PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Would you sign Incognito?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I draw the line at that. Someone lost their life. Nothing is ever worth that.

He would have never gotten bail on a murder one charge so if he were out on bail he would be pending trial for different charges so I would let him play too.

Innocent until proven guilty is how it is supposed to be, not that I support Hernandez as a person but we as Americans promote having the greatest justice system in the world but we all consistently go against the primary positive of it which is the presumption of innocence.

He would have never gotten bail on a murder one charge so if he were out on bail he would be pending trial for different charges so I would let him play too.

Innocent until proven guilty is how it is supposed to be, not that I support Hernandez as a person but we as Americans promote having the greatest justice system in the world but we all consistently go against the primary positive of it which is the presumption of innocence.

presumed innocent only means you cannot convict without proving guilt. It does not mean no consequences until the trial is complete.

presumed innocent only means you cannot convict without proving guilt. It does not mean no consequences until the trial is complete.

There are consequences of course but we all presume Hernandez is guilty, heck even I do, but the reality is we have not even heard his side of the story, nor have we seen anything to support what the DA read at his arraignment.

There are consequences of course but we all presume Hernandez is guilty, heck even I do, but the reality is we have not even heard his side of the story, nor have we seen anything to support what the DA read at his arraignment.

WE do not have to presume his innocence.
That is only required of the jury before they hear the first piece of evidence.

Of course there is not a shred of doubt.

Cannon doesn't have the run blocking skills to play inside. He is best suited for tackle. Were he is a top backup. If Solder gets hurt, Volmer moves to LT and Cannon plays RT. If Volmer gets injured Cannon can start at RT.
Connolly will be moved to Center. Kline should be a good backup guard.

I must have missed the struggling as a run blocker plays. Cannon had one of the best grades of any RT in the NFL as a run blocker. You don’t send Cannon to the bench after he proved he can be a very good NFL starter this past season.

No way I'd sign Incognito.

WE do not have to presume his innocence.
That is only required of the jury before they hear the first piece of evidence.

Of course there is not a shred of doubt.

Really, you do not think there is a shred of doubt. You truly believe that. Do you think the DA would be arresting his fiancé, cousin, summoning college teammates from Florida, and attempting to decode his jail house calls if they felt secure with their case? When is the last time you saw that type of effort for a shooting? Two bodies in 2012 went unsolved without so much as a mention for a year until Hernandez name popped into and then it was a 3-4 state investigation.

I am not suggesting Hernandez is innocent because as I said I believe he is not but to say there is not a shred of doubt is a brash overstatement.

That said not my point, I was agreeing with you if he was out on bail let him play. I do not want to get into a Hernandez discussion.

I must have missed the struggling as a run blocker plays. Cannon had one of the best grades of any RT in the NFL as a run blocker. You don’t send Cannon to the bench after he proved he can be a very good NFL starter this past season.

Grades? Watch the Ravens game. Cannon will get playing time. He is a top backup and the patriots will use 6 OL sets. If they were going to move Cannon to Guard why not last year, cutting Connolly would have served as nice cap relief. Cannon has never played Guard in is collegiate or pro career. I do not see the fit at G.

Grades? Watch the Ravens game. Cannon will get playing time. He is a top backup and the patriots will use 6 OL sets. If they were going to move Cannon to Guard why not last year, cutting Connolly would have served as nice cap relief. Cannon has never played Guard in is collegiate or pro career. I do not see the fit at G.

Cannon took snaps at guard in 2012.

No no no no no no no no no no no no no.

Cannon has played at RG in 2012 and 2013. He was the #1 RG throughout training camp prior to suffering an injury which also correlated with Connolly returning from offseason surgery. He can absolutely play there.

Cannon was playing with an ankle injury against the Ravens and still played a good ball game.

I'm a huge Cannon supporter, but there's no way he'd start at guard ahead of Richie Incognito.

Incognito is going to be 31 in July he is on a downswing and Cannon is on an upswing. I think we need to see what we have in Cannon this season, he deserves a chance to start, and RG is the only fit if the other starters are healthy.

in·cog·ni·to [in-kog-nee-toh, in-kog-ni-toh] adjective

1. having one's identity concealed, as under an assumed name, especially to avoid notice or formal attentions.

Talk about a name that doesn't fit the man. It should be hyphenated with "antithesis"

2007 season-Incognito played and started at right guard for four games after being inactive for the first four weeks of the season. In early November, Incognito suffered a knee injury that forced him to miss the remainder of season. However, while rehabilitating, it was later revealed that he had been partying nightly

2009 season-On April 17, 2009, the Rams offered Incognito a one-year tender worth $1.01 million, which he signed on May 3. Incognito started all nine games in which he played for the Rams in 2009. On December 13, during the first half of a 47-7 loss to the Tennessee Titans, Incognito drew two 15-yard penalties for headbutting Titans players. Head coach Steve Spagnuolo benched him for the second half, and the two got into a heated confrontation on the sidelines. It was the second time Incognito had been benched for losing his composure; he'd been pulled from the season opener against Seattle for two personal fouls. However, the Titans incident was the last straw; the Rams waived him two days after the game. In 2013, former Rams general manager Billy Devaney told ESPN that Spagnuolo had given Incognito numerous chances to clean up his act, and had put him on notice that the Rams would cut ties with him if he couldn't control his anger.

The two personal fouls led to a $50,000 fine from the NFL and a letter from the league office warning him that "future infractions of the types you have committed may lead to increased disciplinary action up to and including suspension." In four years with the Rams from 2006 to 2009, Incognito drew 38 penalties, including seven unnecessary roughness calls, more than any other player during that span.

2009 NFL's "Dirtiest" Player-Incognito has garnered attention over the years for perceived dirty play amongst NFL players, coaches, and fans. He has been alleged to have gouged players' eyes, punched players, and made illegal tackles on a regular basis. In 2009, NFL players voted Incognito as the dirtiest player in the league, according to a Sporting News poll

2012 season-During the Dolphins' annual celebrity golf tournament at the Turnberry Isle Resort and Club in Aventura, Florida, a drunken Incognito harassed a female volunteer at the club. He rubbed her private parts with a golf club, pressed his private parts against her buttocks and dumped water in her face. The matter was referred to Dolphins security. Although former Dolphins wide receiver Nat Moore apologized to her, the volunteer filed a police report after Incognito didn't personally apologize; the matter was later settled after she signed a confidentiality agreement. This incident didn't come to public light until November 2013. Dolphins coach Joe Philbin subsequently confirmed that the Dolphins were aware of the situation, and had taken "immediate action" in response; he didn't elaborate.

2013 season-On November 4, 2013, the Dolphins suspended Incognito indefinitely for alleged misconduct related to the treatment of teammate Jonathan Martin, who left the team a week earlier to receive help for emotional issues. Incognito's conduct was said to be detrimental to the team.

Somehow he also managed to garner this-

Good Guy Award-The Good Guy Award is given out by the Pro Football Writers Association in each NFL city to the player(s) who best helps the media do its job. In the 2012 season, Incognito was awarded this honor by the South Florida Chapter of the Pro Football Writers Association, alongside teammate Reggie Bush.

Apparently "helping the media do it's job" is giving them something to write about. You could say he's a guy you hate on another team but love to have him when he's on yours, but he's no Rodney Harrison. He couldn't pull this kind of crap in NE. I'd take him on the one strike your out plan. At 31 he's still got some in the tank and he'll probably get one more shot somewhere. If not the WWE could always use a new villain.

How do you think he did?
It wasn't good, but his issues seemed to be mostly mental, particularly picking up the blitz. Looking at Cannon at guard compared to Cannon at tackle, you wouldn't think they were the same guy. Of course, his real time at guard came as an in-game backup when Connolly was concussed and it came against a tough blitzing team in the Saints.

Would you trade for Jonathan Martin?

I would rather focus on getting a very solid center. I am tired of seeing Wendell continually overpowered and driven back into the pocket.

Cannon has played at RG in 2012 and 2013. He was the #1 RG throughout training camp prior to suffering an injury which also correlated with Connolly returning from offseason surgery. He can absolutely play there.

Cannon was playing with an ankle injury against the Ravens and still played a good ball game.

cannon was not the #1 RG at any point.
The team has consistently played him almost exclusively at T. He has played G only in a pinch.

He'll be a talented FA, has an attitude problem, but has more or less been shown to not be the bully Martin made him to be.

Should he come relatively cheap, would you take him at RG? A guard tandem of Mankins and Incognito would be far and away one of the nastiest in the league.

Hell no. We don't need anymore drama in the lockerroom after the AH debacle. I'm not going to hire a widely known racist, bully, and rookie hazer. Sorry, but no thanks!!

How do you think he did?

He only took about 12 snaps, so there's not a lot to look at. I only mentioned it to dispel this notion that "He's NEVER played guard!". He's practiced at guard and was looking like he might be the starter for a while. In the end, Connolly kept the job, but it's not as if Cannon would be going in blind if he took over the spot next season.

Personally, if the investigations don't show anything beyond what we've already seen, I'd hope BB would take a serious look at Incognito. I could see an offensive line that looked something like

Solder
Mankins
Rookie C/Vet backup (or Connolly on a position switch, or Wendell with the expectation that he'd be overtaken by the rookie during the year)
Incognito
Vollmer

with Cannon having one more year as a backup swing man (ORT/ORG) before moving him into that starting ORG spot next season.

It's pre-combine, and there's a lot of time to re-think things, but right now I'd like to see the draft break down with

DT
TE
OC

as the Patriots first 3 picks, in that order.

If they combined that with the Incognito signing, the Patriots would have youth, or in prime players, for LT/RT/OC/ORG (Cannon), moving through 2014 and 2015, while firming up the DT rotation and picking up the needed TE2. At that point, the offensive needs would, essentially, be to just re-sign players (Blount/Edelman/Hooman), and maybe bring in a WR3 (i.e. Cotchery), which would allow the team to focus the rest of its efforts on the defensive side of the ball*.

*Assuming the Patriots are confident that Amendola and Gronk will bounce back at 100%, and one of the 3 puppies will be ready to be the WR2 and a legit middle-deep threat on the outside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News