PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

* Ye Official 2012 Mock Draft Thread!! *

Unless he plays DE or OLB you mean ;)

Unless he plays DE or OLB you mean ;)

Ha ha. Great British minds think alike. I actually wrote that exact sentence but deleted it thinking it might be too provocative.

Divestiture

While I do think you are outrageously over the top on most days with the superlatives and overall structure of your post and such, I'll be sad to see you go. When you aren't too far over the top I usually enjoy your posts. And your vocabulary, I don't know whether I love it or hate it. :D

I do regularly go to your site, which I think is user-friendly(although a drop-down menu of the positions to choose from would be an upgrade) and has a lot of good information. Great compilation of many different sources.

Good luck to you wherever you go to next!

Last edited:
Well that's bull****. You're a significant part of why I even post here.

Last edited by a moderator:
*27) New England Patriots (via Saints) - Whitney Mercilus, DE/OLB: Another versatile front seven player the Patriots could add to their defense. The Patriots could look to use Mercilus as a DE in 4-3 sets and an OLB in the 3-4. Mercilus has a lot of talent and has piled on the sacks, but he has done so at the expense of leaving his assignments and leaving himself vulnerable for offenses to run by him. New England could hope to make him more disciplined in their system while taking advantage of his natural physical talent.

*32) New England Patriots - Fletcher Cox, DE/DT: The second versatile front seven player New England selects, but Cox can thrive as a 4-3 DT or a 3-4 DE, Cox has athleticism and superb strength. He has pass rushing moves, but he mostly depended on his bull rush while at Georgia. He is at a good weight for either position, but he's capable of adding more weight at the pro level. Adding him to play next to Mercilus would be a good way for New England to start patching up a poor defense, especially one that generates little pass rush.

i love the picks but incidently Konz and Crick go between our two picks...

Last edited:
Divestiture

Well, that's quite a bummer. I've always enjoyed talking football with you (even though sometimes your writing style has me shaking my head j/k). Hopefully we'll cross cyberpaths in the future. Until then I bid you peace and good luck. GO PATS.

Well that's bull****. You're a significant part of why I even post here.

What is all the fuss about? i enjoy OTG's posts and while his style differs to mine i am checking this site every day for draft news and views.

will be missed mate

Whats going on? Is OTG leaving us?

What is all the fuss about? i enjoy OTG's posts and while his style differs to mine i am checking this site every day for draft news and views.

will be missed mate

Losing a good poster from a land of not good posters. That's what all the fuss is about!

Whats going on? Is OTG leaving us?

I guess because a moderator or two don't understand the value Grid brings to the site.

I guess because a moderator or two don't understand the value Grid brings to the site.

Thats craziness, OTG is a valued contributor to PatsFans, and the heart and soul of the Draft Forum. Don't go OTG, this place won't be the same without you.

Gleaned from Tony Pauline at the Draft Insider

One curious interview that went on for a long, long time was between the New England Patriots and UMass tight end Emil Igwenagu. We hear the Pats, who are loaded at the tight end position, are looking at the UMass senior as a fullback- a position he’s projected to by a number of teams.

Losing a good poster from a land of not good posters. That's what all the fuss is about!

i think you misinterpreted my "whats all the fuss about" friend. I meant what is the situation. Not "stop making a fuss".

Define "Loaded at the TE position". While we have a lot of talent there, we don't have much depth. It's up for interpretation I guess.

Well as I didn't say it, I can't really define it. Just passing on info.

Scott Wright from NFL Draftcountdown has his updated Top 100 rankings out today. Here's a link. If we went by his rankings I could get.

2012 NFL Draft, Overall Rankings - DraftCountdown.com

1a Fletcher Cox de/t - miss st
1b Nick Perry olb/de - usc
2a Donta Hightower - lb - Alabama
2b Brandon Boykin - CB - Georgia or Jayron Housley Va Tech or Casey Hayward - Vandy

Sign Dushon Goldson and our defense is vastly improved.

3 Joe Adams or Jarius Wright - Arkansas

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Back