PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Worries about Brady's knee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brady took a lot of hits today but nothing to the knee. It gets 1 more week to heal and we didn't have a set back by playing him.

I would let Jimmy play against the Rams but we all know that's not happening.

Agree. I'm pretty sure you would literally have to chain Brady down to stop him from running onto the field.

The truly amazing thing is that Brady could just barely "take a knee" on those last 2-3 plays. And on that play that put him out front of a reverse run, he really looked very hobbled.

What happened to him with Seattle? I didn't even know he was injured.

He has been walking gingerly today, I am a bit concerned about it, would it be safe to possibly rest him for a week? I think it would be best for the team to have him ready for Denver.
Next week we play the Rams and I think that would be a good game to rest Brady and go heavy run.
brady is not sitting down if he can walk. you can forget about it.

No question he is not himself.

He is still 95% better than the hacks currently playing in the league.

Supposedly it is a quad injury, but there are many knee injuries that leave you unable to bend or flex the knee while walking and a little jogging/movement is pretty much unhampered.

If Tom jumped down from any height and landed on his feet, that would be HELL. Or if Tom was invited to a Japanese dinner, he would have to beg pardon and sit on a chair rather than on his haunches.

I wonder how much longer BB will ignore to add actual legit talent to the Oline. It's been killing the offense and Brady since '07, yet year after year, we get the same old garbage.

I wonder how much longer BB will ignore to add actual legit talent to the Oline. It's been killing the offense and Brady since '07, yet year after year, we get the same old garbage.

Eh it's been pretty decent other than Andrews who is undersized but brings a lot of effort.

They played well in The second half.

I'd rather address Corner possibly and LB but yea definitely investing as soon as possible in a C especialy

Are we certain Kam's hit was the cause? Kam hit his R leg, he hopped on his L knee and it gave a little on the Blount reverse field play. Reports on the injury just say knee.

Would a healthy Jimmy put 10 points on the board in the first half of this game? I think so.
Sure, why not. In fact I think they could have had more. Brady was not sharp.

Brady took a lot of hits today but nothing to the knee. It gets 1 more week to heal and we didn't have a set back by playing him.
Come on. Just playing on it is going to aggravate a knee injury. I speak as the proud possessor of two bad knees. Even if he didn't get hit, that knee is going to swell up like a cantaloupe overnight. Supposedly, he was hobbling pretty badly when he got off the bus today.

I don't agree with the coaching today and have disagreed with a couple decisions in the past year (Miami game last season and that onside kick against Eagles). I am glad we won, but playing Gronk was a terrible decision. Brady should of at least sat for the first Q and see how Jimmy G fairs. Brady was hurting today and hasn't been "superhuman" lately. He is still the goat and one of if not the best QB in the league, but he's making more mental mistakes recently.

No, Brady should not have sat today. We should not have trotted JG out to see "how he fared". Players play hurt in the NFL every game. Brady gives us the best chance to win - and every game matters right now.

No, Brady should not have sat today. We should not have trotted JG out to see "how he fared". Players play hurt in the NFL every game. Brady gives us the best chance to win - and every game matters right now.
Do you think JG would of played badly though? Brady does give us the best chance to win of course, but he's lucky he wasn't more injured out there. Not to mention that Brady was off today and hard to say if he gave us the best chance to win this game alone due to the injury and all the misses. Not saying JG would of been perfect and we won so who cares haha, but it was risky. Proof: Gronk and how hobbled Brady was.

Why does everyone think JG would have been so great? He is the backup for a reason. He had 2 great quarters vs Miami and a fair game vs Az. Anyone can have a season-ending injury at any point. You have to win these games now, not starting in January. Brady could play - he played and won. You can't wrap the players in bubble wrap. Winning in the NFL is hard - there are not many blowouts. Sure Brady is not perfect - the other team is playing too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back