PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Would anyone kick the tires on RB Arian Foster?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Foster will end up in Denver with his old coach Kubiak there. Splitting carries with Anderson.

Thanks for calling me dumb, Ivanka.

Also, Forte will be 31 halfway through next year, so no, that's not inaccurate.

You're simply ignorant, and I hate your stupid name

How old someone is means now, not a year from now. You simply don't know what the f.ck you are talking about and its really obvious. I guess it's time to cut a Edelman, he's 31.

Actually he's not, but he will be someday....

How old someone is means now, not a year from now. You simply don't know what the f.ck you are talking about and its really obvious. I guess it's time to cut a Edelman, he's 31.

Actually he's not, but he will be someday....

Wait until he is advocating that they should cut Brady after next season because he will be 40

Historically- yes but he is not a 22 touch a game RB anymore.

He is either a good 150 carry a year Rb now or the second coming of Marion Butts.

I suspect he's the former, though that may not make him a good fit for the Patriots, who after all already have a very good 150 carry, 70 catch a year RB with injury issues -- who's substantially younger than Foster.

I suspect he's the former, though that may not make him a good fit for the Patriots, who after all already have a very good 150 carry, 70 catch a year RB with injury issues -- who's substantially younger than Foster.

Agreed. I really think they need to pluck a athletic kid out of the draft this year.

Wait until he is advocating that they should cut Brady after next season because he will be 40

Brady is an all time great.. Best QB of all time who takes care of his body better than any athlete I've ever seen. And he's a QB

Comparing Forte and Brady is wrong on so many levels that you should be punched in the groin

Brady is an all time great.. Best QB of all time who takes care of his body better than any athlete I've ever seen. And he's a QB

Comparing Forte and Brady is wrong on so many levels that you should be punched in the groin

You accused everyone of ignoring the stat that Blount had more ypc last season than Forte. I've answered twice that Forte is a complete, 3 down RB and you've ignored that. Do you disagree that having a RB on the field that is strong in both the running game and passing game gives the offense an advantage?

You accused everyone of ignoring the stat that Blount had more ypc last season than Forte. I've answered twice that Forte is a complete, 3 down RB and you've ignored that. Do you disagree that having a RB on the field that is strong in both the running game and passing game gives the offense an advantage?

Nope, I don't disagree at all

I just don't know that paying big money to a back at an age where historically, they lose it, is a good idea.

Nope, I don't disagree at all

I just don't know that paying big money to a back at an age where historically, they lose it, is a good idea.

I understand not spending big money for a RB. If Forte was still commanding a contract that pays $9-10 million annually, I'm sure most here would be much less excited by the thought of signing him. But as you said yourself, $4 million a year. If that turns out to be true, his first year cap number will certainly be lower than $3 million. We'll have to agree to disagree on that being "big money."

Come on, look At the history.. That's big money to the Pats, regarding FAs

Hmmm, not unless it's something like $3.5m/1 year.

Even if that happened, I feel like we'd be let down at some point due to an injury.

He could play amazing throughout the season and inevitably gets hurt at one of the worst possible times (few weeks before playoffs, during playoffs, important game against PIT/DEN/BAL). Or looks great in the first week or 2, then gets a nagging injury that hinders him the entire season. Just our luck!

Next thing you know there's threads popping up about getting Marshawn Lynch out of retirement.

Even if that happened, I feel like we'd be let down at some point due to an injury.

Why are people constantly associating Matt Forte and injuries on this forum?

The guy has played in 15+ games in 6/8 seasons, and 12+ games in EVERY season. As a matter of fact, he's only missed time twice in his 8 year career, and those two times (2011 and 2015) saw a few games missed each time.

If anything, Matt Forte is the opposite of what people are suggesting. Had CHI not played on Thursday after a Sunday game during his injury this past year, he'd only have missed two games instead of three.

He could play amazing throughout the season and inevitably gets hurt at one of the worst possible times (few weeks before playoffs, during playoffs, important game against PIT/DEN/BAL).

That's where someone like Dion Lewis could come in quite nicely ;)

Forte had a 1000+ yard rushing season AND caught 102 balls out of the backfield only a year ago when we won the SB. Those types of numbers aren't really a good indicator of someone who's suddenly lost all of their ability because they just turned 30 a couple of weeks before Christmas. Hell, if we received 2/3 of that production from a RB we'd be pretty happy. One can make a strong argument that it may have been the difference between winning the SB again this year.

While I think all of this talk will end up being moot due to his pricetag being too high, trying to sign him is a complete no brainer if he'll come here on a bit of a cheaper pact.

Why are people constantly associating Matt Forte and injuries on this forum?

The guy has played in 15+ games in 6/8 seasons, and 12+ games in EVERY season. As a matter of fact, he's only missed time twice in his 8 year career, and those two times (2011 and 2015) saw a few games missed each time.

If anything, Matt Forte is the opposite of what people are suggesting. Had CHI not played on Thursday after a Sunday game during his injury this past year, he'd only have missed two games instead of three.

I was referring to Arian Foster

I was referring to Arian Foster

Ah, that makes more sense. Apologies to you. :)

EDIT: by the way, I wasn't necessarily meaning to single you out. The concern for Forte's injuries has been a hot topic around here lately.

Reactions: TBR
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents