PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Worries about Brady's knee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does everyone think JG would have been so great? He is the backup for a reason. He had 2 great quarters vs Miami and a fair game vs Az. Anyone can have a season-ending injury at any point. You have to win these games now, not starting in January. Brady could play - he played and won. You can't wrap the players in bubble wrap. Winning in the NFL is hard - there are not many blowouts. Sure Brady is not perfect - the other team is playing too.
Calling JG "just a backup" is unfair in this case because 90% of QBs in the NFL would be backups to Brady. Like I said: We won and all that matters is that win so I can agree playing Brady was fine. Though, it was risky and there is proof to that: Gronk and how hobbled Brady was. We don't need a blowout, you just need to be careful with injured players who seemingly need more rest. Its what happened to Gronk.

Who knows if Gronk's injury had anything to do with the injury from Seattle? He has a history of back problems. Anyone can get hurt at anytime. Sure you try and not get people hurt - but when people play they can get hurt. The idea of "we don't need Brady this week" is simply nearly always not true.

I think a lot depends on the specific injury Brady is dealing with. If 1-2 weeks of rest were enough to get him right, I'd be fully on board with giving him that. But maybe it's something pretty small and he'll be fine either way with some midweek maintenance, or maybe the knee is bad enough that even a few weeks or rest wouldn't fix it. In either case, the end result is that it isn't so straightforward.

The last thing we want, though, is Brady trying to play with an injury that requires rest and making it worse. Manning's career basically ended on a torn quad, don't want that for Brady obviously.

Have the Pats said which knee? It looked to me to be the left one - not the one Kam hit.

Edit - watched the Blount play again - it is the R knee.

Last edited:
Why does everyone think JG would have been so great? He is the backup for a reason. He had 2 great quarters vs Miami and a fair game vs Az. Anyone can have a season-ending injury at any point. You have to win these games now, not starting in January. Brady could play - he played and won. You can't wrap the players in bubble wrap. Winning in the NFL is hard - there are not many blowouts. Sure Brady is not perfect - the other team is playing too.
He's a backup because he's playing behind arguably the greatest QB in NFL history. Don't act as though that means he can't be a really good player himself.

Not knocking JG. But he is not the 1st-string QB. If Brady can play, he plays - until the games are meaningless.

I believe I read it from jeff howe, but bradys knee injury apparently is related to the swelling from his quad moving to his knee. perhaps the 49ers game aggrivated it. hopefully another week of treatment and that knee can get better.

Calling JG "just a backup" is unfair in this case because 90% of QBs in the NFL would be backups to Brady. Like I said: We won and all that matters is that win so I can agree playing Brady was fine. Though, it was risky and there is proof to that: Gronk and how hobbled Brady was. We don't need a blowout, you just need to be careful with injured players who seemingly need more rest. Its what happened to Gronk.
Gronk got a totally different injury.
Your argument seems to be football players get hurt and can't play so don't let them play so they can't get hurt.

Put Jimmy in to play against the Rams.

Trade Jimmy to the Rams for Goff + 1st round pick.

Trade Goff for 2 1st round picks in the offseason.

c722a36cf9610d4e712357c2b9cdb9a2.jpg

Jimmy should play while Tom gets jacked up on deer antler extract and HGH until the playoffs. Then he should win another ring and receive full credit for his team's success like the murderer and Archie's son did, then retire.

I don't agree with the coaching today and have disagreed with a couple decisions in the past year (Miami game last season and that onside kick against Eagles)I am glad we won, but playing Gronk was a terrible decision. Brady should of at least sat for the first Q and see how Jimmy G fairs. Brady was hurting today and hasn't been "superhuman" lately. He is still the goat and one of if not the best QB in the league, but he's making more mental mistakes recently.

God, you are as bad as the national media that cant seem to get the "taping of opponents practices" part right whenever they write about spygate.

It was a dropkick and not an onside kick. There is a difference of more than 20 yards between the two. I am curious if you all would keep complaining about this non-issue if it was a squib kick instead.

Also if you think there is any chance that Brady would sit out a competitive game, quarter or even a play because of an injury then I think you really dont know who our QB is.

He has been walking gingerly today, I am a bit concerned about it, would it be safe to possibly rest him for a week? I think it would be best for the team to have him ready for Denver.
Next week we play the Rams and I think that would be a good game to rest Brady and go heavy run.

I'm up for it*. Let Brady have the first series so he gets credit for win 201 as the 'starter' and let JG finish the game.

* When/if BB calls me for my opinion this week, I'll give him by two cents.

No one even knows how he hurt his knee!

He says it's fine day after the game!

He claims it was sore during game!

Make more cookies

I honestly wonder how smart it was to play him today
Considering it was a division game and we need every win we can get to get to a first round bye, and hopefully the #1 seed, I'd say it was very smart to play him. At this point the only game I would consider resting him for is the last one, and that's only if we've locked up our best playoff seed and whether we win or lose doesn't matter. Since Miami is still in the hunt (and even capable of winning the division if we start losing), that probably isn't going to happen. You've got to dance with them that brung ya.

I believe I read it from jeff howe, but bradys knee injury apparently is related to the swelling from his quad moving to his knee. perhaps the 49ers game aggrivated it. hopefully another week of treatment and that knee can get better.

Wasnt just howe , it was fairly widely reported that was a quad injury not a knee. he took a hard helmet to his quad while his leg was flexed and the muscle tight. Ive had that injury when i played competitive hoops-it can be excruciatingly painful. the swelling spread to the muscle above his knee. but its still all muscular-not bone or joint-related. it will heal. you cant really damage it more by even getting hit there. its more about pain management and loss of mobility. but Tomseemed to do pretty well. he is a tough hombre. relax,y'all. i have 0 concerns about TB12. Im more concerned with gronk getting right for playoffs.

Wasnt just howe , it was fairly widely reported that was a quad injury not a knee. he took a hard helmet to his quad while his leg was flexed and the muscle tight. Ive had that injury when i played competitive hoops-it can be excruciatingly painful. the swelling spread to the muscle above his knee. but its still all muscular-not bone or joint-related. it will heal. you cant really damage it more by even getting hit there. its more about pain management and loss of mobility. but Tomseemed to do pretty well. he is a tough hombre. relax,y'all. i have 0 concerns about TB12. Im more concerned with gronk getting right for playoffs.

Knowing that, how long do you think it'll be before Brady is a 100 percent?

Knowing that, how long do you think it'll be before Brady is a 100 percent?
Dont know-he obviously got hit pretty good. But he'll gradually get better.its basically a very deep muscle bruise-one delivered by a very large human with a rock hard helmet at full speed. i expect he'll have lot more mobility vs. rams than he did vs. jets. if TB were a rb,wr or cb he wouldnt have played last sunday-he wouldve been a liabilty. but damn, hes looked pretty good to me last few weeks. i see it as a non-issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back