PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Would anyone kick the tires on RB Arian Foster?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also love how the only response now when you disagree with someone is to call them a troll. That's just lame.

I guarantee if BB was here, he'd agree with me!

No, always seems to get hurt, he will be on the wrong side of 30 by week 1

Yeah, I'm sure this line will allow an old running back to succeed

Genius logic..

A proven RB won't succeed but some under 28 year old JAG from the scrap heap or some rookie RB picked in the 3rd-4th round will?

You're getting called a troll because your responses are hysterical. Your logic is all over the place. Who are we gonna bring in on O-Line in FA? Or how about this: let's waste a draft pick or hit the bargain bin on a player that MIGHT not suck! You ceased to be intelligent the moment you brought up Jennings.

Right on the money. They need to double dip at RB, one proven and one mid round pick.
I've got my eyes on Chris Swain and Paul James.

Not if you blow all the money on a big named back

There isn't that much cap space bro

Yes...a $2-3m cap hit this year for a RB is going to decimate a team that has 1 priority FA hitting the market and is already $13m under the cap and can free up $7m-$10m more before FA starts...

He's old... Yeah let's give him 12 million dollars lmfao.

You guys should know better. BB would never do that.

I'm not against Forte on the roster, but not for what he's gonna get. Far more important places we could spend money.

And yes, I'm willing to bet a lot that Lewis is a better pass catcher now because he's not old, like Forte, but let's talk about Fortes entire career as if it's relevant as he ages.

Stephen Jackson used to be really good too..........

This is a load of crap. Forte put up over 1300 all purpose yards in 13 games this season and has been one of the top 2-3 producers in football for the past 8 years. Lewis has had 1 good half season in 4 years and regardless of how much we like him he is far from proven over a full season. Forte is two years younger than Peterson and the same age as Dillon was when he came in and helped them win a Lombardi. The Patriots need plenty of help at RB and have the money to fix it and Belichick should do that both in free agency and the draft.

Yeah, I'm sure this line will allow an old running back to succeed

You came in claiming Lewis is a better receiver than Forte and had no idea Forte is the best receiving back in football. The only thing you have demonstrated so far is how little you actually know.

Yes...a $2-3m cap hit this year for a RB is going to decimate a team that has 1 priority FA hitting the market and is already $13m under the cap and can free up $7m-$10m more before FA starts...

This clown knows absolutely nothing about football.

Why are people obsessed with old running backs, when every year, late drafted and even undrafted RBs come in and make a real name for themselves?

Because Foster and Forte were gamechanging talents even last year in limited action and most late round RBs won't be much more than a Brandon Bolden.

It's like asking why Corey Dillon when we already have Cedric Cobbs.

Dude.

Foster's APC was 2.6. :eek:

So, yeah...If by "gamechanging" you mean "Drive Killing", yeah: He was "gamechanging". ;)

nomoreflatti.jpg

He's old... Yeah let's give him 12 million dollars lmfao.

You guys should know better. BB would never do that.

I'm not against Forte on the roster, but not for what he's gonna get. Far more important places we could spend money.

And yes, I'm willing to bet a lot that Lewis is a better pass catcher now because he's not old, like Forte, but let's talk about Fortes entire career as if it's relevant as he ages.

Stephen Jackson used to be really good too..........

Let's pretend you're right about Lewis being a better receiver than Forte at this point. Well, I'm willing to bet everything that Forte is a better every down runner because he's not small, like Lewis, but let's continue to act like a complete RB won't have a significant impact on the roster.

Forte is old and has a lot of miles

Declining the last 3 seasons

Say what you want, call me a troll, w/e, history is on my side.

And Foster isn't worth a roster spot

It's always gratifying to see a civil discussion when Gentlemen disagree. :D

Forte is old and has a lot of miles

Declining the last 3 seasons

Say what you want, call me a troll, w/e, history is on my side.

And Foster isn't worth a roster spot
Declining the last 3 seasons? What are you basing this on?

The fact that his numbers declined? Lol

He had a career high (by a lot) in catches in 2014 and had more yards rushing per game last season than when he was 24 and 25 years old. He also averaged more yards per catch this past season than all but two seasons.

Again, what are you basing your opinion on? Total rushing yards? Because there's a hell of a lot more to it than that.

He's on the wrong side of 30, dude and his numbers are declining....

Do you know anything about the lifespan of a running back?!?!

Again, I wouldn't mind seeing him here, BUT he's gonna be priced too high. BB doesn't pay for old players, or free agents, period.. Unless they are game changers, and 31 year old RBs are not

He's on the wrong side of 30, dude and his numbers are declining....

Do you know anything about the lifespan of a running back?!?!

Again, I wouldn't mind seeing him here, BUT he's gonna be priced too high. BB doesn't pay for old players, or free agents, period.. Unless they are game changers, and 31 year old RBs are not

I still don't see where you're basing your generic "his numbers are declining" opinion. If he hadn't missed 3 games last season, he was on pace for 1,600 total yards. Brady has thrown for more yards and TDs in a season than he did last year. It doesn't mean he's declining. Is Gronk declining because he hasn't matched his 2011 totals?

If he can be had for $4 million a season, his first year cap hit will be no more than $3 million. If you want to argue that Belichick never pays for a RB, we've never had a complete one. Green-Ellis, Blount and Ridley were purely early down RBs. Vereen and Woodhead were passing RBs. We haven't had a 3 down RB for a decade. $3 million isn't worth that? Our kicker will count more than that.

If we had very limited cap space, I'd understand not wanting to spend it all on Forte. But that's simply not the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe