PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Would you sign Incognito?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd want to see the conclusion of the investigation first. But, I'd consider it. It looks to me like while he isn't the sharpest tool in the shed, he's been framed for the Martin story. He's not the best character to have on the team but, he'd add toughest to the line. If pats think they can handle him he'd probably come cheap.

Solder-Mankins-Connolly-Incognito-Vollmer

Talk about a great, scary, massive OL.

Solder-Mankins-Connolly-Incognito-Vollmer

Talk about a great, scary, massive OL.

I would rather give Marcus Cannon the starting RG job; I think he can be a force. He played very well at RT in Vollmer’s place.

I would take a look at Incognito as a depth player however, or insurance if Cannon cannot play inside.

My god if you people saw the text messages I share with my friends and my wife you'd assume I was worse than Hitler or something.

Intent matters. I'm not gonna defend Incognito, per se, but that was clearly a dark humor joke. The only alternative is to assume Incognito wanted to assist a teammate in killing a woman in which case you shouldn't be debating him being on the team you should be posting that he needs to go to prison for conspiracy to commit murder.

Otherwise it was a joke. Maybe not to your taste but intent matters.

Imagine if that text was to Hernandez.:)

No thank you. I disliked him quite a bit before all this crap with the Dolphins. I would be disappointed if the Patriots pursue him.

I want to know the results of the investigations before giving that a definite yes or no. The pairing of him and Mankins at guard definitely intrigues me, though.

It would be a good move to improve the Team, so yes. He has been rated as pretty decent. Right Guard was a week spot. Some have him rated as the sixth best O Line FA.
His tweets and crap are still a lot of he said, she said. No real smoking gun this guy has an inheritant issue.
DW Toys

I would rather give Marcus Cannon the starting RG job; I think he can be a force. He played very well at RT in Vollmer’s place.

I would take a look at Incognito as a depth player however, or insurance if Cannon cannot play inside.

I'm a huge Cannon supporter, but there's no way he'd start at guard ahead of Richie Incognito.

Cannon doesn't have the run blocking skills to play inside. He is best suited for tackle. Were he is a top backup. If Solder gets hurt, Volmer moves to LT and Cannon plays RT. If Volmer gets injured Cannon can start at RT.
Connolly will be moved to Center. Kline should be a good backup guard.

After reading through the texts, I would be a-okay with the Pats taking him. They weren't any worse than you'd expect from the average 20-something guys. I've had text exchanges that were as bad or worse than anything in the stuff that got released.

Yes.

The dude is huge. Getting carried away about text messages between grown men is ridiculous and sad.

They tried tebow now try incognito. Can't be worse than tebow.

No, mainly because he's overrated and frankly, I don't think he's as good as people believe. The performance has never met the reputation in my eyes.

No way. He is just too much of an arse on the field and that isn't something that will change. He's good for about a half dozen personal fouls per year, which wouldn't go over well.

I just don't care what type of a person someone is if they play for our team. Unless he's committed a crime then I'm open to it.

I used to care but then I got let down and I realized it is stupid to care about the character of a person who plays a child's game. All that matters if if he's good enough to be worth his contract and doesn't disrupt the locker room.

Totally agree.
I do not care anything about the players on the Patriots other than them making the team better. If Hernandez got out on bail and could have helped win a SB, I say let him play. My being a fan of the team is not implicit support of the character of who is wearing the laundry.
Now, if I lived in the community, I would probably feel differently.

If Hernandez got out on bail and could have helped win a SB, I say let him play.

I draw the line at that. Someone lost their life. Nothing is ever worth that.

I draw the line at that. Someone lost their life. Nothing is ever worth that.

Probably true, and probably embellishment to make my point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes