PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Would you sign Incognito?

Status
Not open for further replies.
He'd be on his best behavior for sure. Belichick loves players redeeming themselves.

No. Incognito is a POS and makes Albert Haynesworth look like a stellar citizen.

You want a player who can play the game. However, the character of the player is also another important aspect. I feel Incognito is a bad role model and has issues he needs to work on. Thus, I say No to signing Incognito.

There are already alot of Good role models in the NFL. However, I feel we need more good role models in the NFL.

Good Guy Award-The Good Guy Award is given out by the Pro Football Writers Association in each NFL city to the player(s) who best helps the media do its job. In the 2012 season, Incognito was awarded this honor by the South Florida Chapter of the Pro Football Writers Association, alongside teammate Reggie Bush.

Apparently "helping the media do it's job" is giving them something to write about.

This has been the one and only entertaining aspect of the whole fiasco. The Jeff Darlington's and Ben Volin's of the world embarrassing themselves trying to continue the idea that he is a great guy because he fed them quotes for his stories.

Never. Good teams are made of professional football players.

Incognito is an idiot racist mysogynist who spends his time focused on his texting device and being "the big dog" in the locker room, not on making his team and teammates better. Were the Dolphins a better football team because Richie Incognito was on their roster?

The Patriots should stay focused on bringing in football players, not guys like Ochocinco, Tebow or Incognito who have personal agendas that place football somewhere far down the list of their priorities.

cannon was not the #1 RG at any point.
The team has consistently played him almost exclusively at T. He has played G only in a pinch.

This is what I was referring to in my post.

Patriots third-year OL Marcus Cannon opened training camp as the starting right guard.
He appears to have overtaken Dan Connolly, who can play both guard and center and will now be the top interior backup. New England quietly finished second in the NFL in rushing attempts in 2012, and Cannon's promotion may indicate a greater lean on their power-running offense. Cannon is a 358-pound mauler. Sat, Jul 27, 2013 02:00:00 PM
Source: Boston Globe

He's got character issues and is in his 30s, why would we sign him.

This is what I was referring to in my post.

How much value do you put on speculation from what was seen on the first day of camp that turned out to be wrong?

How much value do you put on speculation from what was seen on the first day of camp that turned out to be wrong?

I am not sure it was wrong, he suffered an injury and Connolly returned.

That aside, I do not see any benefit in us debating the logistics. I believe Cannon can start at RG and perform at a high level. Should I assume you do not agree?

You mean like how every year starting with 2004's training camp they would always have Eugene Wilson playing one of the starting CB spots the first week of camp?

I miss that annual thread.

I am not sure it was wrong, he suffered an injury and Connolly returned.

That aside, I do not see any benefit in us debating the logistics. I believe Cannon can start at RG and perform at a high level. Should I assume you do not agree?

Since he never was the starting RG, the speculation on day 1 of camp that he was, would be, by definition, wrong.

You can assume whatever you want. I'm talking about what is actual. Cannon has been a T since he was drafted and only played G in a pinch.

You want a player who can play the game. However, the character of the player is also another important aspect. I feel Incognito is a bad role model and has issues he needs to work on. Thus, I say No to signing Incognito.

There are already alot of Good role models in the NFL. However, I feel we need more good role models in the NFL.

Nice post. Thank you. Your faith is strong.
As far as Team goes , BB is of the school everyone deserves a second chance or he would not take a shot at Haynesworth.

Albert had his second chance. I don't think he took it up to where it could be. It was more or less his last shot.

I think Bill relates to Vets much more anyway. He gets a lot out of the Moss, Vrable and Harrisons.

BB is tough. He may be arrogant, but if you can play and toe the line, he will give you a shot. He enjoys getting people to play for him who have hurt him in the past. How did Incognito play against us, would be my thought. Is he a better O Lineman than Wendall or Connelly?

Incognito might be a great signing. The Pats were not a tough Team on the O Line in 2013.

If not Incognito they would like Mack, but the Browns have CAP money to overpay him.

Jon Asamoah would be an excellent Guard to Team with Mankins. "He is only 25 years old and has logged over 1,000 snaps in each of the last two seasons, while achieving a Pro Football Focus rating of 15 last year 2012 and 8.9 in 2011.He has good footwork, strong athleticism and a high football IQ". But he will cost.

Incognito might be reasonable. We need an O Lineman, and is Incognito is better than Connelly? I would rather cut Connelly at $3mm and give half to Incognito on a one year.

If Incognito is released he is rated as the 6th best FA O Lineman.

Would BB help him redeem his Game or name? No one knows what really happened. It would be ashamed if his reputation as a hard ass/knucklehead made him guilty before fact.

He might star here. Two others are Delmas and Sidney Rice who will be cut. Delmas was playing FS and should have been SS. Might be a great pairing with McCourty. His rep was tainted in Detroit. He is still young and better than any Safety we have on the roster other than McCourty.....and we can sign him now. He is fragile but played well and the whole 2013 season. He was a CAP cut.

Rice will be a CAP cut. His moves and athleticism were most similar to Moss at 6'4" with speed and jumps. When healthy he is a superstar WR. Most people do not know he is only 27 maybe his health issues are all done for his career.

There are three that deserve a second chance to show they are good football players. I think Richie would tone it down a notch.

DW Toys

With the Wells report now out and saying not only was the harrasment and bullying of Martin true but that Incognito (and some other players) directed similar actions towards an assistant trainer I think we can close the door on this idea - if it wasn't already closed.

No. The guy is a douche.

With the Wells report now out and saying not only was the harrasment and bullying of Martin true but that Incognito (and some other players) directed similar actions towards an assistant trainer I think we can close the door on this idea - if it wasn't already closed.

The door was never open to begin with. The report doesn't make incognito look good at all. I'm listening to Mut& Loui and there are ripping into incognito.

Since he never was the starting RG, the speculation on day 1 of camp that he was, would be, by definition, wrong.

You can assume whatever you want. I'm talking about what is actual. Cannon has been a T since he was drafted and only played G in a pinch.

Basically you don't want to discuss whether or not Cannon could start at RG. You just want to argue who is right or wrong, well if it means that much to you, you can be right.

I'm really trying to make an effort to eliminate the animosity between us Andy, some effort on your end would go a long way.

Well there goes Richie's career. The stuff about shooting black people is so completely terrible there is nothing that can be said about it.

Basically you don't want to discuss whether or not Cannon could start at RG. You just want to argue who is right or wrong, well if it means that much to you, you can be right.

I'm really trying to make an effort to eliminate the animosity between us Andy, some effort on your end would go a long way.

Umm, i made an effort by taking you off ignore. If it will lead to more of this, I'll reverse it.
My position is that BB appears to see Cannon as a T. I did not take your blurb of speculation as a reason to change that opinion.
I'm not sure why this deserves any more attention than that. I don't see value in discussing players changing positions unless there is an indication its realistic.

Umm, i made an effort by taking you off ignore. If it will lead to more of this, I'll reverse it.

My position is that BB appears to see Cannon as a T. I did not take your blurb of speculation as a reason to change that opinion.

I'm not sure why this deserves any more attention than that. I don't see value in discussing players changing positions unless there is an indication its realistic.

Well why wouldn't it be realistic. He started and played well in Vollmer's absence. Wendell is a UFA and Connolly being cut offers cap relief.

Cannon is a early round talent that dropped due to cancer, he has proven capable at the NFL level of being a starter, I can't see any reason not to use him at RG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes