PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Woody Johnson Clear Cut Tampered Re: Revis

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know how this thread made it 25 pages. He broke the rule but what he said warrants a slap on the wrist from the league at best. People daydreaming about draft picks are fooling themselves.
Teams have swapped draft picks for less than what Woody did. In reality everyone tampers, you'd be a fool to say BB has never tampered. But, Woody made it wayyy too obvious and deserves what others have paid for the same crime.

Fnordcircle
Since the idiot Johnson is a repeat offender and there is established precedents for the punishment, I do not understand why you think they should get a slap on the wrist. Many people on this site think the placement of a camera is the wrong location should be punished by a slap on the wrist since the opposing team did the same thing. We all know how that turned out./

Last edited:
Personally I'd like to see us having to exchange 1st round picks. I mean it's Revis. That deserves a 1st round pick penalty, right? :D

I can. He's ignored in game sideline tripping of opponents. He's ignored public profanities too profuse to count by the blubbering Warthog....some done in front of children. He's ignored public displays of disgusting gluttony and unbridled endorsement of dangerous eating habits performed in public. He's ignored seedy, deviant, reprehensible toe fetishism..once again for public consumption, easily within reach of children with a few clicks of a mouse.He's ignored blatant, obvious tampering by members of the Jet hierarchy. He's ignored the drunken, spastic, slanderous mutterings of that disgusting drunk, Mike Westhof....the list is almost endless. Goodell obviously does not give a crap about ANY perception when it comes to HIS former employer.

The longer he stays on as Commish the more he shows his true Jet green color.

Changing the SB rules to get it into NY in February to sell PSL's to Jets fans was the greatest green movement of all time though. The fans were forced to overpay green and the Woody & Goody show got to keep it.

And look at the way that Goody governs the NFL. He does his job exactly as the Jets do theirs. That's no coincidence.

You guys who watch the sports channels on TV please tell me how ESPN and the NFLN are all over this big story of an owner's blatant tampering with the NE Patriots star player. I'll be waiting right here...

I'll wait with you...

Disband the Jets, its the only sensible thing to do. :D

Obviously, the league office will remain mum on the subject, and if questioned will resort to the typical "it's being investigated internally" sort of answers. To tell the truth, the worst thing that could happen with regards to a ruling in our favor now is if he did get fired. Then a new commish could come in and arbitrarily dismiss this case without the anchor of previous cases impeding his decision. For us, right now, the best thing is is if this current douchebag remains employed.

I'd give the NFL the dismissal if it was a new Commish.

I'd give the NFL the dismissal if it was a new Commish.
Not this time. He crushed our team unmercifully with the Spygate episode. Not only did we loose a 1st but we've had to carry a label ever since. Eff the fines. Who cares? The damage he did to our franchise is unprecedented in proffessional sports.

He went far and beyond the scope of his powers and used that power to scathe our team like no other face of a league has ever singled out one team in history. Now that our team has incurred a disadvantage with regards to tampering, he's going to look the other way after his rulings on previous cases have been consistent and documented?

No, he needs to stay until this matter is resolved. If he decides, in his ultimate power-drunk God-like veiw of himself, to deviate from his previous decisions, we should crucify him as a fan base for the obvious over-the-top targeting of one particular franchise. Ours.

2 wrongs don't make a right. I understand that. If he sweeps this under the rug, as a fan base, it will be completely obvious now more than ever that he has a documented disdain for 1 particular franchise among the 32 he has been elected to govern.

Let's see what colors he shows.

Goodell has gotten away with disgracing our franchise for over a decade. I've had it with him. The league will do just fine (even better, IMO) without him.

If he goes in the wrong direction on this one it's obvious now more than ever he needs to be dismissed and a new head of the league we can respect should be put in his place.

Woody needs to learn to wear a Tamperon when he speaks to the press.

While I absolutely think Johnson should be punished for breaking the rule, do people really, seriously, think what Johnson said has any effect at all?

I'd argue that Revis's agent would be incompetent if he didn't ferret that information out on his own. I also cannot believe that agents don't get plenty of "tips" from "sources" in the organizations of most teams. So the practical effect of Johnson's statement is totally nil, IMHO.
your missing the point. Its not the outcome or even the market that matters, its the tampering . If it is ok to "woo" players already under contract think of the possibilities

your missing the point. Its not the outcome or even the market that matters, its the tampering . If it is ok to "woo" players already under contract think of the possibilities

Did you read my first paragraph? I said he should be punished for breaking the rule.

But I also think anyone who thinks Woody's statement actually made it harder to sign Revis or raised his price is hopelessly naive.

Did you read my first paragraph? I said he should be punished for breaking the rule.

But I also think anyone who thinks Woody's statement actually made it harder to sign Revis or raised his price is hopelessly naive.
Your still missing my point. If you believe publically soliciting players under contract wouldn't effect allot of things in a negative way your naïve. And yes I'm sure its done hush hush wink wink . But sanctioning it for public consumption would reek havoc on the league. So yes it would effect prices along with much more

Your still missing my point. If you believe publically soliciting players under contract wouldn't effect allot of things in a negative way your naïve. And yes I'm sure its done hush hush wink wink . But sanctioning it for public consumption would reek havoc on the league. So yes it would effect prices along with much more
Absolutely correct. The idiot Johnson has probably cost Kraft and the Pats money and cap space by indicating his willingness to match any offer.

Absolutely correct. The idiot Johnson has probably cost Kraft and the Pats money and cap space by indicating his willingness to match any offer.
For example just imagine if a few owners had come forward when Wilfork was looking for a new contract while still under contract. Do you think he would have been quite as reasonable as he was? There IS a reason for these rules.

For example just imagine if a few owners had come forward when Wilfork was looking for a new contract while still under contract. Do you think he would have been quite as reasonable as he was? There IS a reason for these rules.

What makes you think "a few owners" (or their catspaws) didn't contact Wilfork or his agent?? Or that Wilfork's agent didn't contact them? (If I were Wilfork I'd fire my agent if he didn't reach out to other teams, either officially or unofficially.)

The "no tampering" rule serves no purpose other than PR. It pushes the unseemly stuff behind the scenes instead of happening in public.

What makes you think "a few owners" (or their catspaws) didn't contact Wilfork or his agent?? Or that Wilfork's agent didn't contact them? (If I were Wilfork I'd fire my agent if he didn't reach out to other teams, either officially or unofficially.)

The "no tampering" rule serves no purpose other than PR. It pushes the unseemly stuff behind the scenes instead of happening in public.
It only serves no purpose if when violated there are no consequences . I believe you are wrong if owners could publically solicit players under contract it would have a disastrous effect on the NFL .It would be like playing poker knowing what your opponent is holding. If you cant see this I cant help you. Just the fear of tampering has results. Allow it and watch what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes