PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Would have Like to seen a D player in 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPatBoy

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Do we have to draft a TE on Day 1 every year. The first 2 picks were awesome, but this pick really makes no sense to me. I actually believe we are OK in the secondary and of course DL, but we need some LB's.

I was thinking the same thing...

although this guy Thomas looks pretty good (caught 10 passes in national championship game?). The only thing I can think of is BB made Tedy B. take Monty Beisel home for the winter to knock some brains into him. What can we be thinking at LB? Are we going to the 4-3?

I agree.........

SCPatBoy said:
Do we have to draft a TE on Day 1 every year. The first 2 picks were awesome, but this pick really makes no sense to me. I actually believe we are OK in the secondary and of course DL, but we need some LB's.

The reasons behind this pick are known ONLY to BB/Pioli........drafting a "non blocking" tight end doesn't make alot of sense right now...but I am sure it will later! GO PATS!!!!!!

There were some good safties out there also. Ko Simpson is a great Safety and is going to be a player in the NFL!

The guy looked really good in the NCAA Champ game. Besides, BB said this year there is an unusual amount of LB's that fit the Pat's system, so I guess he feels he can still get one of them in the later rounds.

I agree. We have every right to question those fools Pioli and Belichick.

WE'RE DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED!

I don't love the pick, but I trust them. Agree with the thread, though - would have preferred a D player in 3rd round. I guess, given our need for LB/CB, that this pick says something about how highly Belioli rates Thomas.

Besides Safety Ko Simpson, Dwayne Slay and Darnell Bing are also sitting out there.

Having seen your list of defensive players, I would have choisen a TE also. IMHO, we have no need for a safety, no matter how much posters here at kffl want one. I might have chosen Harylson or Anderson, but we do need a TE.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft