OG Al Netter
OG Manese Foketi
OG John Cullen

OT Jeff Allen
OT James Carmon
OT Steven Baker

XE Matt Veldman

WB Derek Carrier
WB Ifeanyi Momah ~ IR, but LOVE this guy!!
WB DeAngelo Peterson

SE Dale Moss
SE Michael Calvin

DT Chigbo Anunoboy

NT Hebron Fangupo

UT Armond Armstead

DE Scott Smith
DE Kentrell Lockett

EL Brett Roy

CB Ryan Steed
CB Micah Pellerin

There is a LOAD of Raw Talent out there!! :rocker:

First off, lets start with Mike Brewster. A very rare case of he should of entered the NFL draft last year and been at the very least a 3rd round pick. Many posters here including myself were very high on this guy coming into the college season. I'm not sure if the blocking scheme changed but he looked outright terrible this year. So many plays I watched where he wouldn't even put a block on either DT. How does that happen? How can you not engage another grizzly when you are the center? Islands are for Linebackers Mike;)

I am hugely surprised that David Snow was not drafted. His stock as a sleeper was skyrocketing this last month. I'm sure he is already on a team before I woke up this morning. If not give him a call Bill.

I'm not advocating bringing in any more De's. My cup is happily filled at long last. We seem set at OLB for a change as well. I do want to bring back Andre Carter to show these guys how to be a pro,workout regimes and teach some of his pass rush moves he's learned over his nice career. He would be one hell of a mentor if he is open to it.

The 2 CB's Steed and Pellerin are worth a flyer. Kind of surprised they weren't drafted too. Can never have too many CB's in this new era.

Overall this is probably one of the best defensive draft classes in the Bill Belichick era. I'd have to say from a way early standpoint it was comparable on a smaller scale, impact wise to the 95 and 96 drafts when the core of those great 2000 teams were built for championships. Jones Hightower and Bequette are quite a haul. Of course we will have to wait and see;) I admit none of these guys were on my "I think we are going to get these guys draft board" but being open minded they still intrigued me from all the good intel we got from the posters on this board. After more evaluation I am very happy these guys are on our team. Of course every draft pick has to PROVE IT ON THE FIELD.

Tavon Wilson for me is still a reach, I was expecting to see some kind of off the charts film like the Oakland pick Mike Mitchell. Instead I see my own binky Jeremy Ebert put Wilson in the rear view mirror. I call it the way I see it and of course I'm a fan of Wilson now that he is a Patriot but will admit it was too early and felt there were better players on the board. Hoping for good things regardless from the kid and I love being made the fool when it comes to our own players. Fire away at that one if you wish.

Jeremy Ebert. I saw this one coming a mile away. I hate it when he get's compared to Edelman because he was picked in the 7th round. Sure he played QB in high school but he also had huge college production that went under the radar as a WIDE RECEIVER!! He does everything right, blocks, good hands more straight line speed than Welker or perhaps any wr on our team. His route running is good and he can learn a lot more whether it be on the practice squad or any other capacity the team has for him. Probably the best value pick at wr we have had in the draft since David Givens imo. Anyway, I'd compare him more to a Wayne Chrebet with a little bit of slot and the ability to stretch the field and take the top of the defense when he wants to. I think we are going to love him here in the near future.

So it looks like Minnifield didn't get drafted either. I hadn't seen him on any lists so far.

What was his reason for sliding again??

So it looks like Minnifield didn't get drafted either. I hadn't seen him on any lists so far.

Minnifield is a Redskins. Supposedly his knee is in much worse shape than we thought. I saw a report that it wasn't actually microfracture surgery, but something worse.

Minnifield is a Redskins. Supposedly his knee is in much worse shape than we thought. I saw a report that it wasn't actually microfracture surgery, but something worse.

Yeah, it's too bad, as he looked really good, going into his Senior season: I had'm on a Mock or two, previous to October. Looks like an IR guy in 2012. I hope he makes it.

First off, lets start with Mike Brewster. A very rare case of he should of entered the NFL draft last year and been at the very least a 3rd round pick. Many posters here including myself were very high on this guy coming into the college season. I'm not sure if the blocking scheme changed but he looked outright terrible this year. So many plays I watched where he wouldn't even put a block on either DT. How does that happen? How can you not engage another grizzly when you are the center? Islands are for Linebackers Mike;)

I am hugely surprised that David Snow was not drafted. His stock as a sleeper was skyrocketing this last month. I'm sure he is already on a team before I woke up this morning. If not give him a call Bill.

I'm not advocating bringing in any more De's. My cup is happily filled at long last. We seem set at OLB for a change as well. I do want to bring back Andre Carter to show these guys how to be a pro,workout regimes and teach some of his pass rush moves he's learned over his nice career. He would be one hell of a mentor if he is open to it.

