PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

* Ye Official 2012 Mock Draft Thread!! *

this might get quite a visercal response but I truly believe that BB after reevaluating this season and this team going forward he would most certainly entertain this option.

-- THE TRADE -- I know this might be considered blasphemy but I think that BB might be at the same place after reviewing tape and evaluating his team as he did with Lawyer Milloy, Drew Bledsoe and Richard Seymour. I am not saying this is going to happen.. but I would not be shocked if this does happen in the next 12-14 months.

points in my favor

- This is a different Brady and this team is to focused on him in order to succeed. Brady in the 4th qtr looked nothing like he used to. He was flinching in the pocket. it was uncomfortable to watch. If BB believes Hoyer and Mallet can lead this team like Matt Cassel .. I could see him making this move.

- The Gisele comments.. these things can't be allowed to permeate through this team.

- The BOB spat on the sideline is a by product of the above two points.

Tom Brady traded to Washington Redskins for #6 and #39 in the 2012 draft and Washington's 1st round pick in 2013.

This also opens up cap space for Hernandez and Gronk going forward too..

Free Agent signings
- Mario Williams DE/OLB
- Wes Welker (resigned)
- Brian Hoyer (resigned)
- Law Firm (Resigned)
- Brandon Lloyd WR

1a #6 -- Morris Claiborne (CB) The shutdown corner we have been looking for.
morris-claiborne-420x283.jpg

1b #27 -- Donta Hightower (LB) A SEC Stud who knows the system and can step right in.
Donta-Hightower.jpg

1c#31 -- Mark Barron (SS) Might fall even further but a guy that we could use and would compliment Patrick Chung and help us in big nickle packages with McCourty.
mark-barron-420x330.jpg

2a#39 -- Peter Konz falls to the Pats here and solidfiy's there OL for 10 years with Solder,Mankins,Konz,Cannon,Vollmer
Peter-Konz-420x276.jpg

2b#48 -- Joe Adams (WR) - We totally revamp our we corps with the addition of Brandon Lloyd and Adams
icon_10026183-420x279.jpg

2c#63 -- Coby Fleener (TE) -- We need to be ready to have a backup to Gronk or Hernandez and gives us even more flexibility.
icon_5830183-420x279.jpg

All trades in rounds 3 and up will move picks in 2013

I could see a Ryan Browles type player selected or if a player falls like Cannon and Mallet too.

Let the :bricks: commence!

The guy above is funny, i would never condone trading Brady.... never... well unless the lions wanna trade Calvin, Stafford, Avril, Suh and Van den bosch

this might get quite a visercal response but I truly believe that BB after reevaluating this season and this team going forward he would most certainly entertain this option.

-- THE TRADE -- I know this might be considered blasphemy but I think that BB might be at the same place after reviewing tape and evaluating his team as he did with Lawyer Milloy, Drew Bledsoe and Richard Seymour. I am not saying this is going to happen.. but I would not be shocked if this does happen in the next 12-14 months.

points in my favor

- This is a different Brady and this team is to focused on him in order to succeed. Brady in the 4th qtr looked nothing like he used to. He was flinching in the pocket. it was uncomfortable to watch. If BB believes Hoyer and Mallet can lead this team like Matt Cassel .. I could see him making this move.

- The Gisele comments.. these things can't be allowed to permeate through this team.

Tom Brady traded to Washington Redskins for #6 and #39 in the 2012 draft and Washington's 1st round pick in 2013.

Free Agent signings
- Mario Williams DE/OLB
- Wes Welker (resigned)
- Brian Hoyer (resigned)
- Law Firm (Resigned)
- Brandon Lloyd WR

1b #27 -- Donta Hightower (LB) A SEC Stud who knows the system and can step right in.
Donta-Hightower.jpg

1c#31 -- Mark Barron (SS) Might fall even further but a guy that we could use and would compliment Patrick Chung and help us in big nickle packages with McCourty.
mark-barron-420x330.jpg

2a#39 -- Peter Konz falls to the Pats here and solidfiy's there OL for 10 years with Solder,Mankins,Konz,Cannon,Vollmer
Peter-Konz-420x276.jpg

2b#48 -- Joe Adams (WR) - We totally revamp our we corps with the addition of Brandon Lloyd and Adams

2c#63 -- Coby Fleener (TE) -- We need to be ready to have a backup to Gronk or Hernandez and gives us even more flexibility.
icon_5830183-420x279.jpg

I could see a Ryan Browles type player selected or if a player falls like Cannon and Mallet too.

