PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

WR offseason decision

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think Ocho will be cut until he is given the benefit of a full off-season. I think his cut-off point will be at the end of preseason this fall.

I think he is due a $1.5m roster bonus in March, but I agree. I think they'll restructure the bonus giving him a portion of it in March and the rest if he makes the 53man in September. He has admittedly struggled with the playbook and I think the Pats will try to wait until the end of camp to see if their investment might pay off.

I don't want to see a WR drafted before the 4th round and would like to see the first five picks spent on defence.

I think he is due a $1.5m roster bonus in March, but I agree. I think they'll restructure the bonus giving him a portion of it in March and the rest if he makes the 53man in September. He has admittedly struggled with the playbook and I think the Pats will try to wait until the end of camp to see if their investment might pay off.

I don't want to see a WR drafted before the 4th round and would like to see the first five picks spent on defence.

The SB will be the last we see of Ocho on this Patriots Team. A hobbled Gronk played more snaps that a healthy Ocho....that should tell. Ocho will be part of a list of WR's who just CANNOT! figure out our Offense ie...Donald Hayes, Joey Galloway just to name a few. Say goodbye Ocho is dumb as Bricks!

The SB will be the last we see of Ocho on this Patriots Team. A hobbled Gronk played more snaps that a healthy Ocho....that should tell. Ocho will be part of a list of WR's who just CANNOT! figure out our Offense ie...Donald Hayes, Joey Galloway just to name a few. Say goodbye Ocho is dumb as Bricks!

Perhaps the last we see of Ridley and Vereen too then?? Because they didn't see the field in the Superbowl, while underwhelming, but established starters did? I'm not saying it's a certainty Chad will be back, but the fact of the matter is he had no offseason to learn the playbook and build up the trust of his coach and QB. This is not new stuff. We've seen this before. I think there's a much better chance that Chad sees the field next year than a rookie.

Perhaps the last we see of Ridley and Vereen too then?? Because they didn't see the field in the Superbowl, while underwhelming, but established starters did? I'm not saying it's a certainty Chad will be back, but the fact of the matter is he had no offseason to learn the playbook and build up the trust of his coach and QB. This is not new stuff. We've seen this before. I think there's a much better chance that Chad sees the field next year than a rookie.

You know, I've gone back and forth on this and I somewhat agree. It wouldn't shock me if they bring back Ocho with the luxury of having a full offseason under his belt.

A legit No 1 receiver that can stretch field keep it honest opening up more spaces for TEs & Welker not to mention long ball threat again.

RB offseason decision
IMO we need a Dillion/Forte RB. In our championship runs, A.Smith & C.Dillion got BIG yards when we needed it. Running game is nice but nothing to keep D coordinators up all nite figuring out a game plan for.

RB offseason decision
IMO we need a Dillion/Forte RB. In our championship runs, A.Smith & C.Dillion got BIG yards when we needed it. Running game is nice but nothing to keep D coordinators up all nite figuring out a game plan for.

I really cannot express to you how happy I would be if they traded 1 of those firsts for Forte......hes an absolute beast he was like 60% of Chicago offense and he does it with that pitiful line..........OMG that would be the best thing ever......teams would need to respect our run and fear it..........

sorry that was just..........dreamy lol :bricks:

I really cannot express to you how happy I would be if they traded 1 of those firsts for Forte......hes an absolute beast he was like 60% of Chicago offense and he does it with that pitiful line..........OMG that would be the best thing ever......teams would need to respect our run and fear it..........

sorry that was just..........dreamy lol :bricks:

Our words to Bill's eyes. Agreed Forte is a BEAST! Good for 100 yds a game Plus him on screens with our line & TEs blocking would be SCARY. Lloyd would fit nice at WR if not we need a BIG receiver that can muscle up to DBs and make plays over top.

I doubt that, BB have cut his losses before so Nocho Stinko shouldn't be a problem. Some of you Patriot fans love to REACH...i would not like to see Nocho Stinko on this Team next year over a *SMART* Rookie WR. I stressed smart because some Rookie WR's have actually made impact on their respective Teams.

they could not run the football vs a 4 man front and we are talking about WR's ?

Sorry, not couldn't, they just didn't. There's a difference.

The PATS are stacked at running back. We do not need a big money marquee running back, that is not the path back to Super Bowl, its a passing league now. The Vagiants didn't run it down our thoats to win, they passed on us to do it.

Blackmon is going to go to the Rams after they trade down to the browns for 2 1st rounders imo.

I say resign Welker, See if Ocho will restructure to like 1 mill a year, possibly sign Lloyd, and lose branch and pickup a tall strong reciever in FA who can shove those dbs

Edit: And let's see what it would take in a trade for Steven Jackson

No, Branch is better than Ocho I can't learn the offense Cinco. Otherwise I have no problem with your post but Ocho has got to go and I have pulled for him all year long. He's done, goodbye.

Gotta agree with Deus here: DonBlackmon55! in recent years Rookie WR's have been manking impacts on their respective Teams even Fourth Rounders. One thing to note the Patriots have to stop Drafting guys from Gadget Offenses ie...Bethel Johnson and Taylor Price they have Speed but they are dumb as bricks when it comes to route running or adjustments, because they did not come from a pro style Offense. That should go into the Patriots thinking when addressing the position this year.

Rookie WR's have been making impact across the league for quite a few years, whether it is likes of AJ Green, Fitzgerald, Megatron drafted very high, or lower round sleepers like Jennings, Jordy Nelson, Garcon, Mike Wallace(taken 1 pick after college injury prone Brandon Tate)

The problem is Pats have not developed one single WR, and the turnstyle strategy, post 2005 SB win has yielded mostly failures, despite heroic efforts of Brady. He has never had the luxury of Wayne and Harrison ! The one year he did with Moss and Welker, he destroyed the record books !

Chad Jackson was gadget offense WR ? He came Friggin Urban Meyer spread system, BB's bud. So, why could he not comprehend or be developed into Pats spread system ? If the issue is the system requires WR to be on same page as QB, then Moss was worth his weight in gold, since his football IQ and talent were far more valuable to this team and should have been paid the $$ and add other TE pieces rather than bringing ALL TIME PATHETIC DUD like OchoSTINKO and pay him $6Mill

So, rather than paying Moss $10Mill, we paid 6Mill to Stink for his 15 catches, and 2Mill+ to Branch.......10mill vs. approx. 8mill.......

So, tell me , would Pats, Brady have been better off with

Moss-Welker-Branch-Gronk-Hernandez

or were they better off with

Stinko-Branch-Welker-Gronk-Hernandez

In the meaantime, we cut the cord with Tate, Price.....two completely wasted 3rd rounder. Better off trading those third round picks to move up the draft board and grab an impact player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back