PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Would you trade for Josh Gordon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we're talking hypothetical trades....

Ridley and a 1st for Adrian Peterson and agreement to restructure his deal?

hehe

Would love to see Gonzo in New England. But it needs to be a late round pick. He doesn't have much time left to play. Maybe one more year after this one. Not sure Atlanta wants to do this unless they are throwing in the towel.

I'm not as sure that it's about ATL and them "throwing in the towel" as much as it's about Tony Gonzalez and his likely decision just to retire instead of uprooting his family for the last 2 months of the season.

It would seem to be kind of a **** move to talk him out of retirement, then to trade him in my opinion. The guy has made plenty of money in the NFL and was talked back into finishing his career with ATL this year at one last chance to get a ring. He recently said that ATL was the only team who he'd continue playing for, which is why he came back. My thought would be that it's more about Gonzalez than it is about the Falcons.

As you say Gordon might not be on the trading block, but it would make no difference if the Browns sent him to us. The Pats aren't in their division and they aren't competing for a playoff spot anytime soon. So the likelihood of them playing against us and Gordon anytime in the near future would be slim to none.

Not sure if you consider December 8th "the near future" or not, but that is when we play Cleveland next ;)

I do understand your point however. They probably wouldn't be playing us on a regular basis anytime soon, which is likely what you meant.

I'm not so sure that the thinking in CLE at the moment is that they are definitely out of the hunt already at 3-4 though. They are currently 2 games out of first place, so I would hope that they are still focused on this season. They have a tough defense and it seems that their only real obstacle is having an adequate QB, which is why they made the switch to Campbell. They are in an excellent position to draft a QB with 4 picks in the first 2 rounds next spring.

Whether or not they value having a WR with good upside to pair with that future franchise QB is anyone's guess, but I would have to imagine that they'd need a very good offer to knock their socks off---unless of course, Gordon is just a headcase with work ethic problems or something.

Hell, I'd give the Browns picks 1, 2 & Mallett for Phil Taylor and Josh Gordon at this point of the season. Also, I realise the Madden pie in the sky nature of that trade.

The only reason I'd do that is I'm not sure the Patriots will improve their DT/NT position through the draft. Outside of Nix, I've soured a little on this draft class.

I think Phil Taylor would fill a huge need for us but I feel it's gonna be difficult to get the Browns to move him if they feel like he's a building block piece for their franchise. He was a 1st round pick (#21) just a couple years ago so he's young and still on his rookie deal.

The Browns seem to be looking to start over “again” and there has been a lot of Twitter speculation about Josh Gordon being available in trade. We obviously need help at wide receiver, however Gordon is a risk due to his past character issues, that aside I would likely still offer the Browns a fourth round draft pick for him and hope he could be this year’s Talib.

What do you all think of Gordon and would you trade for him if you were Belichick?

Browns | Josh Gordon next out the door? - NFL Hot off the Wire

Scout.com: Josh Gordon Impresses At Pro Day

Josh Gordon Stats - Cleveland Browns - ESPN

I am still up for trading for Josh Gordon…

Last week – 14 receptions, 237 receiving yards, 1 touchdown
This week – 10 receptions, 261 receiving yards, 2 touchdowns

Sure thing, and they shouldn't wait until May to take their first rounder, they should just sign the college player they like the most right now.

Browns won't trade Gordon. I want us to draft a physical WR like Evans or trade up for the Clemson kid (but he'll be gone early). I haven't seen enough out of the USC kid to say anything

Sure thing, and they shouldn't wait until May to take their first rounder, they should just sign the college player they like the most right now.

Yeah I don’t know what you said, your need to post have you speaking in riddles.

And what would you trade ( and don't say Amendola ;) )

Browns won't trade Gordon. I want us to draft a physical WR like Evans or trade up for the Clemson kid (but he'll be gone early). I haven't seen enough out of the USC kid to say anything

The trade deadline is long past, there is absolutely no sense in dredging up trade threads when they aren't possible; unless self congratulations are in order...................

Yeah I don’t know what you said, your need to post have you speaking in riddles.

You post more in an afternoon than I do in a month. And there was absolutely no purpose in dredging this thread back up when trades aren't possible other than to try and pat yourself on the back because gordon has been hot for a couple of weeks. Good for you, go buy yourself a trophy.

The trade deadline is long past, there is absolutely no sense in dredging up trade threads when they aren't possible; unless self congratulations are in order...................

Well if we're going to talk about cutting WRs that'll not happen this year, then why not fictional trades?

Well if we're going to talk about cutting WRs that'll not happen this year, then why not fictional trades?

Yep, and it's a shame because this is a really interesting team and there is a lot to talk about yet we get a bunch of fantasy drivel instead. Trades that can't take place and cuts that can't happen. I thought there was a forum for make believe but i guess not.

You post more in an afternoon than I do in a month. And there was absolutely no purpose in dredging this thread back up when trades aren't possible other than to try and pat yourself on the back because gordon has been hot for a couple of weeks. Good for you, go buy yourself a trophy.

I was just pointing out an impressive 2 week stretch by Josh Gordon and used this thread rather than opening a new one. Don’t be so insecure.

Yep, and it's a shame because this is a really interesting team and there is a lot to talk about yet we get a bunch of fantasy drivel instead. Trades that can't take place and cuts that can't happen. I thought there was a forum for make believe but i guess not.

To be fair, forums are largely make believe anyway; a bunch of fans that think they know more than the coaching staff. Aside from a rather silly anti-Amendola obsession, I don't have a problem with Brady6 having opinions - we're all entitled -and he certainly keeps things active and interesting. Be honest, when you go to the front page and you see Brady6 has started a new thread, that's the one you head toward first isn't it? :)

You guys really take things way to personal. Do you know Danny Amendola? Have you ever met him? Unless you have there is absolutely no reason for either of you to be so dramatic and dredge up references to that in every thread.

Manx I am a big fan of yours overall so hopefully we can put this to rest. I think your and excellent poster and extremely knowledgeable, I do think you become a bit to protective of certain players (Tebow/Amendola) but you’re passionate about the sport so I can respect that and the occasional dispute does not bother me.

Ivan I could care less what you have to say to be honest I think you’re the most over emotional irrational poster on this site and I have made efforts to try and get along with you but I can’t do anything to stop your need to make " I am superior and your an idiot" comments constantly so I now give up.

I was just pointing out an impressive 2 week stretch by Josh Gordon and used this thread rather than opening a new one. Don’t be so insecure.

"Insecure" is the one who has to say i told you so. I am not the one doing that. You could have simply commented that Gordon was playing well in the thread for other games, instead you chose to dredge up a trade thread and say "I would trade for Josh Gordon," as if it were still possible.

I suppose i should cut you a break, the seniors are probably picking on you quite a bit.

You guys really take things way to personal. Do you know Danny Amendola? Have you ever met him? Unless you have there is absolutely no reason for either of you to be so dramatic and dredge up references to that in every thread.

Manx I am a big fan of yours overall so hopefully we can put this to rest. I think your and excellent poster and extremely knowledgeable, I do think you become a bit to protective of certain players (Tebow/Amendola) but you’re passionate about the sport so I can respect that and the occasional dispute does not bother me.

Ivan I could care less what you have to say to be honest I think you’re the most over emotional irrational poster on this site and I have made efforts to try and get along with you but I can’t do anything to stop your need to make " I am superior and your an idiot" comments constantly so I now give up.

We aren't the ones making thousands of posts to hammer an agenda, you are.

Ivan I could care less what you have to say to be honest I think you’re the most over emotional irrational poster on this site and I have made efforts to try and get along with you but I can’t do anything to stop your need to make I think I am superior ******** comments constantly so I now give up and will treat you how you treat me.

It's not about being protective, it's about being realistic. I was intrigued by Tebow (and never claimed more than that) and am not ready to give up on a significant signing after a handful of games like you are (just like BB won't be). And you'll note that I stayed out of the seemingly half dozen Amendola threads that seemed to get started this past week.

Still one screw up away from being gone for a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back