Yeah, Hoyer or Mallett should be able to replace TFB no problem:rolleyes: Good lord, I need a shower after reading that post.

Free Agency

- Resign Welker
- Sign Pierre Garcon
- Sign Brandon Lloyd
- Sign Dashon Golston

Draft

- Trade 27 back into the 2nd round.

- 1a Alameda Ta'amu

687506067.jpg

- 2a. Coby Fleener

763439468.jpg

- 2b. Cam Johnson

373180572.JPG

- 3 George Iloka

664425453.jpg

- 4 Senio Kelemete

486234219.jpg

late round binkies

- Greg Childs

797887347.jpg

- Devon Wylie

929797745.jpg

- Emil Igwenagu

footB-Jeff-Bernstein-e1318297775362.jpg

While I'd like to get a stud Center I just dont see the next mangold in this draft, the closest thing would be to grab DeCastro and groom him at Center but I'm not sure the price would be in BB's range, unless a Mallett trade happens that gives us much more draft capital to work with.

1 ~ Love the Mock!! Obviously, you know there're a number of individual Picks I'm a big fan of, Taamu, Kelemete, and Fleener being the most obvious...and Childs, of course. Fleener, Kelemete, and Childs've been in my Mocks from Day 1!!

2 ~ Love Cody Johnson, as well, and if I targeted players like Wylie and Igwenagu, I'd be all OVER them!!

3 ~ It occurs to me that I'm being more'f'n hindrance than an help with the Picks: I LOVE "Illustrating", and if anyone'd like me to do so, PM ME the post before you publish, and I'll send it back to you, ILLUSTRATED, so YOU can launch it...Otherwise, I'll just stay out'f the way!! I'll post this a few more times, so hopefully everyone sees it...:cool:

The guy above is funny, i would never condone trading Brady.... never... well unless the lions wanna trade Calvin, Stafford, Avril, Suh and Van den bosch

If they throw in a 1st round pick I might be willing to talk. If not, no dice.

Let's look at the draft and take into considerations what should and could happen. The ideas are really not that unreasonable.

1. Pats sign Brandon Lloyd
2. Hoyer is traded and the Pats get a 2nd round pick. Teams like the Redskins could be very interested.
3. Pats resign Welker , Carter, Anderson, Connolly and Branch

1a. Fletcher Cox - DL -
starts the whole process of rebuilding the DL Four time SEC player of the week is good enough for me.

4615624_orig.jpg

1b. Dont'a Hightower - LB - big, tough, versatile and could make the Pats the best LB group in football.

578767687.jpg

2a. From trade with the Redskins for Hoyer getting 39th pick overall.

Zack Brown - OLB - He has already dropped to 2nd round in many mocks and could he play a unique role with the Pats? Has 4.4 speed and is faster than many safeties. Will BB use him as both as a WLB who can also cover can cover TE, rb and possibly WRs on defense...Its must an idea and you never know with BB. He is a complementary player to Hightower.

299186236.jpg

2b. Jerel Worthy - DL - second DL picked and allows the Pats to develop a strong future DL tandem.

756484861.jpg

2c. Reuben Randle, WR, LSU -
Size, speed, ability and seen him listed from the31st to 68th pick - he may be avialable

120335868.jpg

3. George Iloka - Big player who once was a CB and can play right next to Chung. Pats haven't had a player with his size and toughness since Harrison. This allows McCourty and Dowling to be the starting cbs next year.

664425453.jpg

4. Ben Jones - C - Pats sign Connolly as a versatile reserve and Ben Jones takes over as center. Pats rebuilding of the OL is complete.

115540459.jpg

Whoa!! Ben Jones in the 4th?? C'mon, man!! :D

GREAT Presentation, though!! I think a few of the targets are a little wishfull thinking, but I could always be wrong, and in any case it's really nicely put together. :cool:

points in my favor

Free Agent signings
- Mario Williams DE/OLB
- Wes Welker (resigned)
- Brian Hoyer (resigned)
- Law Firm (Resigned)
- Brandon Lloyd WR

Donta-Hightower.jpg

mark-barron-420x330.jpg

Peter-Konz-420x276.jpg

icon_5830183-420x279.jpg

Balls of STEEL, Brother Yo!!! :rocker:

1 ~ No way in HELL would I ever trade General Tom Brady. I think he has 4 to 6 High Caliber years left...Plus, he happens to be Tom #$%&ing BRADY. I am an AGGRESSIVE Proponent of trading players at or near their peaks, under the right circumstances. As many know, I would've Franchised and traded Randy Moss, right after his Record 2007 season ~ and probably gotten two 1st Rounders from Washington, one of which could've gone for Brian Orakpo!! :eek: ~ But some guys you simply don't trade. Tom Brady is one such. The Miners traded Montana, and I always thought it was a mistake: Steve Young's all right, but they should've traded HIM, rolled with Montana, and THEN drafted his replacement...They probably cost themselves a Super Bowl...We might cost ourselves three.

2 ~ But I LOVE your having the Balls + Vision to MAKE that move, even though I don't like it!! :eat3:

It occurs to me that I'm being more'f'n hindrance than an help with the Picks:

I LOVE "Illustrating", and if anyone'd like me to do so, PM ME the post before you publish, and I'll send it back to you, ILLUSTRATED, so YOU can launch it...

Otherwise, I'll just stay out'f the way!! :)

I'll post this a few more times, so hopefully everyone sees it..

Whoa!! Ben Jones in the 4th?? C'mon, man!! :D

GREAT Presentation, though!! I think a few of the targets are a little wishfull thinking, but I could always be wrong, and in any case it's really nicely put together. :cool:

Jones got some pretty poor write-ups at the Senior Bowl. Can't find the other reports. But, supposedly looked flabby and very un-atletic. Bleacher report isn't very reliable. But, I'll look for those other reports. They were pretty scathing.

2012 NFL Draft: 8 Prospects Whose Stocks Have Rapidly Declined | Bleacher Report

It's good to come back and focus on the draft. I knew i'd see a trade Tom Brady or 2 but at least they are few and far between.

I haven't changed my earlier drafts too much. But i will say i am very keen to see free agency start and see if we can make a play for Williams and Lloyd.

@Yopats

I think you'll suffer from Patsfans denial to your post. I don't think it's right to trade Brady yet, but if anyone thinks that at some stage BB won't even consider it then they don't know BB's MO very well. It's not a difficult equation. If BB thinks that Mallett or Hoyer plus the picks represents better value than Tom Brady and his contract then he'll make the trade in a heartbeat.

What happens if Brady gets injured and Mallett carries the team like Brady did when Drew Bledsoe got injured. Oh did I mention Drew Bledsoe? Could've been Bernie Kosar. Nope BB never let's go popular franchise QB's in the later years of their career.

Leaving the Brady thing aside (it's not unreasonable to consider it at some stage), that mock would be a humdinger. Good picks.

Just one more thing on the trade Brady question. We've seen what happens when a capable backup comes in and performs very well for a couple of games in Green Bay. Luckily for Green Bay it's an easy choice as they have Aaron Rodgers in his prime. But what happens next year if Ryan Mallett does the same? Do you trade Mallett and keep Brady for his remaining and possibly declining years or do you explore what you have in Mallett and get value out of Brady whilst it's still there?

NB. I'm not advocating it, I don't think Brady is declining yet and I hope he has many more excellent years for the Patriots and solidifies his legacy by leading us to another SB. But one thing we do know. BB is very good at identifying when a vet is declining and takes advantage.

Draft Breakdown has a mock out:

#27 Andre Branch
#31 Mark Barron
#48 Dont'a Hightower
#63 Joe Adams

By this point I'm saying to myself "the only way this draft gets any better for me is if either Marvin Jones or Jamell Fleming are the pick at #94"

#94 Marvin Jones

Whilst I'm sceptical that Hightower falls to 48, this is just about my perfect mock draft. Only way it gets any better is if they resign Mark Anderson and we happened to get Fletcher Cox at 27.

I am all for building a better running game.

Picking up OT Mike Adams would free up Nate for use as a run blocking TE as it is needed now. Dwayne adds depth at TE and is also a good run blocker.

