Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Who would you rather add?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
T.O. Definitely! Marshall costs too much with the headaches he would probably bring...... my lousy .02

Which would you rather do:

(A) Trade a pick for Marshall, who is younger, and potentially a #1 a couple years from now, or
(B) Sign TO, who is older, and use one of the 2011 firsts on a potential #1?

I like you angled the question here with your italics on "potential" for Marshall, but not for Owens.

Even though Marshall is far superior to Owens right now. And I mean FAR SUPERIOR.

Gee, I wonder who you voted for...:rolleyes:

If you don't want Marshall because it costs too much, fine.

But if you don't want Marshall and your only reason is because he might be a "headache" than it is COMPLETELY hypocritical to turn around and say you want Owens.

T.O. and it's not even close. Any smart gambling man would say the same. T.O. doesn't have a suspension hanging over his head the next time something goes wrong when he makes it rain at the club or decides to slap his wife. As far as gambling goes, T.O. is the safer one. With Marshall, not only are you going to be gambling big bucks, but you'd also be gambling a first round draft pick to take the chance that he will play nice with the coach AND make it through a season or two without having something happen to him off the football field. With T.O., you keep the first rounder and only have to shell out a one year contract for small money with incentives and you get the perfect compliment to Moss for next to nothing with the ability to cut or deactivate him if he starts down the road that he's been down with Dallas, Philly, and San Francisco.

As far as bets go, T.O. is a much safer bet. It's essentially a low risk, high reward situation. But I'm not living in la-la land. I do not expect the team to bring him in at all.

TO without a doubt, save the pick, less money and only one year of potential drama... So what number would he be? 18?

TO and use the first elsewhere. Before next year's draft we will know the status of both Moss and Welker, and also how much we can count on Edelman and Tate.

This.

Very accurate, and very true.

How about Javon Walker? Just heard him on Sirius and said he would love to play for the Patriots. Says he's healthy and ready to go.

Any interest in him?

How about Javon Walker? Just heard him on Sirius and said he would love to play for the Patriots. Says he's healthy and ready to go.

Any interest in him?

Def. don't see why not. I don't think anyone would be against the Pats giving him a look to see if he's still got talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes