gilmore -cb - so. carolina. I'd prefer a 2-gap de since we will prob go back to the 3-4. My pick there would be Devon Still - DT - Penn State. If you look at their top 100, we could get Robert Lester - S - Bama with 2a and a wr like McNutt - Iowa or Jones - unc with 2b. Upshaw, still, lester and jones would be a good haul and fit our needs imo.

2012 NFL Mock Draft: Picks 17-32 | NEPatriotsDraft.com - Patriots NFL Draft Site

If you want my thoughts on PSU. I hope Sandusky does the honorable thing and pulls the trigger. Joepa should be fired tonight for not doing enough. I'd like to beat the **** out of that big wimp McQuery. I'm a PSU fan/grad and horrified by this.

Blech.

I'm so sorry, man.

Penn State deserved far better than this.

It's horrifying to learn that men capable of such great + inspiring things are also capable of such vile acts.

Patriots trade 2012 1st rounder, 2013 1st rounder, 2012 3rd rounder, and QB Brian Hoyer to #6 Washington Redskins to select, Justin Blackmon WR, Oklahoma State.

Patriots use 2012 Saints first rounder on Devon Still DT, Penn State.

Patriots trade Raiders 2nd rounder for a real NFL safety.

Patriots trade 2nd rounder into 2013.

Patriots use 4th rounder on Ryan Broyles, WR, Oklahoma.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Try to play man to man at the line on us now JETS! :D Pats cut Edelman and let Branch walk.

The 3 player draft (along with low round players) Blackmon, Still, Broyles, along with a real NFL safety. Ditka draft style FTW!

Last edited:
Patriots trade 2012 1st rounder, 2013 1st rounder, 2012 3rd rounder, and QB Brian Hoyer to #6 Washington Redskins to select, Justin Blackmon WR, Oklahoma State.

Try to play man to man at the line on us now JETS! :D Pats cut Edelman and let Branch walk.

The 3 player draft (along with low round players) Blackmon, Still, Broyles, along with a real NFL safety. Ditka draft style FTW!

Love the outside the box thinking. One of these years BB will go postal like that on us. Might as well be now!! I love the players you targeted too; Blackmon, Still and Broyles. Real NFL Safety trade cracks me up too. There is free agency in this league. We can fill a hole that way. I'm pretty sure Washington will franchise Laron Landry if they don't just re-up him. I don't think Tennessee will do that with Michael Griffin. He's a former number one pick out of Texas. Pretty good player. A helluva lot better than what we have. Devon Still had another monster game against Nebraska yesterday. A surreal week at PSU and he was unblockable. Only prob is that he might be playing his way into the Top 15.

459370352.jpg

-4b862ffd5e2c4408.jpg

424768102.jpg

LOVE it!!! :rocker:

Not my style at ALL ~ in fact: LIGHT YEARS from my style!!

But my GOD, does it HAVE style, baby!! :rocker:

By the way: Thanks for posting that, man. :cool:

I do think we need a quality Center in the late 1st-2nd round. Connelly...3 times now in a row, he has had a sucky game. He did improve later in the 2nd half but I've never ever seen a bad snap from Koppen. That being said, he was more aware of outside blitzes. I saw him go from the Center spot at the time of the snap all the way to the right (twice) to pick up a DB blitzing.

I do think we need a quality Center in the late 1st-2nd round. Connelly...3 times now in a row, he has had a sucky game. He did improve later in the 2nd half but I've never ever seen a bad snap from Koppen. That being said, he was more aware of outside blitzes. I saw him go from the Center spot at the time of the snap all the way to the right (twice) to pick up a DB blitzing.

I HEAR you, Brother Ninja!! Loud and CLEAR. :eek:

I like Connolly a great deal...but as our 4th IL ~ a Schwing Guard/Center.

What's most disappointing about this prospective off season is that it's not very likely that we can snatch much Draft Capital ~ "Loot", to use Brother Snake's NomenClature :D ~ for a very valuable Reserve.

Nor can we likely afford to keep him: after virtually two years, starting, it's unlikely he fails to draw at least one offer of big bucks.

He's nowhere near good enough to Franchise, and if I got the rules right ~ a weak spot of mine ~ he's far beyond Restricting.

