PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Would getting Peppers be a bad sign?

Status
Not open for further replies.
two things, coincidentally, that I have NEVER done...and in all probability...WILL never do...
icon9.gif

Same here. But maybe we have a chance to win a supermodel and bang the lottery?

Bang a supermodel covered in lottery tickets? :eek:

1. Age. With the Taylor, Galloway and Springs signings, it seems like there is more of a short-term focus than in years past.

No. BB is just trying to upgrade areas of concern given the opportunity to do so.

Is BB reving up for a 2-3 year run as his last hurrah? In that case, it would make sense to go for the 29 year old Peppers rather than a younger but potentially longer-term OLB solution through the draft
Acquiring one of the NFL's better players vs drafting an unproven prospect is a no-brainer. And besides, how do you know BB still won't add more youth to the position? Crable (if he develops) represents the future, and he was a third-rounder. There was never any evidence or guarantee to begin with that Mr. Binky or whomever was/is a Pats target -- so where's the loss?

Again, if BB is looking at the next 2-3 years as his swan song then it would make sense to do this kind of move;
Well, we could spend the next 2-3 years worried about it -- but we'd miss the ride.

I hope I'm being paranoid about this.
You're not. I just wish fans would take it one season at a time, keep their hands out of the Pats wallets, and trust that the FO always has the future in mind, yet is able to focus on winning NOW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes