PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Would you trade for Josh Gordon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cassel's been demoted to 3rd string because of the Freeman addition. If the Patriots can get Gordon for Mallett and Cassel for a low draft pick, the gamble of that lost year is only against one year of Mallett as a back up. That's a gamble I'd be more than comfortable with.

If it would cost Mallett and more, the "more" would need to be looked at.
I'd pull the trigger on Mallet for Gordon in a second. Not that the Browns think Mallet is somehow the QB of the future. More like an average backup.

Cassel's been demoted to 3rd string because of the Freeman addition. If the Patriots can get Gordon for Mallett and Cassel for a low draft pick, the gamble of that lost year is only against one year of Mallett as a back up. That's a gamble I'd be more than comfortable with.

If it would cost Mallett and more, the "more" would need to be looked at.

Would you be fine with the "more" being a 3rd rounder?

It sucks he's one incident away from a lifetime ban, because he may be a top 5-10 WR with a real QB. That's really tempting, and I can see why a few teams have offers for him.

I would not give up anything for a Diva WR who is 1 strike away from a year long suspension.

Would you be fine with the "more" being a 3rd rounder?

If I'm giving up a high round pick along with Mallett, I'm either looking to get more back or I'm looking to add Phil Taylor as part of a larger package deal. Of course, I'm sure BB has a much better grasp of Mallett's trade value (re: Lombardi) than I do. I'm just guesstimating based upon the perception of Lombardi's love of Mallett.

Especially given as bad as the Vikings offense was tonight, Cassel may not be available. The Vikings might be more wary of Freeman, and less inclined (if they ever were inclined) to trade Matt away, after this debacle.

Especially given as bad as the Vikings offense was tonight, Cassel may not be available. The Vikings might be more wary of Freeman, and less inclined (if they ever were inclined) to trade Matt away, after this debacle.

Despite any personal opinions of Freeman, I was rather surprised that MIN chose to throw him in there right off the bat. I would have thought that either one of Cassel or Ponder would have been better options, at least for the next game or two anyway.

Then again, I tend to think that Freeman is severely overrated, so I may be letting my bias come into play.

I'd pull the trigger on Mallet for Gordon in a second. Not that the Browns think Mallet is somehow the QB of the future. More like an average backup.

From CLE's perspective, they may choose to add another "capable" QB prior to the draft just to allow for some competition where the loser plays the backup role for 2014.

Either way, I think we'd all be outright shocked if they didn't make a big move in terms of selecting a first round QB and/or even trading up to do so. This thinking may/may not have been part of the Richardson deal.

I see the Browns much like this year's KC team in many areas. They've had a halfway decent defense for awhile now, and even have a playmaker or two on the offensive side of the ball. Where they are lacking of course, is at the QB position. The addition of a viable QB could go a long way towards making them competitive again, or at least on the cusp of a .500 record anyway.

I don't think Gordon is going anywhere and if he does it isn't to a team in the AFC.

do the browns have a RG or C they want to trade

I can't back the poster or his source(s), but I did just read this on another forum:

Latest I've heard poking around the water cooler

Interest building in NE trading for TG from Atlanta for a 4th.

Chiefs name popping up some more for
GORDON
&
Nicks (NyG)
Nicks in exchange for a 3rd- his agent would push for Indy, whose also interested, and based on QB situation he'd have no problem doing an extension with Indy, not nearly as likely with KC.

Shefter report yesterday was purposeful leak by Cleveland yesterday bc their not liking the initial offers and hoping to ante the pot up, and get the 3rd team and any other team that might be interested to come to the table.

1 offer was Mallet and a #2 in exchange for Gordon and a conditional 3rd or 4th rounder.

Word is floating that Jax WR Justin Blackmon is on the table for teams looking to inquire.

That's all I've got for now. ..

ChiefsPlanet - View Single Post - Football Rumors: cleveland looks to trade more players: Josh Gordon

Again, I can't vouch for the poster, and I obviously can't vouch for his sources, but I thought it might fit here at least as a rumor....

I can't back the poster or his source(s), but I did just read this on another forum:

ChiefsPlanet - View Single Post - Football Rumors: cleveland looks to trade more players: Josh Gordon

Again, I can't vouch for the poster, and I obviously can't vouch for his sources, but I thought it might fit here at least as a rumor....

Thanks for the update, Deus.

Personally, I would have a hard time believing that Bill Belichick would roll the dice on trading our only backup, but that's just my opinion. On top of that, I'd also have a hard time believing that Belichick would be okay with bringing in another outside WR (what basically equates to a rookie) for Brady, Belichick, O'Shea, and McDaniels to coddle at this particular moment.

Who knows though? With this team anything is always possible.

We could certainly use another player at the trade deadline for certain positions (and obviously prior to the season starting, but that's another story), and as fans it would be exciting news.

If Blackmon is actually on the table... i will play. He is a legit number 1 receiver in the NFL. No idea what the asking price Would be tho

If Blackmon is actually on the table... i will play. He is a legit number 1 receiver in the NFL. No idea what the asking price Would be tho
You'd have to wonder what a team would be looking for with a player who was taken in the top 5 and has shown legitimate signs of being a beast at the NFL level.

Trade the entire draft, 1 and whatever for Blackmon, 2 and whatever for Gordon, 3 or 4 and whatever for Gonzalez. Brady deserves better than the hot garbage at receiver he has now.

Then again, better save those picks so they can draft Rutgers 7th string safety in the 2nd and a backup long snapper in the 3rd in next years draft.

Blackmon is at the Jax Beach bars more than I am on the weekends and is consistently hammered. At least now he's not driving. I would not want him or Josh Gordon. Now, Tony Gonzalez and/or Nicks? DO WANT.

This.

Folks, smarter and harder working vet WR's couldn't learn the Patriots route tree mid season. What gives anyone ANY indication this Gordon kid can?

Gonzo is a far better option and would cost less.

Would love to see Gonzo in New England. But it needs to be a late round pick. He doesn't have much time left to play. Maybe one more year after this one. Not sure Atlanta wants to do this unless they are throwing in the towel.

I don't think Gordon is going anywhere and if he does it isn't to a team in the AFC.

As you say Gordon might not be on the trading block, but it would make no difference if the Browns sent him to us. The Pats aren't in their division and they aren't competing for a playoff spot anytime soon. So the likelihood of them playing against us and Gordon anytime in the near future would be slim to none.

I would love to see Blackmon on the Pats, he is a BEAST.
I'm originally from Oklahoma and have heard from many sources that he is a functioning alcoholic though... :(

I'm originally from Oklahoma and have heard from many sources that he is a functioning alcoholic though... :(

Ouch. Red flag. BIG RED FLAG!

When he first came to the Jacksonville he used to hang out at the beach bars and get absolutely obliterated. Not too long after that, he got a DUI. I've since seen him back out there recently more and more often. He's definitely a heavy drinker when he's out. Not sure if it's bad enough to be a functioning alcoholic, though.

Blackmon is at the Jax Beach bars more than I am on the weekends and is consistently hammered. At least now he's not driving. I would not want him or Josh Gordon. Now, Tony Gonzalez and/or Nicks? DO WANT.

Chris Snee and Hakeem Nicks for 2th and 6th picks sounds good to me

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Back