So that leaves us with a 2013 Comp Pick...unless we want to pay him a starter's wage to be Super Reserve, something that I'm not frankly against, but which probably doesn't work with The Cap.

What I'd like to see is our bringing back Koppen as a Reserve/Possible Starter/Possible Emergency O Guard...and lay down heavy Draft Cap on Brewster...or possibly Konz.

I'll bust out Centers, tonight, after I've gotten some sleep...Would it make more sense to roll out all O Line Grizzlies in one thread?? I'll hit those, and then the Tight Ends/Flex Ends/Wing Backs, then the Split Ends/Flanker Ends, and Slot Ends...

Here's a two round mock I did on another site. With our win last night and NO win at Atlanta. Looks like our picks are dropping. Which is a good thing. But, a couple of my binkies like Still and Upshaw will be gone. Damn Raiders win again too! Even have a Luck trade. I also think Miami has to grease Carolina's palms if they want Barkley at 3. Or, Cleveland might trade up as I mentioned. My Pats picks are

1A Vinny Curry - DE - Marshall - Maybe we stick with 4-3. Even if not, I think he can play olb in a 3-4.

1b TJ McDonald - S - USC - Looks like a FS type. Which we desperately need.

2a Dwight Jones - WR - UNC - Big guy. NFL Comp - Kenny Britt/Hakeem Nicks

2b Ben Jones - C - Georgia - Not sure about this. Wasn't crazy about the DL on board. Great spot for a trade back. Pick up a 3 and 4.

1 Indy to Washington - Andrew Luck - QB - Stanford . Give up their 1st and 2nd this year. Their 1st, 2nd and 3rd next year. I don't think Barkley falls to Skins slot. Not crazy about Landry Jones and don't know enough about RG3 yet. That's why Skins do it. Tough pill to swallow for Skins. But, take your medicine son. You'll feel better in the long run.

2. Carolina - Matt Kalil - T- USC - BPA. J. Otah really beat up with knee issues. Slide J. Gross to RT. Matt gets to play with his bro. Keep the franchise Cam Newton healthy. And, believe me. This could be traded. I was tempted to trade this pick to Cleveland for both firsts. If Cleveland values Matt Barkley I think that trade gets done.

3. Miami - Matt Barkley - QB - USC Desperate at qb. May have to float Carolina a 2nd just for not trading that pick. Like Cleveland did when they drafted Kellen Winslow Jr.

4. St. Louis - Justin Blackmon - WR - OK ST. Let's get Bradford some weapons. Rams heydey in St. L was with Bruce/Holt combo.

5. Minnesota - Mo Claiborne - CB - LSU - I'm flexible here. Was considering J. Martin and Q. Coples. Shut down cb's don't grow on trees.

6. Wash to Indy - Trent Richardson - RB - Alabama - I'm assuming Manning wants to play another 3-4 years. And, the best way to keep him healthy will be with a strong running game. Trent will be great running that stretch play he used to with Edge. Have plenty of other picks now to rebuild roster.

7. Arizona - Jon Martin - T- Stanford - Have to give Kolb some more time and make it as easy as possible for him.

8. Cleveland - Robert Griffin 3 - QB - Baylor. Has a year or two behind Colt to develop. Will probably need it. RG3 should send Cam Newton a thank you note for helping him get selected this high.

9. Jacksonville - Alshon Jeffrey - WR - So Car - See St. Louis. Get B. Gabbert some weapons.

10. Philly - Vontaze Burfict - MLB - Ariz St - This team has a huge hole at MLB. Maybe Te'o here.

11. Seattle - Quentin Coples - DE - UNC - BPA at a position they could use help. Considered Landry Jones. They do have two fairly young qb's in T. Jackson and Whitehurst.

12. KC - Landry Jones - QB - Oklahoma - Good situation for Landry. Doesn't have to play right away. KC gets their qb of the future. Hopefully. Don't see a premier player worth taking instead of developmental qb

13. San Diego - Devon Still - DE - PSU - I see him as a two gap 5 tech de in their system. Oakland has been running the ball down their throats. They better figure a way to stop it. Considered Upshaw and Te'o.

