PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Would anyone kick the tires on RB Arian Foster?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Roster size in camp is 90. If my grandmother is available, kick the tires.

Roster size in camp is 90. If my grandmother is available, kick the tires.

If her 3-cone is under 7 seconds and has good cover skills she'll get a phone call for sure

Dude.

Foster's APC was 2.6. :eek:

So, yeah...If by "gamechanging" you mean "Drive Killing", yeah: He was "gamechanging". ;)

He was also coming off an injury and playing on a putrid team with a QB no one respected and caught 22 balls for 10.3 yards per reception in less than 4 games, which extrapolates to over 88 in a 16 game season (not a likely scenario, but still a huge number). In 2014 he averaged 4.8 yards per carry, and, like a Dillon, he was the only offensive weapon on a series of bad teams that went further than they should have because of him.

Historically, Foster's a better pure runner than Forte and Forte a better receiver, but both have been among the top options at their position no later than 2014.

Forte would be my top choice, but Foster would be a decent consolation prize.

He was also coming off an injury and playing on a putrid team with a QB no one respected and caught 22 balls for 10.3 yards per reception in less than 4 games, which extrapolates to over 88 in a 16 game season (not a likely scenario, but still a huge number). In 2014 he averaged 4.8 yards per carry, and, like a Dillon, he was the only offensive weapon on a series of bad teams that went further than they should have because of him.

Historically, Foster's a better pure runner than Forte and Forte a better receiver, but both have been among the top options at their position no later than 2014.

Dude.

I
could get 2.6 Yards Per Carry...just by falling down.

saying they can't afford a 3-4 million a season player is simply ignorant.

A player that would likely only cost no more than $2.5m cap space in the 1st year if it is a multi year deal...

I agree they use 2 LB frequently but they still need at least 3 quality starters for 4-3 and 4 if they want to go 3-4 and to handle injuries. I'm not sure why but their LBs seem to get hurt more than any other unit on the defense and I would love to see them sign one in free agency and draft one.

Wonder if Bill will offer Rolando McClain a slightly better deal this Free Agency than he did last year now that Mayo is retired..

So nobody wanted to touch the FACT that Blount had more yard per carry this year eh?

LETS GIVE FORTE 4 MIL A YEAR lol

When the Pats make very few moves and go into the year with very little cap space, I'll be here asking "so where did it all go" since you all think it's unlimited

I see the troll is back.

Of all the new poster's here you are by far the dumbest. You have literally been factually wrong about pretty much everything. You can't even get Forte's age right and had absolutely no idea how good a receiving back he is. And you have no clue how the cap works, which is why you keep insisting they are up against it. They have no major free agents, numerous contracts they can redo to create space, and are already 13 million under it, saying they can't afford a 3-4 million a season player is simply ignorant.

Thanks for calling me dumb, Ivanka.

Also, Forte will be 31 halfway through next year, so no, that's not inaccurate.

You're simply ignorant, and I hate your stupid name

I see the troll is back.

Come up with new material, dude.

So, if the Pats don't sign a big named FA back, am I still a troll...?

With the way I've been treated in this name, I'm assuming the only way you all win, is if Forte is signed..?

Gym Rat?

So nobody wanted to touch the FACT that Blount had more yard per carry this year eh?

LETS GIVE FORTE 4 MIL A YEAR lol

When the Pats make very few moves and go into the year with very little cap space, I'll be here asking "so where did it all go" since you all think it's unlimited

Actually I did. I pointed out that Forte would be our first complete RB in a decade. So unlike last year, our running game wouldn't be obvious. He would make our already difficult offense to defend tougher to key in on.

And simply comparing ypc stats between players on different teams is pointless. Eifert scored more TDs this past season than Gronk, who tied with Jordan Reed. Should the teams work on a swap for one of the two?

And Forte's $2.5-3 million first year cap hit will be the difference between making "very few moves" and what? Dozens?

Thanks for calling me dumb, Ivanka.

Also, Forte will be 31 halfway through next year, so no, that's not inaccurate.

You're simply ignorant, and I hate your stupid name

Yes, it is inaccurate. Forte turns 31 on December 10, 2016, which is 3-4 weeks past the halfway mark, approximately, of the season.

Last edited:

Historically- yes but he is not a 22 touch a game RB anymore.

He is either a good 150 carry a year Rb now or the second coming of Marion Butts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe