PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

* Ye Official 2012 Mock Draft Thread!! *

Oh, no I know that. That's what the last sentence meant. Sorry for the mix up.

No problems. I think after last weekends game, it's fairly easy to make the assumption that we're loaded at the TE position. Does look like the Pats are doing due diligence on depth though. Emil Igwenagu projects as an H-back type apparently.

Boykin is also an excellent return man, and his also played WR at Georgia. I would not mins seeing the Pats grab him up in the late second round.

Boykin is also an excellent return man, and his also played WR at Georgia. I would not mins seeing the Pats grab him up in the late second round.

He was very impressive in their bowl gm against Mich St. I just want to go all defense. Doesn't even matter what position. We need help at most of them. I'm pretty sure we'll re-up Welker and either Koppen or Connolly. Would like a developmental wr who can return kicks. We were awful in that dept. this year. That's why I mentioned Joe Adams.

I agree with you

He was very impressive in their bowl gm against Mich St. I just want to go all defense. Doesn't even matter what position. We need help at most of them. I'm pretty sure we'll re-up Welker and either Koppen or Connolly. Would like a developmental wr who can return kicks. We were awful in that dept. this year. That's why I mentioned Joe Adams.

And I agree with you.

Mel Kiper has a mock out (insider content)

I'm not going to put this in the fail thread:

27 Michael Brockers, DL, LSU

The Patriots have a pair of picks in the first round, and my guess is they'll look to get younger on the defensive line and work to add some pieces to a pass rush. That was something they really didn't address in last year's draft, but as creative and resourceful as they are, it might be time. Brockers could end up a lot higher than this when the evaluation process is over because his reputation is growing. I list him simply as a defensive lineman because the Pats could use him in a couple of different ways up front in that scheme. What he can do is add explosiveness on the interior -- he's a pentrator with the ability to dominate if left to a single blocker, which frees people up.

32 Andre Branch, DE/OLB, Clemson

defensive end at the college level, Branch would convert to outside linebacker and add some immediate help to the New England pass rush. He racked up 10.5 sacks this past season and has a 6-foot-5, 260-pound frame, a good physical fit for the transition. Branch also has the athleticism to be more than a pure pass-rusher, as he should be able to develop into a well-rounded OLB under Bill Belichick.

I'd take that in a heartbeat.

Carlsberg don't do NFL mock drafts.....

That is beyond perfect. In fact I'd be happy just to come out of the first round with Brockers alone.

Mel Kiper has a mock out (insider content)

I'm not going to put this in the fail thread:

I'd take that in a heartbeat.

Funny, that's what Walterfootball also mocked us. :p
http://walterfootball.com/draft2012_1.php

27. New England Patriots: Michael Brockers, DE/DT, LSU
Here's one of many front-seven upgrades the Patriots will need to make. With Albert Haynesworth gone, they need to address the front line. Michael Brockers, the top prospect on the board, has the size Bill Belichick likes in his linemen. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

32. New England Patriots: Andre Branch, DE, Clemson
Andre Branch is a really good fit for the Patriots. He can play defensive end in the 4-3 and rush linebacker 3-4, filling both needs in those schemes. He also has the size that Bill Belichick likes out of his rush linebackers.

And no, I wouldn't hesitate picking them for a second either.

Last edited:
Where does he say Hightower get picked?

Not in the first. However he does have Burfict going to the Ravens which I don't see.

Mark Barron to the Jets
Fletcher Cox to the Broncos
Dontari Poe to the Steelers

Janoris Jenkins also slips out of the first, no stock loss for Kirkpatrick.

Not in the first. However he does have Burfict going to the Ravens which I don't see.

Mark Barron to the Jets

Why not Burfict to the Ravens? He seems to fit right in.

Why not Burfict to the Ravens? He seems to fit right in.

A bust waiting to happen. I wouldn't take him before third, maybe late second at a push. the guy has no sense of the self-discipline involved with being a professional athlete as far as I see it.

A bust waiting to happen. I wouldn't take him before third, maybe late second at a push. the guy has no sense of the self-discipline involved with being a professional athlete as far as I see it.

But you don't think getting in a locker-room with Ray Lewis will help him keep his emotions in check and use them better?

But you don't think getting in a locker-room with Ray Lewis will help him keep his emotions in check and use them better?

Possibly. You willing to bet a first rounder on that?

If I were the Ravens, depends on who is available when they pick.

Fair enough. Can we have an advance on some of those crucial personal fouls he's going to give up for Sunday please :)

Fair enough. Can we have an advance on some of those crucial personal fouls he's going to give up for Sunday please :)

Wouldn't that would be swell. :D

My problem with Burfict is he willingness to bite on fakes. Play action, draws, and stuff like that. He'll get abused by NFL quarterbacks, especially the top ones like Brady.

Mark Barron to the Jets

Yeah, I've noticed he isn't very high on Hightower. I don't know why.

Poe doesn't seem like a good fit for the Steelers. Maybe is Hampton is toast, but I don't see him fitting in with any 3-4 team.

I've thought all along Jenkins may not make it to the first round. His character issues are serious.

Bizarre. I actually like a Mel Kiper pick? :eek:

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Back