Toon is a lot like Branch, and Quick might be a big risk but he is might be the next Brandon Marshal. If he becomes a deep threat it opens up the entire offense.

David is a great player, a bit undersized, but i think he could be a stud in the 3-4 alignment.

1A. OT ---> Mike Adams, 6'8 320.
517955052.jpg

1B. TE ---> Dwayne Allen, 6'4 255.
16901.JPG

2A. WR ---> Nick Toon, 6'2 220.
nick-toon-picture.jpg

2B. OLB ---> Lavonte David, 6'0 225.
4e36d708dd87c.image.jpg

3. WR ---> Brian Quick 6-4 222.
brianquick_display_image.jpg

I am all for building a better running game.

Picking up OT Mike Adams would free up Nate for use as a run blocking TE as it is needed now. Dwayne adds depth at TE and is also a good run blocker.

Toon is a lot like Branch, and Quick might be a big risk but he is might be the next Brandon Marshal. If he becomes a deep threat it opens up the entire offense.

David is a great player, a bit undersized, but i think he could be a stud in the 3-4 alignment.

1A. OT ---> Mike Adams, 6'8 320.
517955052.jpg

1B. TE ---> Dwayne Allen, 6'4 255.
16901.JPG

2A. WR ---> Nick Toon, 6'2 220.
nick-toon-picture.jpg

2B. OLB ---> Lavonte David, 6'0 225.
4e36d708dd87c.image.jpg

3. WR ---> Brian Quick 6-4 222.
brianquick_display_image.jpg

Your top 2 picks are behind 2 of our best young players. Solder at LT and Gronk at TE. They would never see the field. Nothing wrong with either player. But, a terrible fit or us. I can see a wr at 48. I also love Lavonte David. But, he's a 4-3 olb. Only weight 225 lbs. We need help on the defensive line and a bigger olb.

Your top 2 picks are behind 2 of our best young players. Solder at LT and Gronk at TE. They would never see the field. Nothing wrong with either player. But, a terrible fit or us.

Plus there are rumblings that Cannon will stay at OT instead of transitioning inside. If true, that would make OT one of the few positions that would almost certainly NOT be picked in the first round.

I disagree a little about TE. I agree that taking a TE in the first round is probably a poor use of resources, but getting a TE on day 2 may not be such a bad idea. If Fleener starts to move up the charts, someone like Charles or Allen may be sitting there in the mid-2nd. Charles in particular is WR fast and would just add to matchup problems with Hernandez split wide or in the backfield.

Egnew or Ladarius Green may slide to day 3 and fit nicely between the skill sets of Gronk and Hernandez. Being a day 3 pick they don't have to play every down to be a worthwhile pick. After those guys, the talent drop is pretty steep.

@Yopats

I think you'll suffer from Patsfans denial to your post. I don't think it's right to trade Brady yet, but if anyone thinks that at some stage BB won't even consider it then they don't know BB's MO very well. It's not a difficult equation. If BB thinks that Mallett or Hoyer plus the picks represents better value than Tom Brady and his contract then he'll make the trade in a heartbeat.

What happens if Brady gets injured and Mallett carries the team like Brady did when Drew Bledsoe got injured. Oh did I mention Drew Bledsoe? Could've been Bernie Kosar. Nope BB never let's go popular franchise QB's in the later years of their career.

Leaving the Brady thing aside (it's not unreasonable to consider it at some stage), that mock would be a humdinger. Good picks.

My brain would implode from the sheer awesomeness I would be witnessing.

Lavonte David is like Aaron Maybin part two. No thanks.

As what, a safety?

Lavonte David is like Aaron Maybin part two. No thanks.

How can you possibly come up with that comparison. Maybin is a pure pass rusher who's game is built completely around athleticism. David is a 4-3 OLB who is a good not great athlete,but his game is built of instincts,processing speed and good fundamentals. They play different positions, have completely different skill sets and are in no way comparable.

As what, a safety?

I think David would be a good fit as a nickel coverage LB or big nickel safety. He doesn't have the upside of someone like a Zach Brown, but I think he could be a very good contributor. He doesn't have huge upside, but he is a relatively safe pick because of his instincts and processing speed. Unfortunately he seems like he could be an early 2nd rounder, so that would be too high for my liking.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
Back