The 2 CB's Steed and Pellerin are worth a flyer. Kind of surprised they weren't drafted too. Can never have too many CB's in this new era.

Overall this is probably one of the best defensive draft classes in the Bill Belichick era. I'd have to say from a way early standpoint it was comparable on a smaller scale, impact wise to the 95 and 96 drafts when the core of those great 2000 teams were built for championships. Jones Hightower and Bequette are quite a haul. Of course we will have to wait and see;) I admit none of these guys were on my "I think we are going to get these guys draft board" but being open minded they still intrigued me from all the good intel we got from the posters on this board. After more evaluation I am very happy these guys are on our team. Of course every draft pick has to PROVE IT ON THE FIELD.

Tavon Wilson for me is still a reach, I was expecting to see some kind of off the charts film like the Oakland pick Mike Mitchell. Instead I see my own binky Jeremy Ebert put Wilson in the rear view mirror. I call it the way I see it and of course I'm a fan of Wilson now that he is a Patriot but will admit it was too early and felt there were better players on the board. Hoping for good things regardless from the kid and I love being made the fool when it comes to our own players. Fire away at that one if you wish.

Jeremy Ebert. I saw this one coming a mile away. I hate it when he get's compared to Edelman because he was picked in the 7th round. Sure he played QB in high school but he also had huge college production that went under the radar as a WIDE RECEIVER!! He does everything right, blocks, good hands more straight line speed than Welker or perhaps any wr on our team. His route running is good and he can learn a lot more whether it be on the practice squad or any other capacity the team has for him. Probably the best value pick at wr we have had in the draft since David Givens imo. Anyway, I'd compare him more to a Wayne Chrebet with a little bit of slot and the ability to stretch the field and take the top of the defense when he wants to. I think we are going to love him here in the near future.

Absolutely outstanding post!! :rocker:

1 ~ Great points on Mike Brewster. He was high on my list for a very long time. I don't believe he's anywhere close to the awful player he was, this year, and could become one of the all time great UFA steals.

2 ~ Very surprised to see love for Dave Snow!! Yeah, he's a beloved Binky and I am amazed that nobody picked him...I'd put him ahead of Brewster, frankly. Tremendous Prospect.

3 ~ I loved the analogy with with the 1995 and 1996 Drafts. The influx of Chandler Jones, Donta HighTower, and Jake Bequette on the Front 7 ~ and the correspondingly dramatic effect on our chances of winning the next two or 3 Super Bowls ~ should prove to be colossal.

4 ~ And stealing Alfonzo Dennard in the 7th, need I say, is astonishing.

For your amusement, Gents, I thought it might be fun to take a look back at Columbia BroadCasting's Rankings ~ that's CBS/SportsLine, to you Earthlings!! ~ of the 2012 Class from last May!! Seniors, only, mind you...

Be warned: These guys are sloppy before the season begins, and some of these rankings are hard to believe...

QB ~ Nick Foles was the #1 ranked Senior!!

OC ~ Mike Brewster was #1!!

OG ~ Kelechi Osemele was #1!!

OT ~ Nate Potter was #1 and UFA Matt Reynolds was #3!! Hah!!

TE ~ Mike Egnew was #1!! Also, Dave Paulson was #2, George Bryan #3, and Coby Fleener was #4!! Hah!!

SE ~ Mike Floyd was #1 ~ no shocker. But #2 through #6 was Jeff Fuller, Ryan Broyles, Dwight Jones, Juron Criner, and Greg Childs!!

OB ~ Wow!! Cyrus Gray was #1 and Doug Martin was #7...And there I thought I'd discovered Cyrus Gray!! Hah!!

DT ~ UFA Tydreke Powell was #1!!! Kheeston Randall was #2, and Devon Still was #13 with Derek Wolfe at #14!!

DE ~ Quint Coples was actually #1!! Hey, how about that...

DF ~ My BOY, Bruce Irvin, was #15!! Hah!! And my BROTHER, Shea McClellin, was the #16 Defensive End!!

CB ~ And the #1 Ranked Senior CornerBack at CBS, last May?? Alfonzo Dennard, baby!! :rocker:

Why can't WE get players like that?? :D

I say you can't go wrong if Donta Hightower's on the board at 27, I just think he's a beast. Maybe even trade up a few spots for him.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

I must be psychic or something!!! :singing:

Sorry for thread bumping. :cool:

When you're right, you're right.

What's interesting is, this wasn't right before the draft. This was 2 month before. February 24th.

I do feel like I'm kinda being an idiot here, bumping such an old thread for self glorification, I guess I was looking at my old posts and heh, I couldn't resist. :cool:

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back