14. Tampa Bay - Dre Kirkpatrick - CB - Bama - Ronde can't play forever. Talib didn't work out.

15. Denver - No freakin idea what this team is going to do. Seem to be building a pretty good defense. Have some edge rushers. Help that interior with Brandon Thompson - DT - Clemson. I'll listen to suggestions Broncos fans. 3-4 OR 4-3?? Wishbone next year?? OL not too bad. Have some wr's. Very hard to project here. I considered Zack Brown. But, you have Von Miller.

16. Tennessee - Michael Floyd - WR - Notre Dame Should make a pretty combo paired with Britt.

17. Atlanta to Cleveland - Zack Brown - OLB - UNC - BPA at a position they can use help. Don't value the rb's and wr's left high enough to pick here. Pretty sure they would consider a trade back here. Considering they did that a lot last year.

18. NY Jets - Courtney Upshaw - OLB - Alabama - Need to pressure Tom Brady or he will eventually get you. I think you make playoffs and pick higher though Jets fans. Can't see 3 teams from AFC North making it.

19. Dallas - Alameda Ta'amu - NG - Washington - Helps keep blockers off their lb's. I also considered Te'o, Barron or McDonald, and Rieff. I have you guys winning the NFC East and picking higher though Poke fans.

20. Buffalo - Mantei Te'o - LB - Notre Dame - Bills need a lot of help on defense. OL good, Jackson/Spiller at rb, Fitzy extended, good wr's. Have to go defense right?

21. Oakland to Cincy - Alonzo Dennard - CB - Nebraska - Had them taking a cb before L. Hall got hurt last night. Maybe a little worried about Jenkins off the field issues. Really seem to be coming together as a team. I go safe here.

22. Cincy - Bengals in the playoffs if season ends today. And, could make it. Going to be tough though. I think Jets sneak in. Never been a Cedric Benson fan. I think Lamar Miller takes a lot of heat off of Dalton Gang if he declares. And, I think he will.

23. Detroit - David DeCastro - G - Stanford - These next 3 playoff teams get players who should have been drafted higher. But, the idiot who did the mock didn't slot them correctly...LOL

24. Chicago - Peter Konz - C - Wisonsin - Gotta keep Cutler upright.

25. NY Giants - Riley Rieff - T - Iowa - BPA

26. Baltimore - Dontae Hightower - LB - Bama Ravens like those defenders who can play multiple positions. Can use him inside/out. Eventually replaces Ray Ray in the middle.

27. New England - Vinny Curry - OLB/DE - Can get after the qb in either the 3-4 or 4-3.

28. No to New England - TJ McDonald - S - USC Need a safety who can play the ball when it's in the air. I like P. Chung but that's not his strength. I don't think the Bama guys are as good as a ballhawk as McDonald is.

29. Houston - Janoris Jenkins - CB - Considered DL here. Building a heckuva defense down there in Houston.

30. San Fran - Dwayne Allen - TE - Clemson - Just basing this off of his offenses at Stanford. I think he'd like to go with a two TE set with V. Davis. Worried about depth behind Gore. Don't have any rb's rated this high.

31 Pittsburgh - They always just draft the best damn player. That's why they're so good. Address the de with Hood and Heyward. I'm going with Luke Kuechly. Considered Mark Barron and Mike Adams.

32 GB - Super Bowl rematch. Dontari Poe - DL - Memphis. Considered J. Worthy, J. Crick, R. Lewis and a couple of defensive backs.

2ND ROUND

Indy - Muhammad Sanu - WR - Rutgers

Miami - Should give this to Carolina since I let you pick Barkley. But, I won't. Miami selects Chase Minnifield.

St. Louis - Mark Barron - S - Alabama

Minnesota - Mike Adams - T - Ohio St

Carolina - Jayron Hosley - CB - Va Tech

Arizona to Philly - Robert Lester - S - Alabama

Cleveland - Nick Toon - WR - Wisconsin

Jacksonville - Stephen Gilmore - CB - So. Carolina

Philly - Whitney Mercilus - DE - Illinois

Seattle - Jerel Worthy - DT - Michigan St

Wash to Indy - Melvin Ingram DE - So Carolina

SD - Ronnell Lewis - OLB - Oklahoma

TB - Cordy Glenn - OL - Georgia

Denver - Ryan Tanneyhill - QB - Texas A&M