PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Would you trade the 14th overall pick for Jerry Jeudy?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Trade #14th overall for Jeudy?

• Yes

• No

• RLKAG

• RLK2G+

Results are only viewable after voting.
Look who we’ve been drafting in the first round recently? Jeudy is already a very good receiver with star potential. That is plenty satisfactory to receive a proven player and need at #14 instead of Isaiah Wynn, Sony Michel, Cole Strange, NKeal Harry…you get the picture. This isn’t the early 2000’s, we’ve done a lot of swinging and missing with first round picks.

If we had a better record with our drafting I’d be more reserved about trading it but we haven’t had one.

Hilarious how every post wishing for a WR1 mentions his name yet not worth a first rounder?

I don't get it. We need a stud WR and whoever that is should be worth a 1st!

That's the issue. We stink at drafting WRs. If we keep the first we should use it for another position.
Cant fire the WR draft dept because its run by BB.

Inexcusable and stubborn to not admit that BB svcks at this.

If the broncos were being offered a first then he would have already been moved imo. Let’s not trade the best first the pats have had in a while for a higher price than anyone else is willing to pay.

A second and Bourne though, I would absolutely do that.

Look who we’ve been drafting in the first round recently? Jeudy is already a very good receiver with star potential. That is plenty satisfactory to receive a proven player and need at #14 instead of Isaiah Wynn, Sony Michel, Cole Strange, NKeal Harry…you get the picture. This isn’t the early 2000’s, we’ve done a lot of swinging and missing with first round picks.

If we had a better record with our drafting I’d be more reserved about trading it but we haven’t had one.

You need a stud with the first round pick who you control for five years. The value of the first rounders is getting a cost controlled player for an extended period of time on a below market contract. That isn’t this guy.

just pull the trigger guv the number 1 up

Offer a Second and Fourth plus a Third next year that should more than get it done.

Yes. He put up close to a 1000 yards with poor QB play, he’s 23 years old, and his 5th year option is reasonable at around 13 mill.

I mean… we did give a second for Sanu after all.
Thanks I don't know why people are harping over Jeudy's Numbers like he was putting up Jonnu Smith's type numbers in Denver. :rolleyes:

Hilarious how every post wishing for a WR1 mentions his name yet not worth a first rounder?

I don't get it. We need a stud WR and whoever that is should be worth a 1st!
Jeudy is not a WR1 though. He's never put up the numbers to make anyone believe he's a #1 either.

He's not even at Tee Higgins level at this point of his career.

Jeudy is not a WR1 though. He's never put up the numbers to make anyone believe he's a #1 either.

Another Alabama product.

I wish BB knew how to draft a WR. Its downright pathetic and yiou would figure after so many busts that BB would hire and fire until a good WR guy was found.

Another Alabama product.

I wish BB knew how to draft a WR. Its downright pathetic and yiou would figure after so many busts that BB would hire and fire until a good WR guy was found.

But that would involve firing one or more of his slappies; and we all know how much our Dear Leader loves having his slappies around, to always tell him how wonderful & GOAT-y he is...

Would never consider bringing in Jeudy unless he agreed to a 4 year contract extension.. as for compensation, if the Pats traded down to the mid -late 20's might be enticing then throw in a Bronco's draft pick..

The Bronco's do not have much draft capital to sweeten the pot:
Round 3, Pick 68
Round 3, Pick 69
Round 4, Pick 108
Round 5, Pick 140
Round 6, Pick 194
Round 7, Pick 247

Then why is he constantly being mentioned to fill WR1 role?

Don't care whether he is or not. However, whoever we think is a WR1 is definitely worth our first pick.

I want nothing to do with a WR from the draft. We suck at it and would take too long to settle in.

Another Alabama product.

Hard to say why the Patriots are so incompetent at picking WRs over the years. But it starts at the top doesn't it? I've heard stories that BB overruled the scouts to select N'Keal Harry during the 2019 draft because he 'liked Harry's interview'. BB can't fire himself, but hopefully he'll use better personnel staff and actually listen to them during the draft now.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back